Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    lock playstyle is different from a mage, but a lot of new lock spells are direct rip offs from mages.

dark intent = focus magic
    shadowflame = cone of cold, especially when glyphed lol
    soul harvest = evocation
    sb: soul fire = PoM Pyro

Although our versions are hands down better, but the thought of the developers having no creativity at all when it comes to lock spells, is disheartening at the same time infuriating. most of our spells this expansion are rip offs from warriors and mages. while mages get some new spells like flame orb and ring of frost.

expect the next expansion we'll get ring of fire or shadowflame orb or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocet View Post
    quit the game imo
    Agree, less QQ for people to feed on =)

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Yes. For the record I have the following:
    * Death Knight, which I have played as Blood, Frost and Unholy (Tank and Dps for each)
    * Druid, which I have played as Balance, Feral Tank, Feral Dps, and Restoration
    * Hunter, which I have played as Beast Mastery, Marksmanship and Survival
    * Mage, which I have played as Arcane, Fire and Frost
    * Paladin, which I have played as Holy, Protection and Retribution
    * Priest, which I have played as Discipline, Holy and Shadow
    * Rogue, which I have played as Assassination and Combat
    * Shaman, which I have played as Enhancement, Elemental and Restoration
    * Warlock, which I have played as Affliction, Demonology and Destruction
    * Warrior, which I have played as Protection
    The Druid and Warlock are both 85
    The Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Paladin and Warrior are all 80.
    The Rogue and Priest are both 58.
    The Shaman is 13, but I previously leveled a Shaman as Ele / Resto to 47 before deleting it to free up character slots, then made another one some time later.
    The 80-and-above characters were all raided on at some point during my total play time. The others I primarily leveled using the dungeon finder.
    Based on this experience I feel that I can speak quite comfortably about the similarities between character classes in World of Warcraft. I won't pretend to know everything but I can say I know more than most.

Yes. I was simplifying it for the purposes of direct comparison.
    You need to find yourself a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    Warlocks were the go to DoT class way before shadow priests were.
    Primarily because Shadow was nothing but a level-specc back then.

Shadow Bolt = Mind Blast
    Drain Life = Mind Flay
    Um no, Shadow Bolt is nothing like Mind Blast. Mind Blast is more like Shadowburn, if you really need something to compare it to. Mind Blast requires 1 gcd to cast, and has a cooldown. Shadowbolt takes 2 gcds to cast (unless specced to 2.5 seconds) and does not have a cooldown, it's basically your "spam in between dots" spell, making it a lot more similar to Mind Flay than any other Shadow Priest spell.

Besides, if anything, Shadowpriests are mimicking WLs more and more, considering we now even have lifetap, although at a 10 second CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    The definition of a Warlock is a Mage who has turned to dark magic as apposed to regular magic. So it's obvious why those two are similar.

Warlocks were the go to DoT class way before shadow priests were.
    No they are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochaelian View Post
    You need to find yourself a girlfriend.
    I don't particularly agree with what Tobias is saying, but this is just pointless.

Also, I never understood the "destro = fire mage" mentality. I can understand relating affliction to shadow, but the playstyle of destro is completely different to that of a fire mage.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    No they are not.
    In fact they were. shadow didn't become viable until a few patches into BC, Affliction was viable upon release of the expansion, and much more widely used during vanilla wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    By putting an '=' symbol between two classes I am not saying they are exactly the same (that is the assumption that some people are making). What I am saying is that the primary concepts of the talent trees and / or spells are extremely similar to the point of them being variations on a theme.

Shadow Priest = Affliction Warlock = Covered in DoTs.
    Beast Mastery Hunter = Demonology Warlock = Pet Improvement Spec.
    Fire Mage = Destruction Warlock = Burn Stuff.
    Congratulations...

Man, I remember when shadow priests didn't care about dots....oh...No, I don't remember that. Can you please enlighten us as to when shadow priests and affliction locks weren't "covered in dots"? What changed in cata that made this all of a sudden different.

Affliction rotation in Wrath: Keep dots up at all times, spam shadow bolt as filler.
    Affliction rotation in Cata (1): Keep dots up at all times, spam shadow bolt as filler.
    Affliction rotation in Cata (2): Keep dots up at all times, drain life as filler.

Yes, I totally see the difference in the rotation that has made you feel like affliction locks don't feel the same anymore.....

Oh, I'm not certain as I don't like druids that much and haven't played one since vanilla, but I've been told that both boomkin and kitty druids are basically "covered in dots" now too...are they the same as affliction locks & shadow priests?

For damage dealing classes, there have always been the DoT classes, and the DD classes. This hasn't changed.

As for demo and BM....Congratulations again! yes in wow there are two classes that always have pets, and SURPRISE SURPRISE both classes have an entire spec tree all about their pet. Yeah, they are somewhat similar...because they kind of have to be, there's only so many things that a pet can do for you, increase your damage, increase their damage, tank for you, give you buffs, give your party/raid buffs...and that's about it.

Actually...Now that I'm thinking about it, unholy DK's tree is kinda similar as well...have pet, use pet, make pets do more damage, make you do more damage, etc...kinda different cause DK's are melee, but still pretty similar.

And Destro....lol, since vanilla I've told people that I didn't want to spec destro cause if I wanted to shoot fire, I'd play a fire mage. You are just now realizing that destro is basically a fire mage with a more involved rotation?

Man, I remember when shadow priests didn't care about dots....oh...No, I don't remember that. Can you please enlighten us as to when shadow priests and affliction locks weren't "covered in dots"? What changed in cata that made this all of a sudden different.
    Once upon a time, shadow only had 1 DoT. Unless you were undead. So basically, shadow back then was more like a fire mage that had to keep up living bomb, rather than an affliction warlock, who always had 3 DoT, and then 4 with TBC.

Edit: Actually warlocks had 4/5 DoTs in classic/tbc. Totally forgot about Siphon Life
    Last edited by Skyve; 2011-01-16 at 08:58 AM.