Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killed him 2 weeks running now when tank healing in 10man. Just seems the way to go.

Cheers for the reply to my question bout the mod. I did a bunch of searching myself and managed to find it. Set up a WG and SM one for the sides of my grid. Very useful. I Found some good ones for tanking too, Mangle for ease of tracking, and Demo Roar for the same reason.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your regrowth doesn't crit over 10k you're probably undergeared, or geared very badly. You need more SP.

Deleted

RESTO DRUID HEALING Chimaren HC MODE

I am in a guild we all have decent gear and know how to play. We have downed all normal bosses and Halfus HC. We are now working on our next heroic (10 Man) which is chimaeren (spelling) Our Healing set up is disc prist and resto druid (me) and holy paladin. I have done both group and tanks but some one allways seems to die. I dont know wether its to too much rng but the tanks take a hit to 1hp and at times we understand they need to be topped off (double strike), like in feud. I use tree on feud number 1 nothing on 2 but tree on feud 3 and save tanquilty at 24% ish just before we go in to next phase.
    What my question is, is what should I heal. The raid or tanks? At the moment we split prist and another healer on raid. So 1 healer on group1 and other group2. Tanks are swiching for the duble hit but the tanks heath are about 190k and other 182k (paldin/DK). I feel as we are missing something but not sure what, really just after any ideas.
    Do you guys have any suggestions it getting frustrating after nights wiping.

During the spread phase, you're fine to heal the raid or tanks. But during the clump phase, rdruids have really bad on-demand AoE healing, so you should probably just be chaincasting HT + full string of hots on the tank. But, ultimately, you would be better off switching to boomkin or benching yourself for another priest or paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    During the spread phase, you're fine to heal the raid or tanks. But during the clump phase, rdruids have really bad on-demand AoE healing, so you should probably just be chaincasting HT + full string of hots on the tank. But, ultimately, you would be better off switching to boomkin or benching yourself for another priest or paladin.
    Half of what this guy is saying.

If you have to stay in the raid, I'd propose that you'd go fulltime tankhealing with paladins beacon and priest on raid. When it's huggytime you efflorence in the raid for a bit of extra raid healing and spam the tank otherwise, and the paladin spam the raid with beacon on tank. You didn't say what spec your priest was, but if he/she is disc, make sure the tank has got shield up for the double attacks, and use tank cds at first DA(-> double attack) and PS/HoSac+Divine shield for maximum damage reducement so you dont have to use 2 healers on the tank fulltime in fued.

If you're having problems with this, I'd advise you to try out the regrowth glyph and switch you to raid healing as the only raid healer, and see if you can get the hot up on everyone and make sure your overhealing (>10k) is very minimal, so you can keep the hot up without spamming people, and rejuv the ones that you're having troubles with. (also, prot paladin is very helpful for raidhealing also because you only need to heal people 10k and word of glory is more than sufficient enough for that 10k, so spam him for help if you're having troubles).

10+ Year Old Account
    Since, this isn't a specific question merging into the other topic, which is the same question, which is on the 2nd page, and also in the search function, ......

Deleted
    Was searching for a way to heal this well on my druid whilst assigned to raid heal. I found out that i could easily solo raid heal with WG + Rejuv(while the raid is spread) Leaving the other healers to focus tanks. This was HC mode.

Hope this helps.

note: I hit WG as soon as teh slime strikes, then use rejuv on affected targets.
    Last edited by mmoc384147a117; 2011-05-25 at 10:28 PM. Reason: note

This fight is ezmode even on heroic u just gotta undertstand one simple thing MASTERY , get your haste soft cap which should be around 8% taking into account that you should have a shammy/shadow priest/boomkin in your raid and completely reforge to mastery
    when healing this fight u wildgrowth then rejuv over the WG targets simple, druid should straight up be raid healing till our new mastery comes out btw ...imo

10+ Year Old Account
    1st off the haste cap is 21.5%. Haste %s don't stack the way you assume, and even if they did, it wouldn't be 8% minus the 5 from raid buffs.

You have to get people to 10k quicker than rj + wg will do if you are assigned your own group. So if you are group healing, even with mastery WG + hotting them will not be enough before the next mechanic.

Druids are fine tank healers right now and with the new mastery, the difference is actually about 14% in favor of the old mastery. So the new mastery is actually a nerf when it comes to tank healing.

The best and real only way to be able to keep a group up alone on this fight is WG and RG spam them when it hits.

In the end, if druids are raid healing this fight they should be support healing, not assigned to a group since we are by far the worst class to do it.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-05-25 at 11:40 PM.

someone beat me to it

My guild is 6/13 and Our raid comp atm is somewhat iffy but were brining in a top 100 US Holy Priest, but until then we roll with

hpally(myself)
    rdruid
    rdruid

Both druids are over 18k hps for this fight,Heroic mode Obv.

We have me beacon the "normal" tank and heal the DA Tank while the druids heal the raid it actually works amazingly well.

our druids arent the most geared either,each with something like 360 Equipped as we both just recently Picked them up. Our r druid who has taken an Unseen ABscence is 365 Equipped. But ya like I said just heal the raid.

If you are put on raid healing the easiest way I found was to rejuv swiftmend the person. You will heal more than the 10k required, but at least it works.
    Tank healing is far better suited for resto druids though.

Deleted
    Im a resto druid and #i raid heal on this with a Paladin / Holy Priest.

Group 1 has 2 tanks and holy paladin / me (druid) Firy warrior
    Group 2 has priest, hunter, mage, spriest, boomkin

I lifebloom target whos taking the double strikes, holy paladin beacons off tank and uses big heals on doubestrikes.
    I then just rejuvenation anyone with a slime. If 2 people in my group get slime i rejuv first one and then rejuve swiftmend/wildgrowth
    I never have a problem and mana wise im the best for mana. If someone gets slimed who already has a rejuv on them then i dont even need to reapply rejuv unless it runs out.

During feuds just go nuts aoe healing.

I do the same job on heroic too, altho on heroic Soon as feud hits I ensure i put some bigger heals on tank then aoe heal.

I suppose my gear will be alot better then urs but I really dont have an issue just using rejuv/wildgrowth/swiftmend.

Erm, is my group the only one who doesn't use assignments for h-chima? We just don't feel the need. Obviously I roll LBs on the DA tank and the hpally does his beacon thing, but other than that, we just kind of heal where it's needed and it works out pretty well. No mana problems. Now I'm wondering if we're making it too hard for ourselves xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    1st off the haste cap is 21.5%. Haste %s don't stack the way you assume, and even if they did, it wouldn't be 8% minus the 5 from raid buffs.

You have to get people to 10k quicker than rj + wg will do if you are assigned your own group. So if you are group healing, even with mastery WG + hotting them will not be enough before the next mechanic.
    Not true, i have healed with a group assigment every week for months. As soon as the mechanic happens, you hit WG and then put 1 Rejuv on top of that and they pretty much instantly go over 10k health. Ofc if your WG happens to be on CD or the relevent targets dont get hit by WG (though if you are quick enough they should) then you will have to revert to Swiftmend/RG.

I do agree with you that they are much better as support healing though.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

10+ Year Old Account
    WG is a smart heal. If you are healing a group the chances that all your WGs hit your specific group is very, very slim. You are probably getting side heals from someone else. RG spamming is fine if it's only 5 people.

Also, guys really, ofc we are #1 on this fight. You only have to heal people to 10k. At that point everyone else just stops healing but our hots do not. If you aren't 1st as a resto druid you are doing something drastically wrong or your other healers are bad and are just overhealing all they can. That is not impressive or relevant.

If your group is geared you don't need healing assignments. If your 10 has a priest you leave a group to them and focus the other. Besides that everyones AoE heals and smart direct heals on those who didn't get hit is enough. Most restos in 10 just use the RG glyph though and spam that throughout the fight.
    In 25s is when if you don't assign groups(as in aoe heal whoever, but if someone in that group dies it's your responsibility) you will loose people to missed placed heals. It's much easier to just leave a resto on aoe, pick up healing and let a pally, priest, or even shaman focus on the groups.

With the loss of our Holy/Disc Priest, I've had to run as backup healer (normally a boomkin) for our Hardmodes. Chim is an interesting one for my guild since we do Resto Druid x 2 and Holy Paladin.

Normally we split the groups between the two resto druids and we cast healing touch on one of the caustic slimes. If two people appear in my group I start from the bottom of the group and work my way to the top healing the first one I find. The other resto druid starts from the top and works his way down. Sounds confusing, but it works for us.

During feuds double wild growth and swiftmend/efflorescence to help us out. We do a tranq rotation with the third feud generally being the worst since we have no tranq for it. But we have raid wide cooldowns to mitigate some of the damage.

We don't seem to have any issues with it.

Also, the resto druids roll Rejeuv on the MT and lifebloom/rejeuv on the break tank. That's on top of the pally healing the tanks.

Now my question is, can a paladin do caustic slimes by themselves? I realize they have to use their mana inefficient heal to do it (Flash of light is like 1.3 seconds). If a paladin was solely focused on caustic slimes will they run OOM quickly into the fight?

Not that we need to change up our strategy, but I'd like to hear if there is an easier one out there. No point killing ourselves over an unnecessarily complicated strat.

i dont wanna grow up

Deleted
    I always tank heal on Chimaeron.

We're underpar on raid healing on this specific fight. So, to get the most out of us healers, my guild uses me as a tank healer there, and our priests/paladins raid heals. It works much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavak View Post
    During feuds double wild growth and swiftmend/efflorescence to help us out. We do a tranq rotation with the third feud generally being the worst since we have no tranq for it. But we have raid wide cooldowns to mitigate some of the damage.
    Have you tried maybe saving tree forms for 3rd/4th feud? So it would be something like you Tranq first feud, other resto druid Tranqs second feud, you ToL 3rd feud, they ToL 4th feud? By the 5th feud/beginning of P2 push, your tranq should be off CD and you should be able to top everyone by the time you push the next phase. That might make your 3rd and 4th feuds more manageable so you're not killing yourself mana-wise to keep everyone alive.