How are Disc's doing on PTR with recent changes?

I was wondering if anyone could give me and idea on how Disc is doing as a class in PVP with the recent changes?

My original take is most of the emphasis was placed on PVE improvements. Dispel protection on Pain Supression is welcome, but has little impact considering the long cooldown. We're still lacking meaningful dispel protection on our shield and our lack of mobility has yet to be addressed.

Get 4 pieces of the pvp set and you get 4 seconds of free movement every time you shield yourself.
    The long cooldown is not something "to consider" because it only protects Pain Suppression; this change is awesome for when you truly need the dmg reduction, but I personally liked having dispel resistance on all my other buffs when it was up.

However, I do agree that our PW:S need a little dispel protection because of the buff it gets - it is now more vital than ever that we get the absorb from it we want!

No, I'm not on the PTR, go there yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 03:13 AM ----------

Just to add... I liked the 4 seconds of immunity on silence, interrupt and dispel effects after casting PW:S on ourselves a lot. But throw that away and our shields will be dispelled instantly. Give us around a 3 second guaranteed shielding and I'll be happy. Make the person who gets shielded immune to dispels for 2-5 seconds and I'll be happy as clam!

Quote Originally Posted by mikklas View Post
    Get 4 pieces of the pvp set and you get 4 seconds of free movement every time you shield yourself.
    The long cooldown is not something "to consider" because it only protects Pain Suppression; this change is awesome for when you truly need the dmg reduction, but I personally liked having dispel resistance on all my other buffs when it was up.

However, I do agree that our PW:S need a little dispel protection because of the buff it gets - it is now more vital than ever that we get the absorb from it we want!

No, I'm not on the PTR, go there yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 03:13 AM ----------

Just to add... I liked the 4 seconds of immunity on silence, interrupt and dispel effects after casting PW:S on ourselves a lot. But throw that away and our shields will be dispelled instantly. Give us around a 3 second guaranteed shielding and I'll be happy. Make the person who gets shielded immune to dispels for 2-5 seconds and I'll be happy as clam!
    Something I learned on my mage a long time ago was to ice barrier when damage is already coming, not when I'm pretty sure it's coming in 2 seconds. If you PW:S when big shit is in the air or two melee dudebros are smacking you, your shield will do most if not all of it's job before being dispelled. Just don't blanket dispellable things and they are much safer.

I'm not on PTR either, but I'd be interested in how high end pvp performance has changed as well if anyone has any experience yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    If you PW:S when big shit is in the air or two melee dudebros are smacking you, your shield will do most if not all of it's job before being dispelled. Just don't blanket dispellable things and they are much safer.
    i agree with this statement. the main reason we would dispel before hand was because of rouges and there stunlocking. which has since has died away. so only shield yourself once you have start taking dmg. i say this because bad players will be to busy trying to hit you rather than dispel you.