Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

My Perfect UI... what does it need?

http://i.imgur.com/MHhxm.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB7UurDeh4

the youtube video is the newest update

this is my UI so far. I am currently leveling my pala to become healer in 85. most likely gonna pvp, but not sure.
    other than that what does you think it need or just some good suggestions. If requested I will make a complete list of addons but so far I know I written with red text on all that are visual right now.
    Last edited by mmoc8c815007e9; 2011-01-15 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Picture just won't work

Deleted
    sexy minimap.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chatter still works, rejoice and redownload!

Can't load image

try to make a theme (like a color throughout the ui).

u can change the looks of recount,

get a buff, chat, nd minimap addon

nd you can prolly simplify the uf's a little, you don't need much info on your own, u know ur char's name, race, class, etc :P

But it looks nice though.
    Last edited by Sappy; 2011-01-15 at 12:30 AM.
    The Ocean Tastes Salty Cause Everyone Peess In It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    Dear Blizzard,

* * Please nerf Rock. But Paper is ok.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -Scissors

Deleted
    done now I won't try to fix it anymore. there is just a link that is working now

Prat for your chat mod.

Deleted
    any suggestions for a addon to keep track of buffs ?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post

made a link to the picture insteed of HUGE picture

this is my UI so far. I am currently leveling my pala to become healer in 85. most likely gonna pvp, but not sure.
    other than that what does you think it need or just some good suggestions. If requested I will make a complete list of addons but so far I know I written with red text on all that are visual right now.
    All these are my personal preferences but i'd get the following:

Sexy Map
    Raven (buff Mod)
    ArcHUD (HUD mod)
    Tattoo or kgPanels or Sunn - Viewport Art (creates custom screen borders)
    Minimap Button Frame
    Prat (Chat mod)
    MikScrollingBattleText

Those alone would do wonders to your UI. As far as the panels go, i can't live without them since they provide a nice dark and constant background so i can read my chat without issue.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Pitbull looks nice and all, but I feel like it might get a bit crowded after a while, especially if you have a large group in Grid. It could easily overwhelm your screen. I'd suggest maybe finding another way to display the information you need, like a HUD addon.
    I personally use IceHUD, and I have the casting bar showing up there, as well as my health and mana, but you can also add target and target-of-target information. Won't be as shiny, but won't nearly be as cluttered. Also, I can't tell if you have one, but a scrolling text addon is always nice. This is roughly how my UI looks, for an example of how I like it:

This was before I started using IceHUD.

This is my UI with IceHUD with all the bells and whistles, including cooldown tracking and JOTP uptime. I don't use Target or Target of Target via IceHUD, although it is possible, and there are certainly different skins if you don't like the faded look of mine.

Edit: Someone else just suggested ArcHUD, and IceHUD has a look that imitates it, but unless it's been updated recently sometimes ArcHUD can slow down your system dramatically. That's what prompted me to try IceHUD in the first place. IceHUD is extremely, obscenely configurable.

satrina buff frames
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Nothing Special :

Enemy cast bar above my Auras, Buffs and important cooldown timers above SexyMap, Minimap button frame dropdown menu in the corner, During combat that changes to show Omen. Healbot is in sleep, depending on what I'm doing depends where it's located. Recount is transparent right now will record data during combat though.
    If im doing something big like TB i have a profile to remove my Bartender action bars and healbot will slot in down the bottom. Like to keep it pretty simple and clean so i can see what is actually going on in my game.

(Might be to big has chopped off the right side of my screen :P)

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    any suggestions for a addon to keep track of buffs ?
    SBF, Satrinas Buff Frames. Learn it, live it, love it.

Plate armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Deleted
    @eternalwhitemoon

I am using Grid for only solo -arena and 5 man dungeons / groups as soon as I enter Raids battleground, anything with large amount of ppl Grid dissables and the deffault wow raid frames takes over sitting in the left side of the screen.

I now installed both chatter and sexymap( map moved down on the right side of Recount

I am also having Mik's scrolling combat text installed. a little pushed to the sides and scroll in a straith line insteed of that swoozy to the side thing it does by deffault

as goes for "huds" in general I never really been happy for them as I think they get a little in the way :P

@Venomizer downloaded raven but haven't set it up yet as it looks like ir needs alot of configuration before it is as I like it

@Sappy I like your idea with a "colour Theme" any good suggestions as my immagination on pretty stuff is the same as a rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
    SBF, Satrinas Buff Frames. Learn it, live it, love it.
    Except the author just abandoned it recently.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Except the author just abandoned it recently.
    The author is looking for someone to take over, so only time will tell.
    Personally I have switched over to Raven recently for that reason, but should SBF get a new author and the much needed overhaul then I will take another look at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    satrina buff frames
    SBF is not being supported for now. The author states that it might be taken over by someone else. Anyway, I'm using Raven

Or if ur lazy u can just dl tukui nd u have the sexiest & most minimal ui imo xD
    The Ocean Tastes Salty Cause Everyone Peess In It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    Dear Blizzard,

* * Please nerf Rock. But Paper is ok.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -Scissors

TukUI or any other premade for that matter will always be a compromise, what someone else thinks will suit your role and you as a player.
    Putting your own together, and coming to a forum here for advice is a brave decision, but will result ultimately in a UI which may not look as pretty, but will function to suit you as a player and therefore likely you will play better with it.