Make PW:S undispellable?

Please read what I have to say.

This is not a QQ thread. This is not even a suggestion, but moreso a debate I open up to the forumgoers who I yield to as better understanding healing.

I noticed that resto shaman's Earth Shield is no longer dispellable. This got me thinking, "If you cant dispel charges from an earth shield, then why should you be able to dispel PWS?"

I could be out of date on this one, but I remember a shamans ES contributing a large part of their healing. Similarly, a PWS provides (traditionally) a significant amount of a disc priests "healing." But I have always found it extremely frustrating to throw up a shield only to have it immediately purged/dispelled and needing to wait before putting up another.

So I ask, if there is justification in making ES undispellable, is there justification in making PWS dispellable?

tl;dr: NO. Go back and read it.

The ES dispel immunity is actually a nerf. Now we can dispel different, more potent buffs more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    The ES dispel immunity is actually a nerf. Now we can dispel different, more potent buffs more easily.
    With no Heroism, I can think of very few buffs that I would be spamming to get off right this second honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    With no Heroism, I can think of very few buffs that I would be spamming to get off right this second honestly
    Oh no, his Water Shield!
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

In arena I would rather have my Power Word:Sheild begin in the way and deffending my other more important buffs as fear ward and stamina buff

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Oh no, his Water Shield!

I forgot that Shaman do arenas alone. Response is about par for MMo Champ though. A-.
    Last edited by Bags; 2011-01-14 at 10:33 PM.

I'm gonna go out a limb here and says it's because the 2 spells are totally different.

PW:S is completely different spell from earth shield.While in most cases earth shield undispellable is a nerf (if you don't nuke the earth shielded target ofc) PW:S doesn't have stacks,it's far more important for disc than earth shield for shammans and in general they should have made it undispellable.

I forgot that Shaman do arenas alone. Response is about par for MMo Champ though. A-.
    I totally just had a Pretty Little Liars moment reading your comment.

And to the OP: I honestly prefer it. It's better than having to manually dispel every single charge of Earth Shield.

PW:S being undispellable would be broken beyond Belief. Earth Shield in this case would be equivalent to Pain Suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainariela View Post
    In arena I would rather have my Power Word:Sheild begin in the way and deffending my other more important buffs as fear ward and stamina buff
    If you're putting fear ward on you during arena prep you're doing it wrong.
    90 Orc Warrior - Ganglion | 90 Draenei Hunter - Fleshgrind

no, keep it dispellable,more delicious buffs for my mage to steal and my felhunter to nom

yum :P

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I totally just had a Pretty Little Liars moment reading your comment.

And to the OP: I honestly prefer it. It's better than having to manually dispel every single charge of Earth Shield.

PW:S being undispellable would be broken beyond Belief. Earth Shield in this case would be equivalent to Pain Suppression.
    Because priests could actually utilize their main source of "healing" instead of getting rolled by purge bots? OH NOES THEY WOULDN'T BE A FREE HK. Then again, they wouldn't be an honorable kill, just a kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Oh noes, don't take my water walking and underwater breathing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ununoctium View Post
    Oh noes, don't take my water walking and underwater breathing!
    Or my hand of protection...lolwait, that one is useful, sorry. OMG NOT MY SLOWFALL. lookicanplaythisgametoo

ES was a wonderful dispel catcher, but with the dispel nerfs I think it makes sense to also nerf dummy buffs like ES that are easy to apply. Not that it's only useful for defending dispels, but that's definitely a use for it.