Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I searched for Sambas a couple of times... Asking around if someone had tamed him to think about what the best time is to start looking for it... I searched for 2 days for around 2-3 hrs... A guildie of mine whispered me then he found Terrorpene. So I went down to Hyjal to tame that one instead. 30 minutes later an other hunter in our guild got Sambas when he was fishing. I think you can't really search for a rare pet. You just have to be at the right spot at the right time. Just pure luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    about a day after hitting level 85, i was browsing petopia for rare pets. saw there was a fire turtle, thought id go check out hyjal to see if its there. And guess what hes just sitting there wondering around.

total camp time = 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 1 second

Samabas on the other hand.... seen just about every hunter on the server with him, but iv'e had no luck there

This is the exact opposite of what happened for me, I was looking for Karoma in the wrong spot (Way before people knew where he spawned) and my alert went off for Sambas. Never spent a second camping for him, he was just chillin' under a tree. Tamed him asap, haven't seen a single other (Horde) hunter on my server with him. I see Terrorpene in Orgrimmar daily yet can't tame him for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Citreae View Post
    I searched for Sambas a couple of times... Asking around if someone had tamed him to think about what the best time is to start looking for it... I searched for 2 days for around 2-3 hrs... A guildie of mine whispered me then he found Terrorpene. So I went down to Hyjal to tame that one instead. 30 minutes later an other hunter in our guild got Sambas when he was fishing. I think you can't really search for a rare pet. You just have to be at the right spot at the right time. Just pure luck!
    100% of the pets I tamed were done this way, I've even gotten TLPD and the Frostbitten achievement. Specifically camping hasn't worked for me once.
    Last edited by Fortuitous; 2011-01-14 at 07:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    So you basically sleeping for 6-8 hours and as soon you wake up you camp in front of your PC for 16-18 hours till you get sleepy and repeat ?
    And all this for a pet?
    In a game?
    Fro pixels?
    Was there a point here or were you just overly curious about the details of something that thousands of people find enjoyable?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    So you basically sleeping for 6-8 hours and as soon you wake up you camp in front of your PC for 16-18 hours till you get sleepy and repeat ?
    And all this for a pet?
    In a game?
    Fro pixels?
    yep thats right

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 08:55 AM ----------

loque nahak....5 days from 13:00 to 05:00 @ 17:21 i got him and now i was questin in highlands and suddenly a guildie /w me hee guys i see loque any bm want ? so now i got 2 >_<

i was so lucky to get terrorpene without camping.
    i flew there 1 to 3 times a day for only one minute, just to check if she is there. after two weeks i tamed her
    i cant imagine how people are starring 16h+ at the screen doing nothing...

Broken tooth for me. Standing on that mound and using eagle eye for hours. I gave up on him and a few days later while going to help a friend in uldaman i took one last scout and it was worth it Can remember the ridiculous caster knockback with BT and hurricane bow. I lived in AV for the most part of my lvl60 career.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by acamas View Post
    The pet I camped the most for was Loque' Nahak. Shared a random 6 hour respawn rate with 2 other rare spawns in Scholozar Basin. It was tough getting him on U.S. Realm Mal'Ganis because in the beggining of Wotlk he was the rarest and most camped rare spawn, on top of Loque having 3-5 different spawn locations all over scholozar. I camped about 12 hours a day for 3 weeks, since I also had a broken leg at the time and nothing to do but camp and camp and camp. Eventually I gave up and flew around mining for saronite and as I was farming saronite and titanium, he spawned right in front of me and he was mine all mine to tame
    Saw a hunter farming it back in WoTLK, but I thought it was one for the rare frostbitten achie, I killed it while the hunter was afk 30 seconds.... men he was angry at me...

I got terrorpene, but not using him because he's Tenacity
    But I got Ashtail tho He is so awesome...
    And a Oil wolf from Borean Tundra, not camped but it took awhile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Such a fun system blizzard put in, sitting in one spot for countless hours even days just for something that look slightly different.
    Complaining about an optional time waste? I bet you go around town and complain how stores have windows for you to stare into and waste time: "aarrr what a fun concept. walking past windows looking at clothes and furniture I can afford or find hideous"

^^

No hunter so Ill post about my vanity pet too:
    I camped in front of stormwind hidden a little uphill where you had to exploit up to. When a certain paladin passed I amushed him. I got a teradisil pet for that.
    It was the payment for the kill. I had this "headhunter" community game rolling. When somebody put 1000g on my head I was attacked constantly, it was really fun ^^

Arcturis: 26 hour camp
    Skoll: 3 days of camping
    Terrorpene : 1 week of camping for about 1-2 hours a day. Got him today after i got out of a heroic.

Skoll was by far the hardest, every hunter and their mother camped his spawn. Hes the only Pet i use and that will never change.

Can't get my Sambas from over 2 weeks, but got Terrorpene in less than a week.

I tamed all 4 'old' Spirit Beasts. Loque took the longest and was where I had competition from other hunters. About a week on-and-off.

The most time I invested into getting a pet was for one of the white wind serpents for my troll hunter (because if you don't have a raptor and snake/serpent pet on your troll hunter you're doing everything wrong) in Zul'Drak o.o Yeah that took me 2 tries because somehow my previous pet didn't dismiss correctly. On the other hand, I only have 6 pets overall, a random icebear, a random wolf from wotlk times, a croco, my lovely raptor, that wind serpent and a mastiff on my worgen hunter :P But I plan on going for Chromaggus when my worgen hunter is 85, that will be my new 'most effort for a pet' record *cough*.

Hm actually I just saw that I tamed one of the nice looking cats in black morass, but because I was only level 67 back then I had to actually find a level 67 (some were 68) of these first, so maybe this took even longer than the wind serpent...
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-01-14 at 11:03 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Loque'nahak, no doubt. Gondria was okayish, Skoll I ran into by accident. Heck, I had an easier time getting Ghostcrawler, one because he wasn't very popular at the moment and only appears in one desolate zone where no one comes.
    The only other rare pet I used to have was back in Vanilla, Rak'shiri the aqua striped nightstalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Was there a point here or were you just overly curious about the details of something that thousands of people find enjoyable?
    Overly curious

Deleted
    Used around 3 days to catch Ghostcrawler.

I got him an evening before I planned to go to bed. In hope I was like ; "Ah, I'll take one more look for him!"
    With no luck, I hitted the esc but then saw a netrual target walk near me on my minimap. (Since he is the only netraul beast in the area he walks)

I spam hitted cancel, jumped him and got him tamed. After that, I was like; Yes!

I got my terrorpene in just a couple of days of casual looking. I did every single quest in hyjal i could leveling while occasionally looking for him. I did get to 85 before finding him, and after I ran a heroic dungeon I decided to go take a look and see if he was there real quick, and he was

Uhk'loc

I have some weird obsession with white pets in the game. I have white lion (Echeyakee, as alliance), white Worm (the one that had skin change from purple to white with cata in dragonblight), but my best and most loved pet is this white gorilla, named him Gouryella. I've camped him for 2 weeks, this was just after Wotlk launch when all the altoholics leveled in ungoro of course, and that cave was pretty crowded that time. I even had 2 hunter competitors so that cave was pretty much full of us, it was terrible.

And all this for a pet?
    In a game?
    Fro pixels?
    You didn't finish reading the rest of the sentence my friend. I have a broken leg, its either WoW or watch CSI... flame me more for being immobile cool guy.

Loque'Nahak a week or two after WotLK Release, camped him since my Hunter got his 77 Up to fly.
    Cost me nearly 2 Months of 6-12 hours daily Camping.
    Since that time if I search for rares I just login/out at the spawn point and check it every 2 hours or so.

Never again!
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral