Rogue vs Feral duels.

I've been doing pretty well in duels, except Feral Druids, They tear me a new one.. Dot me up and just get away from me while i bleed to death.

They also outstealth me so i can't even get a solid opening.

I'm even a Dwarf and can clear their dots with stoneform, but i'm still having difficulty fighting Ferals.

Can any experienced rogue PVPers give me some tips on how to handle myself against a Feral?

Thanks in advance.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is currently no class able to beat a feral. Don't feel bad.
    If you can manage to naab them out of stealth and get them to waste their pvp trinket, it's possible to beat them with a huge CC/cooldown chain. Remember to precast cloak if you see a cyclone coming.
    Last edited by Pieterman; 2011-01-14 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    I practiced quite a bit against some good feral's and they are quite beatable. Keep recuperate up constantly, Gouge every single time it's off cooldown. Kite them like mad saving combo points for a full kidney. happily eat roots as long as you have recuperate up. If they get opener trinket instantly and gouge them, Don't give them a chance to get full bleeds. Don't go for the burst win, it's not going to happen they soak to much damage. You can outlast them to an extent, then when all there defensive cd's are gone I am sure you know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobberz View Post
    I practiced quite a bit against some good feral's and they are quite beatable. Keep recuperate up constantly, Gouge every single time it's off cooldown. Kite them like mad saving combo points for a full kidney. happily eat roots as long as you have recuperate up. If they get opener trinket instantly and gouge them, Don't give them a chance to get full bleeds. Don't go for the burst win, it's not going to happen they soak to much damage. You can outlast them to an extent, then when all there defensive cd's are gone I am sure you know what to do.
    I agree with you, to an extent. Its when they decide to go bear and pop their enraged regeneration that always angers me. It is part of the class but it still irratates me. What spec do you surrently use? Assi or Sub. Cause I have found that sub, for me, is the best way to beat them.
    Cheers!

The way I beat feral druids is to open with garrote, use that combo point for snd, then mutilate recuperate while using evasion and combat rediness. Mutilate twice then rupture, mutilate envenom. And you basically just try to kill them before they kill you.

There's pretty much no way to kill a decent feral. They counter rogues so hard it's not even funny. They can kite us like mad, they can force us to use our cooldowns very easily; once we've used cloak as a root breaker (which we'll have to since they've got faerie fire) or maybe to reopen they have absolutely free reign of the fight. They can faerie fire us back up, run away since their mobility > ours so much and restealth, reopen, kite with full bleeds on or switch to bear and continue to do pretty insane damage with 10k mangles.

With the change of the instant roots glyph they might be a bit easier but as it stands they're an absolute nightmare to fight.

We cant count on opener since they move shitload faster in stealth .. 9of10 openers is druids. Trinket Catform opener vanish > stun dance/vandetta > recup kite as much as u can untill 100% energy.. if hes stays in cat pull evasion ( i chose to use combat rediness instead of evasion becouse bearform stun is game breaking.) so rest is basicly who can do more dmg.. If hes rooting that means hes going defencive.. Sprint / cloak / vanish what ever is avaible. never use cloak and vanish at same time . Wait atleast untill cloak is over before vanishing.. (barkskin survival insticts u can vanish or gouge / stun pre dot or debuff "rapture,expose armor, slice recut, try to have full energy while his defencive cds about to end. I personaly win druids 1v1 but in arena its diffrent story. Smoke bomb = no roots if they stuned u to get away and heal.
    my 2cents
    Last edited by Onezero; 2011-01-15 at 10:49 PM.

Deleted
    If you are at the same skill level with the druid the only way to have a chance is to greatly outgear him.

if you mange to sap pop vendetta right away and open with garrote and pop evasion. then 1 mutilate and envenom.After that 2 mutilates and rupture , then 2 mutilates (hope its 5 combos) and use cold blood and crit envenom him. after that vanish and try to do a cheap shot kidney shot combo to see if he uses his trinket. if he does use it 2 mutilates then blind him and use ur combos for recuperate and get out of combat and restealth.

I don't think a rogue can last to do all this but if u are geared enough u can. this is the best case scenario

Deleted
    It's pretty much 60:40 rogue vs druid if both are equally good and have equal gear. The feral can't kill you while evasion & combat readiness are up (30-50seconds) and you can't kill him while survival instincts are up, though you might be able to through barkskin. None of you should be able to restealth and the druid shouldn't be able to go back to caster form and use hots.

I'd put my money on the rogue just because he always gets the opener personally, but I can also see the druid managing a win, albeit with some difficulty.

The next patch is probably going to make this battle slightly more in favor of the rogue, 65-35 or thereabouts but still very possible to win as both classes.
    And if the answers surprise you, check which forum you posted this in
    Last edited by mmoc4b41585514; 2011-01-17 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    There is currently no class able to beat a feral. Don't feel bad.
    If you can manage to naab them out of stealth and get them to waste their pvp trinket, it's possible to beat them with a huge CC/cooldown chain. Remember to precast cloak if you see a cyclone coming.
    Wow, talk about propagating lies.
    Just wow.

Anyway, a few tips and things to remember:
    1. You can sap at range, the feral has to be at melee to open.
    2. Pop evasion - prevents the feral from generating CPs and applying bleeds.
    3. You should probably trinket pounce. Most druids won't stun (maim) after pounce, and will instead use the 5 CPs for a Rip. If you trinket the pounce and turn around and Gouge them, you will screw up their opener, and possibly mess with them mentally forcing them to make a mistake.

P.S. My main is feral, and I can't lie, I enjoy having a change against rogues, after the raping ferals endured at the hands of rogues in Wrath. TBC it was Feral vs Rogue = Feral. Wrath it was Rogue. Now, it's kind of whoever gets the opener. Not ideal, but at least it's not a guaranteed win for one if they meet the other.
    Last edited by Eldrad; 2011-01-17 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    The way I beat feral druids is to open with garrote, use that combo point for snd, then mutilate recuperate while using evasion and combat rediness. Mutilate twice then rupture, mutilate envenom. And you basically just try to kill them before they kill you.
    This. Also save CDs Vendetta/CB/Trinket for when they go bear so you can finish them off quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    It's pretty much 60:40 rogue vs druid if both are equally good and have equal gear. The feral can't kill you while evasion & combat readiness are up (30-50seconds) and you can't kill him while survival instincts are up, though you might be able to through barkskin. None of you should be able to restealth and the druid shouldn't be able to go back to caster form and use hots.

I'd put my money on the rogue just because he always gets the opener personally, but I can also see the druid managing a win, albeit with some difficulty.

The next patch is probably going to make this battle slightly more in favor of the rogue, 65-35 or thereabouts but still very possible to win as both classes.
    And if the answers surprise you, check which forum you posted this in
    I beg to differ - rolling with 3k resi and feral killed me in 30sec - evasion used + CR

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    Wow, talk about propagating lies.
    Just wow.

Anyway, a few tips and things to remember:
    1. You can sap at range, the feral has to be at melee to open.
    2. Pop evasion - prevents the feral from generating CPs and applying bleeds.
    3. You should probably trinket pounce. Most druids won't stun (maim) after pounce, and will instead use the 5 CPs for a Rip. If you trinket the pounce and turn around and Gouge them, you will screw up their opener, and possibly mess with them mentally forcing them to make a mistake.

P.S. My main is feral, and I can't lie, I enjoy having a change against rogues, after the raping ferals endured at the hands of rogues in Wrath. TBC it was Feral vs Rogue = Feral. Wrath it was Rogue. Now, it's kind of whoever gets the opener. Not ideal, but at least it's not a guaranteed win for one if they meet the other.
    Yeah... A decent druid can destroy any rogue. You can simply bleed kite us to death as mut, or outlast us as sub. Either way, a rogue doesn't really stand any chance against druids.