Poll: Should Blizzard Implement All Four Roles For All Three Hybrid Classes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You are using a different definition of hybrid than EVERYONE ELSE.
    Nope. Sorry but it was the ORIGINAL definition of a hybrid from Vanilla to Burning Crusade. It even said so on the old official site.

It wasn't until after Ghostcrawler took over that the definition of hybrid changed from play style to roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaminío View Post
    going to refer to my other reply: Boomkins dont have any healing talents, where a paly ranged / healer would have.
    Now i am going to bed.
    night peeps.
    The point is that Feral Druids have talents that improve both DPS and Tanking ability, and they make it work. My proposed idea is really no different.
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    Most...sane...people use DPS, Tank, Healer as the class roles. You're using two ridiculous extremes.
    And what's wrong with that? You're nit-picking something that doesn't even matter; his suggestion here is that THESE hybrids should be MORE hybrid because they've been tantalized with parts of these mythical missing hybrid specs for a while now, and that these mysterious and sometimes oddball specs should be completed and allowed to become reality. If that makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Vermiliel Mauritius Dawnguardian View Post
    It'd be similar to the divide between Elemental and Restoration Shaman. It can be done without breaking the system.
    The problem there is it would be too easy for this ranged dps holy pala to switch over and do fairly effective offhealing. Sure an ele shaman or a balance druid can do a little offhealing, but it would be pretty crap and they'd run out of mana fairly quick. The holy pala dps wouldn't have that issue. You ust couldn't balance it properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merrily hop-skips away.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKidding View Post
    Nope. Sorry but it was the ORIGINAL definition of a hybrid from Vanilla to Burning Crusade. It even said so on the old official site.

It wasn't until after Ghostcrawler took over that the definition of hybrid changed from play style to roles.
    Last time I checked we were playing Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    And what's wrong with that? You're nit-picking something that doesn't even matter; his suggestion here is that THESE hybrids should be MORE hybrid because they've been tantalized with parts of these mythical missing hybrid specs for a while now, and that these mysterious and sometimes oddball specs should be completed and allowed to become reality. If that makes more sense.
    I'm not saying I don't want shaman tanks. I think that would be badass. I'm saying that his definition of hybrid is completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    He is suggesting that the classes that already have the most options be given even more options and FUCK EVERYONE ELSE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    Great idea, we could also eat, breath and hear with our bottoms, since it's so lame to have 4 different holes.
    sea cucumbers DO have a pretty good lot in life...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Last time I checked we were playing Cataclysm.
    Who cares, it was still stupid that Priest, Warriors and DKs got added to the hybrid umbrella during the Wrath era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaminío View Post
    That would require a fourth spec. Somehow I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    No it wouldn't. Imagine if Enh had tanking talents(in vanilla we WERE meant to be able to tank) ala druids and feral while holy pallies had ranged dps followinga similar design. In short make our talent trees split slightly could be quite fun actually. For instance make it so enh has atalent that improves our armor def and crit res with shields. Actualy i think we did have something like that at one point. Make it so holy pallies get special ranged spells and or their existing spells get augmented like maybe make some talents change certain spells to ranged.

And at the end of the trees a dual talent like fury warrios have. Could be done quite easily. Well other than balance and relatively speaking.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Druids will always be the only 4 spec class (any new class they add will be too much of a pain in the ass for Blizzard to be troubled with making 4 specs for). It's not like it's anything against other hybrid classes, it's just the way it is. I'm a balance Druid and I'm jealous of a lot of other non healer classes self-heals. I'm sure I get my ass dropped in PvE environments more than Rogues, Locks and Warriors do. If you get ganged up on by mobs while doing dailies for instance, you have this whole psychological debate going on. Yes I can pop barkskin, but that buys me only a few seconds. Then I either switch out of Moonkin form, spam heals (which are so miniscule now that it's even MORE debatable whether it's worth my time), till I can survive, and sacrifice my armor bonus, or stay Boomkin and pray to God I don't die.
    In other words, I think this is a bad idea. Each class is designed for certain purposes and even pure dps classes have plenty of advantages in PvE AND PvP environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Hobo View Post
    The problem there is it would be too easy for this ranged dps holy pala to switch over and do fairly effective offhealing. Sure an ele shaman or a balance druid can do a little offhealing, but it would be pretty crap and they'd run out of mana fairly quick. The holy pala dps wouldn't have that issue. You ust couldn't balance it properly.
    You COULD balance it properly by requiring different gear. Add some spell plate with Hit on it and make the Holy talent that treats Spirit as Hit only apply to Judgement. There's your mana efficiency problem solved right there.
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

15+ Year Old Account
    And I'll do play Guild Wars 2, where roles simply don't exist

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs should be able to heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Hobo View Post
    The problem there is it would be too easy for this ranged dps holy pala to switch over and do fairly effective offhealing.
    Are you going to start complaining about shadow priests now?

Quote Originally Posted by JustKidding View Post
    Who cares, it was still stupid that Priest, Warriors and DKs got added to the hybrid umbrella during the Wrath era.
    It was stupid that in vanilla and TBC that being a hybrid meant you could fill multiple roles but suck spectacularly at them compared to pures.

People are missing an important point. With more classes able to tank, the ridiculous instance queues might go down a bit.

I wouldn't be opposed to shaman tanks and shockadins. Then again I don't play pvp like at all anymore and I'm sure the pvp balancing would be a nightmare(especially shockadins). For shockadins maybe throw in a talent that increases spell damage while severely decreasing healing abilities?
    Last edited by ohnobees; 2011-01-15 at 12:51 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, putting a dps spec inside a healing spec is a one way ticket to an the most OP class in the game. Bad idea.

Yeah! Our hybrid classes should use alternate fuel sources! You people are polluting Azeroth! You're worse than the Burning Legion itself! We need our mages to figure other means to fuel their needs. Look at the Hunters! They switched, and they're doing fine! You people need to think what you're doing before all of Northrend melts. The next Cataclysm is upon us! Act before it's too late! (Quick question..... Since the water levels rose, as they did in Wetlands and stuff, why didn't water levels rise in Northrend? 0.o)

And as for my answer to your question. Paladins should never be caster dps. Shamans.... Would be pretty bad ass tanks, but..... I think it's fine the way it is..... (Paladins don't deserve Casters....)