a healers opinion

hello fellow healers. i am a level 82 holy paladin. been healing all the way from lv 15-82. now from lv 15-80 no problems what so ever. tank does hes job dps does hes job i get a complement that makes me smile and leveling goes smoothly.
    now i ding level 80. ooo blackwing dungeon! this wil be fun.
    i que up. 5 seconds later i get in the dungeon.
    whe have a deathknight in blood presence unholy spec duelwielding x2 agy weapons with holy paladin gear. finding this highly disturbing but decided to just go with it. a lot of devine lights later whe get to the first boss. tank sits there poef removed from the group.
    now this is one of the 20 examples of dungeon groups i get a day on my paladin.
    am i honestly the only person who has to pick this?
    did cataclysm make tanks such a %!*#s?
    i do my job i keep persons alive but i get kicked for the stupidest reazons posible.
    having agro: cause im healing
    being a dorf: i like dorfs!
    out damaging the dps: sorry that i have the mana spare to drop a aoe now and then?
    is this always going to be like this in cata dungeons? or should i just disenchant my healing set and go lolret or something?
    this is not a QQ threat. im just asking is there a light on the horizon

tl:dr. scroll up and read

I myself would quest from 80-85 in that it is way faster (probably 10-15 times faster) than leveling through dungeons (with no rested xp of course).

as holy? imposible. and how els would a player get the expierence?

Quote Originally Posted by quatzecoatl View Post
    as holy? imposible. and how els would a player get the expierence?
    You said you wanted to know if you should DE your holy set and go 'lolret'. I am saying do this.

you just have bad luck m8, i just lvled a resto druid from 0-85 being always the healer, ofc there's the occasional WTF tank but most of the time, i seem to pug with pretty decent players and actually pleasant people in pugs. so i'd say there is hope on the horizon. however this is just normals i'm talking about... when you wanna do hc's go with friends or your guildies ^^

edit: for lvling do quest and just dual spec as ret

Deleted
    Random dungeons are like a lottery, the odds aren't great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkraise View Post
    Random dungeons are like cyanide pills, it's going to end badly.
    Fixed.

OT: Stick to healing. Soon enough, you'll make some acquaintances who play the same time as you, and they'll be decent, if not great players. You will then run heroics like they were old content. You just have to walk through the fog that is LFD until this day comes.

If it really bothers you, make your 2nd spec DPS, queue up, and quest while you wait. You'll be leveling faster than you probably are now, and when you get into the dungeon, there wont be any worry over someone claiming you're bad at healing.

go exorcism spam spec and you can easily quest 80-85 as holy, i did on my paladin. and you can still q a dungeon every time you unlock the quests for a new one. questing is much faster and the dungeon quests are a nice change from it.

I've noticed some terrible pug tanks this expansion, but even more dps (maybe cuz theres 3 of them every group). Ive seen tanks with the least hp in the group, tanks with pvp gear to get past the roic ilvl req, tanks without the crit immune talent, tanks who literally spammed only 1 attack and it wasnt the aoe threat attack so mobs went on a killing spree.
    Ive seen dps that do less dps than the tank, dps in pvp gear to get past the roic ilvl req, dps who had no idea what their rotation/priority system was and went oom spamming arcane blast not even halfway through a boss fight, and hunters/rogues that have no idea what misdirect/tott is, rage when they get aggro and die 1 second after the pull.
    Ive seen healers refuse to heal anyone but the tank regardless of how much mana they have or how little dmg the tank is taking, ive seen healers refuse to interrupt spells that will wipe the whole group regardless of how much mana they have, ive seen healers that have no idea what dispell/cleanse is.

This is what you will find in pugs, either get used to it and just be happy for the 1 out of 10 pugs that will actually have competent players or join a guild that actually runs 5mans together.
    Tanks who know how to utilize cc in the group, use cd's, interrupt spells, is geared appropriately, can actually generate decent aoe/single target threat, and knows the fights.
    DPS that know how to manage their own threat rather than raging at the tank(fd, tott, md, fade, JUST STOP ATTACKING for a few seconds [this one some people have no idea exists]), dps that know how to interrupt spells, dps that dont stand in the fire, dps that are appropriately geared, dps that do more dps than the tank, dps that actually take care of adds rather than tunnel visioning the boss.
    Healers that interrupt and use all their spells when appropriate and in a mana efficient manner.