Deleted

Rotation Questions (boomkin)

Ok, only pre-cata raiding exp here, but I have some questions that I don't really see come up in any forums that I have seen.

1. It is common knowledge that one should refresh their dots immediately after hitting eclipse, but I was wondering if it was worth it to refresh them once more when you have one cast left, thus allowing them to retain their eclipsed damage throughout your non-eclipse period and leaving less chance that they will have to be refreshed before your next one? Also worth noting that most of the time this would mean that BOTH spells would then benefit from NG as well as eclipse buff.

2. Scenario: You are pounding on a boss. It is tank and spank at the moment, so you are going all out and blowing it up. You hit Solar eclipse and start unloading your wraths on the baddie like there is no tomorrow. You have about 20 solar energy left when, all of a sudden, DBM is screaming at you that some mechanic that requires you to run in circles, jump through a ring of fire, what have you, is going to happen in 5 seconds. Is it worth it dps wise to get those last 2 wraths (and possibly SS) off and leave eclipse, or is it better to just hold off and start to IS, Sunfire dance to prep for the inevitable moonfirespamfest. I know this is highly dependent on the length of the movement phase, so for the sake of argument lets make it last 15 seconds, short enough that you wouldn't have to refresh IS again after starting.

3. Scenario: Same scenario as before, except instead of high-movement phase, you get a boss-immune, low to medium health add phase. Same length of time

I know these are pretty random, but they seem to me like plausible raiding situations that one could encounter and I would like to know others opinions on how to handle them.

I am waiting on an answer for number one, but for 2, I would say begin spamming sunfire, as you would lose the 40% damage buff from eclipse the entire phase, lengthening your uneclipsed time. Number 3, start spamming sunfire on everything like a madman, if one add has enough health to stand and nuke, do so, so long as you are sure you will be eclipsed when he dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

1. No, it's not common knowledge you should refresh immediately after entering an eclipse. This would be bad play to do this automatically every time you enter an eclipse. You should refresh your dots at some point during an eclipse, but at their natural expiry. You should not clip them early just because you happened to proc eclipse and you should not clip them again right before ending an eclipse.

2. yes, you should extend an eclipse and lunar shower spam in this situation.

3. yes again.

See my sig.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced