Stood in the Fire

Remove Minimap - Garrison - Ore dots

How hard, if possible, would it be to adjust the map settings/code to only show the ore dots while I'm actually inside the mine in my Garrison. It seems to be a zone of it's own; it has it's own name and there are those buff things (pickaxe and coffee) that you can only use while in the mine.

Possibly a little codesnippet that can be implemented in a minimap addon of your choice.

I'm not a miner so I'm not tracking ore, but the garrison mine ore shows up on the minimap anyway and I find it somewhat annoying.

easiest way to get the ore dots to disappear is to mine them

Go mine the ore, that will adjust the map settings and make the ore disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

Mine the ore?
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Stood in the Fire
    Yes mining the ore would or is the obvious solution, but sometimes I don't want to and the dots are distracting so see. They clutter up the minimap with things that I do not want to see. I know they are there, even if I don't see them. I just don't want to see them.

I would also like to pretend the ore doesn't exist, dislike how you have all those miners, but have to mine the ore yourself.

This is annoying me as well. The ore is worthless. It's a waste of time to mine. I still do it every day because the dots are annoying and distracting on the minimap. I'm hoping there will be an addon for this soon.