Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Genesis Or Furor

As the title says which one should i choose ? atm im rocking an 8/2/31 which is awesome but with the up coming buff to WG i was thinking maybe i could get some real throughput here, without sacrificing too much

Genesis Spec (10/0/31):

http://wowtal.com/#k=g5kt1tLca.aei.druid.

Furor Spec (8/2/31):

http://wowtal.com/#k=g_NPee05D.aei.druid.

so what do you guys think? or even some variations on those, and no im not changing the 31 resto tree, i dont hardly ever use regrowth and swift rejuv is a waste while i have haste and a high mana cost on rejuv

Deleted
    First haste doesbt come close the reduce the GC on rejuv atm you need alot for it some much it's impossible to get atm also regrowth should always be used along lifebloom in tree of life, you might have missed that they lowered the cost of rejuv in the next patch and last the natures Bounty get's your Nourish of faster with rejuv up!

Quote Originally Posted by Zubba View Post
    First haste doesbt come close the reduce the GC on rejuv atm you need alot for it some much it's impossible to get atm also regrowth should always be used along lifebloom in tree of life, you might have missed that they lowered the cost of rejuv in the next patch and last the natures Bounty get's your Nourish of faster with rejuv up!
    You kinda didnt answer the question furor or genesis. I have been thinking about it a lot and im no closer to an answer. I'm thinking keep furor 10% mana is a lot, but 6% to all hots is also a decent buff. Espicially with more rejuvs and wild growths going on top of our already powerfull rolling double lifebloom.

It is a difference between mana generation, or throughput. Each point of furor is 5% of 2% per 12 seconds of mana regen. In other words, each point you place in furor gives you .1% extra mana per 12 seconds due to revitalize, in addition to the mana pool bonus.. Genesis speaks for itself, 6% to all hots and swiftmend. With the upcoming buffs to hots, I would roll genesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I would says 3/3 Genesis 2/3 furor. Moonglow is good, but with better gear your fine. More output imo is better on later item lvl gear.

Also, I don't get your spec's you posted. Why get naturalist and then not get natures bounty? Why get Empowered touch and gift of the earthmother?

Those talents to me, seem to be an all or nothing.

Deleted
    I'm thinking of going with: http://wowtal.com/#k=gCNPYYSp.aei.druid.
    Do I get this right: BotG 2 points = genesis 2 points, but genesis also buffs lifebloom wg and sm?
    Atm I have furor 3/3 and in the balance tree I only have the crit talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be running out of mana or even getting close as a Druid, so I'd call Furor the lame duck here, and go with Genesis. I'd also consider dropping a point in Moonglow and grabbing the third in Genesis.

I'm in a similar situation where I just got to the point where OoM isn't causing wipes in heroics (with reasonable groups) and I'm considering dropping 2/3 furor for 2/3 genesis.

I'll respec when the patch comes out since they don't seem to be done playing with things quite yet and we may see some more changes.

What I've decided to do for now is collect gear with and without spirit, and I'll swap gear around based on the group, encounter, and how my mana is holding up.

I run with genesis already, at patch I'll be dropping my 2 in furor and 1 from efflorescence to get natures bounty again.
    Possible i may drop other 2 Efflor points for blessing of the grove after patch, will do a couple raids and parse my number return, running with priest/shaman i think i can go without.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjoe242 View Post
    Also, I don't get your spec's you posted. Why get naturalist and then not get natures bounty? Why get Empowered touch and gift of the earthmother?
    because I dont use regrowth? its a massive waste of mana, ooc procs are used on HT which im specced into. The drop off effect of lb is good if your incapped and cant heal the tank, im not stupid, plus i need enough points to get to tree without them.

OT: thanks for the help guys, i'll be switching to genesis as soon as patch day comes

In heroics, you want to go for as much throughput as you can. In raids, however, mana regeneration is more important.

So the answer is pretty obvious - Furor for raids and Genesis for heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    As said, it 100% depends on what you're doing and no one can really answer this until you do.

5s, 10s, 25s?
    Regs or HMs?
    What's your gear like?
    Who do you heal with?
    What is your assignment most of the time?

Right now, there are tons of specs you can be and it ALL depends on those questions.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly yea, for druid healing gear with respect to mastery or crit, and spec with reguard to tank or raid healing and content with reguard to 10 or 25mans will dictate how you should gear your character to the extent that you can not just pose a question without giving a scenario that will help understand what you are going to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    because I dont use regrowth? its a massive waste of mana, ooc procs are used on HT which im specced into. The drop off effect of lb is good if your incapped and cant heal the tank, im not stupid, plus i need enough points to get to tree without them.

OT: thanks for the help guys, i'll be switching to genesis as soon as patch day comes
    You say that but if you read your original post it is predicated on what will be at the next patch, and at that point regrowth will be less useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    As said, it 100% depends on what you're doing and no one can really answer this until you do.

5s, 10s, 25s?
    Regs or HMs?
    What's your gear like?
    Who do you heal with?
    What is your assignment most of the time?

Right now, there are tons of specs you can be and it ALL depends on those questions.
    tank healer 10 man sorry i should have specified that

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo View Post
    Honestly yea, for druid healing gear with respect to mastery or crit, and spec with reguard to tank or raid healing and content with reguard to 10 or 25mans will dictate how you should gear your character to the extent that you can not just pose a question without giving a scenario that will help understand what you are going to be doing.

You say that but if you read your original post it is predicated on what will be at the next patch, and at that point regrowth will be less useless.
    regrowth will stil lbe useless imo, refreshing lb can be done with lb at virtually no cost or with a nourish/healing touch

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for 10m tank healing it's really up to how you play. Do you run oom? Can you help throw a WG/efflor/RJ here and there during AoE phases, keep your tank alive, and have enough mana to end a fight?

If so your genesis spec can definitely work. Furor buffs innervate, replenish, and revitalize. Loosing those points may hit you a lot harder than you think, but you would just have to test it. Having the extra healing on LB, SM, and RJ will help you tank healing and when you have to break off to help aoe heal, but you really have to judge if you have the regen/mana to drop furor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myrrar, you should just post your spec to show how awesome yours is :P

10+ Year Old Account
    How awesome a spec is fully, least for endgame raiders, depends on the boss you are progressing on, because it will drastically change with each one.

But......right now my spec is http://wowtal.com/#k=gsuax19P2.a8t.druid. for tank healing. I only do 25s, not 10s, which I would change it for 10s.

If my math is correct, assuming about 120k mana raid buffed w/ 2/3 Furor, the 2 pts are worth about 140 mp5 from Revitalize and Replenishment, and an additional 67 mp5 from Innervate assuming you use it on yourself every CD. Keep in mind these are rough values but should be fairly accurate unless there is some other factor I missed completley, if I did someone feel free to mock and correct me.

Deleted
    hmmm 140 isnt that bad, i'll run gen, and if im ooming i'll go back.

spirit wise, how much is 140mp5 in spirit?

and why does everyone love natures bounty so much?

sorry for bumping this thread (again)

Deleted
    Ill be running like this when 4.06 hits:
    http://wowtal.com/#k=gj-_bSy9W.aei.druid.

Dont need furor anymore and Nature's Bounty + Nourish still sucks imo.
    Last edited by mmoc9733a50d2c; 2011-01-18 at 11:10 AM.