Poll: what will you do?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Like most people say i would rather die

philosophical tiem What is one life compared to the masses?
    Hi Sephurik

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since I do have 10 minutes I'll use my incredible thinking skills to devise a plan to save me and earth with only 1 second on the clock thingy! They'll make movies about me and Ill be rich! :P
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

How long do I have to revel in the downfall of humanity?

---------- Post added 2011-01-16 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post
    Sure i would :P
    for a start i dont think dieing is a big deal, also you will be saving all your friends and family.

not to mention your name will go down in history as "the guy who saved the earth"
    Human history is important! It must be preserved for... for.... um....

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had my music with me, I'd let the planet die.

My life against the lives of billions? Pretty simple choice.

If you wanted to create a harder (albeit cliche) moral conflict, have a person decide between killing someone else and saving the planet.

Save the world. One life do not outweight all humans.

Whats the conflict, humans are as valuable as bacteria. It would be more humane to just let us all die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Whats the conflict, humans are as valuable as bacteria. It would be more humane to just let us all die.
    Your stark cynicism and dark outlook on the human race is new and refreshing. Please tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by zael View Post
    Your stark cynicism and dark outlook on the human race is new and refreshing. Please tell us more.
    Prove humans have any value, without using a human created frame of reference. I thought my views on the importance of bacteria were more interesting.

Why dont you start with yourself then?
    No, im not trolling or flaming. But if you think it would be better if all people died then why do you still cling to your life?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Prove humans have any value, without using a human created frame of reference. I thought my views on the importance of bacteria were more interesting.
    If you're trying to lead in to some "speck of dust" monologue about how insignificant humans are in comparison to the universe, just stop. I don't think there's a single person who believes their life will have some lasting impression on the cosmos as a whole. The universe is so vast and encompassing that trying to perceive it is a task that's boggled minds for centuries. All we have are our own frames of reference. Trying to dismiss those would be like trying to argue the finer points of particle physics without so much as a high school diploma.

Still, disregarding all the accomplishments that men and women have achieved in a universally small period of time, our race, of all the living things we've encountered have the most potential to some day achieve that universally significant threshold. Will it ever happen? I wouldn't think so, but we're certainly leagues ahead of the Insectoids.

Saying that humanity is a scourge and should be put down for our own good is foolish and a poor reference on your frame of mind. It's similar in function to executing a pup because they chewed your shoes. Yeah, they misbehaved and made some mistakes. They might even grow up to maul someone. They might grow up to be Lassie or the Littlest Hobo, too.

Humanity is still very young. Give us time.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Why dont you start with yourself then?
    No, im not trolling or flaming. But if you think it would be better if all people died then why do you still cling to your life?
    You first, Ill go right after, pinky swear. First Ill wipe out bacteria, which would wipe out humans as a net result.

---------- Post added 2011-01-16 at 04:42 PM ----------

I believe that self awareness is a disease, just to clarify.
    Last edited by Nexxia; 2011-01-16 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Dont forget about the animals you save!

But what you must ask is, once you are dead, will humanity even exist anymore? Is it just a figmant of your imagination? A dream? Is the universe centred around yourself? You would not live to see if what you did was successfull. Humanity may not know of your "heroic deed". Maybe, for the sake of planet earth, its best for you to run off.

You first, Im right behind you. Pinky swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Painal View Post
    But what you must ask is, once you are dead, will humanity even exist anymore? Is it just a figmant of your imagination? A dream? Is the universe centred around yourself? You would not live to see if what you did was successfull. Humanity may not know of your "heroic deed". Maybe, for the sake of planet earth, its best for you to run off.
    This sort of possibility has haunted me ever since Wilson from Home Improvement expressed his darkest fear to Tim; that we are all characters in a dream and that one day the dreamer will wake.

Deleted
    killing yourself cant ever be good.
    even if its for something like this

Deleted
    Die or be incredibly sad and lonely?
    It's odd you asked that as it is constantly on my mind irl as well :P

Deleted
    i would sit and watch tbh:P would love to watch the ppl i dislike die