Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Also, guys really, ofc we are #1 on this fight. You only have to heal people to 10k. At that point everyone else just stops healing but our hots do not. If you aren't 1st as a resto druid you are doing something drastically wrong or your other healers are bad and are just overhealing all they can. That is not impressive or relevant.
    Not really the case. Last night during our H:Chim i noticed our resto shaman was sitting about 1k above me in HPS (20k to 19k), thought i was missing buffs or something... Turns out resto shamans are now dominating healing charts on Chim (top 5 on WoL and 26 out of the top 40 overall).

Thats not to say we arent great healers for this fight but yeah... Not top dogs anymore.

[edit] Sorry, basing my numbers off H:10m. Looking at 25s isnt any better for us though, holy priests seem to take over us there with shamans still dominating.
    Last edited by Stabatya; 2011-05-27 at 05:50 AM.

op must have a 333 i-level weap, or worse.
    my alt does that fight by just popping a rejuv on everybody that got hit then pop WG, massacre will never hit before you get 2 rejuv ticks off(unless ofc you are terrible and either have 0 haste or mega slow reaction time)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabatya View Post
    Not really the case. Last night during our H:Chim i noticed our resto shaman was sitting about 1k above me in HPS (20k to 19k), thought i was missing buffs or something... Turns out resto shamans are now dominating healing charts on Chim (top 5 on WoL and 26 out of the top 40 overall).

Thats not to say we arent great healers for this fight but yeah... Not top dogs anymore.

[edit] Sorry, basing my numbers off H:10m. Looking at 25s isnt any better for us though, holy priests seem to take over us there with shamans still dominating.
    Like I said, they are bad and super overhealing over 10k. Just like all WoL rankings, its mostly people spamming, snipping, and healing when it's not necessary. The nature of hots it's pretty easy to see if everyone stops at 10k, we can dominate meters. The shaman and priests that are top on WoL meters are keeping HR down when it's not needed and throwing coh and the rest of their aoes when it's not needed (over 10k).

I've been on top 10 ranking numerous times since Wrath, and 80% of them have just been on farm content spamming away since there was no need to watch mana anymore. The other 10% was fights in Wrath where people couldn't touch our RJ blanketing with anything. Rankings do not equal, and have never equaled skill or class balance.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-05-27 at 03:16 PM.

Single fight where shamans mastery is perfect, as soon as you threw spirit link totem in last patch they instantly moved to dominating as they should.

I'd almost argue you're doing it wrong if you're topping meters as a druid on chimmy.

wrong is of course subjective since killing farm content is still killing it.

lolchimaeron....
    If u dont have the 3 talent points to increase Regrowth Crit 60%, the 2 talents to increase its potency and the glyph... u're doing it wrong, Coz Regrowth Crits for 15k, non crit 10k. after the massacre Wild Growth and few healings get every1 up since few of them still have the HOT of the regrowth, Mana is just an issues if we get a 4th Feud.

My group have H. Chimaeron on farm, And I take care of the raid and LB on the tank getting the D.A., The Disc Priest helps dpsng w/ Smite, and the Shaman take care of the tanks, But well we have the DPS to push second phase before the 4th feud. the only problems are when the system failure go after 1 Massacre... but even w/ that we get him.

Hehe yeah i agree here with Myrrar - the healer here only need to keep the players above 10k excl ofc the tank - the rest would be overhealing in anycase. So its pretty easy to go and just spam out healing and obtain a high HPS here - but thats not what the fight is about.

For me as resto druid i heal with a Priest and a H/Pally - im lucky that i have an awesome healing group and can rely on them doing there job 100%. Our holy pally is on the tank - i just keep LB x 3 stacks rollong on the tank with a rejuv. Me and the priest is on the low debuff players - i just cast a regrowth + rejuv and that is sufficient but then again i have the 2005 haste. Also if ur specced for the 3 x rejuv and gaining the increased nourish that might work to - but for some reason after the patch i get less out of my nourish and the regrowth + rejuv is more reliable for me - this is Heroic Chim btw.

Deleted

Raid healing

I heal this fight with a shammy and a Disk priest and me as a druid, we split the grps so that i take one on the left side and the disk takes the other on the right then the shammy takes the tanks, we then make sure our AoE heals can hit everyone in our grp. i can do this fine and have little manna trubble thru out the fight.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravenholdt/fimbrethiil/simple

i dont think im over geared for this its just trying to be a smart healer you can look at my spec and try that out but i recomend (Even tho i havnt done this) taking 2 points out of Natures Bounty and placing them in Furor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    WG is a smart heal. If you are healing a group the chances that all your WGs hit your specific group is very, very slim. You are probably getting side heals from someone else. RG spamming is fine if it's only 5 people.
    Yes, it is a smart heal meaning it will target the lowest health first as long as they are in range. By the time caustic slime comes, everyone except the people who are hit by the slime will be high health than the ones hit hence WG should hit them and that is why i also said you will need to be quick.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    Yes, it is a smart heal meaning it will target the lowest health first as long as they are in range. By the time caustic slime comes, everyone except the people who are hit by the slime will be high health than the ones hit hence WG should hit them and that is why i also said you will need to be quick.
    We were talking about massacre. Even for guilds that assign heals, even if a druid has their own group most of the time someone else will take care of slimes. The majority of guilds that do assign groups do not assume they are going to heal slimes, it for massacre only, and those with instants take care of slimes. But yes, if you want to use 2gcds instead of one RG on slimes making sure the glyph keeps up that's fine I guess. Every other class can get their target to 10k easily so that WG is pretty much just overheal and wg + rj is more mana than RG.

But as said, we weren't talking about slimes anyway. Any class can easily heal slime, it's massacre that people start running into problems.

ive healed heroic mode on my druid w/ no problems. we use a 1 pally 2 resto drood comp so for any1 that says its difficult or impossible as a resto drood... youre wrong.

pally heals tanks primarily (biggest focus heals as soon as feud begins). both of us time a healing touch to land on the MT (for feuds) immediately after the massacre - so the tank is topped immediately.

feud phases: stagger cds, its a joke as long as people stack and u get your MT up quick.

nonfeud phases: regrowth (glyphed) => rejuv. he sits in g1, i sit in g2. if i get hit i heal me, if he gets hit he heals himself... if caustics split parties we heal our party... if caustics are in the same party he gets A-Z and i get Z-A. its really that simple.

Having a resto druid heal the raid is a bad idea. It's fine most of the time if you're spec'd correctly, sure, but even then...our Regrowths still aren't nearly crit capped even when fully talented.

Our 10m currently runs with a Druid/Druid/Pally setup (for a number of reasons...don't ask. I know it's bad -_- ), and this fight is a lot more difficult than it should be as a result. Having 3-4 Tranquilities we can use throughout the fight is a plus, though.

We used to run with a Pal/Pal/Druid comp, which was perfect for this fight. Having a Prot Pally as well, we had three LoH for the start of Feuds. Having the two Holy Pallies double-beacon the MT made healing him a complete non-issue. If you have two non-druid healers in your 10m comp, the Druid should honestly just be sitting on the OT and healing him up between double attacks and after massacres.

Every other healer is perfectly equipped for healing spits on this fight. Druids are not.

With our current, stupid comp, we've had to resort to having both Druids Regrowth one of the Spit targets if it's just before a massacre.