Thread: "Guildruns"

Deleted

"Guildruns"

How will this work for raids? Will it still be @ an 80% threshold as it is now?
    Raids will continue to require 80% guild participation in order for guild experience and achievements to apply (excluding 40-man raids, which currently only require 40% guild participation).
    Does this count for the number players in the dungeon or for the theoretical maximum of players in the dungeon? Because we've done 2man runs of AQ40, BWL, and a 4 man Onyxia but havent been awarded with the corresponding achievements even though we had 100% of the players in the guild >_>

Is there a bluepost on this somewhere? Do you really have to have 16 people for a guildrun of MC? I mean.. 16!!! You solod MC with 80.

I think just because dungeons are outdated does not mean that to get an achievement you can do it with less. To get the achievement originally you needed that many to rock up, why not now?

"We know you pay your $15 a month. But the rest of the raids $375 wants you to get out of fire." - Haxzorr

Deleted
    It's % of the intended group size. 2 people isn't 40% of 40 people.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Neipsy. I think that you have to have the 80% of whatever the raid size was originally to get credit. Same for dungeons, pretty sure you can't just stroll in and solo all the old BC or Wrath dungeons for guild credit.

15+ Year Old Account
    You need all the "X amount of guildies" people INSIDE the instance to be able to clear it as a guild group as well - yes, it seems stupid you need to gather so many people when you can clear a place with far less in some cases but they need to set the standard for the game to follow.

Also its not 16 people - think it was 12 or 15 we had when we did the 40 man guild runs. Its stated somewhere how many you need.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the 40% is wrong unless they change it, currently you need 10 people for the 40 man raids, done MC and AQ40 a few days ago with 11 people and got the achievements. Its 20 for 25 man raids, 8 for 10 man and (until patch) 4 for 5 man.

Deleted
    Dang, this sucks -.-
    Now I have to invite rnd into the guild just for the BC raids and kick them afterwards.
    I can accept that we probably wont ever make 3k flasks. Not soon anyways because thats designed for guilds of +40 members but killing a boss?
    We already looted 25k gold from creatures with 4 people since it started though. So the old raids still help achieving stuff even if you only bring 2 or 3 people >.<

I would like those achievements to take into account that 100% of our guild was in there. Not only that we were 100% of the raid but also 100% of the people in the guild.

Anybody care to join mah guild and get kicked right after the bossloot got rolled?

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by neipsy View Post
    I think just because dungeons are outdated does not mean that to get an achievement you can do it with less. To get the achievement originally you needed that many to rock up, why not now?
    We did AQ40 with two people @lvl80 (accept twins that needed 3) and its a lot harder to do it that way. Give an achievement for that and Ill shut up about the other one
    Ulduar 3man is also pretty cool.. and exhausting. Takes a lot of time
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2011-01-14 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=akuaku;10096893]Dang, this sucks -.-
    Now I have to invite rnd into the guild just for the BC raids and kick them afterwards.[COLOR="red"]Or maybe you can try with alts which happen to be "offline" for most of the instance tho they still are inside it

The 40% is wrong. Back during the Cataclysm beta they changed all the 40 mans to only require 10guild members so that 10 man guilds wouldn't be denied all hope of getting the achievement.

imo, drop the reqs for ALL past expansion raids to FOUR players (with majority of raid % ofc)
    regardless of the size the raid was designed for (10, 20, 25, 40)
    its all well and good having the old raid content still live, but needing 8+ ppl to kill something soloable is a bit pointless

make the 5man dungeon achs only need 3 guildies (to match the next patch change)
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-01-14 at 01:43 PM.