Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I guess this change will make fel armor the same in PvE but weaker in pvp

as in PvP you move around alot without doing direct damage spells , but in PvE you will be doing direct damage spells at least 70% of encounter ...

I like this change tbh , I imagine at BL I can be fully healed in a materr of secs with my instant cast nukes which gonna be way to helpful in fights like Chaimerion or Ascendant Council

it clearly says all single target damage, btw. the same thing vampiric embrace says. so it will most certainly count off of dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    We haven't seen it work yet. And besides, perhaps 3% of damage, with enough int, will be MORE than the passive regen of what's happening now.
    As a shadowpriest that is currently doing comparable damage to the warlocks I raid with (I outgear them mostly), I can tell you that Vampiric Embrace healing is substantially less than live Fel Armor. It may not affect you noticeably in pve but you'll definitely feel it in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post
    I think I like that much more than the live equivalent actually. Even if it comes out to be very similar, or even less healing, it seems like a much cooler and more fun mechanic.

Quick numbers:
    10k dps = 300 HPS

Using the live fel armor:
    100k hp = 2000 hp/5, or 400 HPS
    How much would 10kdps = 300 HPS with Demonic Aegis increases the healing effect of Fel Armor by 100%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    As a shadowpriest that is currently doing comparable damage to the warlocks I raid with (I outgear them mostly), I can tell you that Vampiric Embrace healing is substantially less than live Fel Armor. It may not affect you noticeably in pve but you'll definitely feel it in pvp.
    Is that the 15% self heal or the 3% group heal?

If it's the 3%, maybe counting in the 5% pure bonus (or non-tax, even though it's probably not showing anymore ) it might get higher.

If it's the 15% is lower than Fel Armor... And it's being changed to 3%... Gods help us all *gulp*

Single target damage =/ Direct Damage. For those saying/thinking it's only incinerate and such.

Is that the 15% self heal or the 3% group heal?

If it's the 3%, maybe counting in the 5% pure bonus (or non-tax, even though it's probably not showing anymore ) it might get higher.

If it's the 15% is lower than Fel Armor... And it's being changed to 3%... Gods help us all *gulp*
    The self heal is 6%, and that is what I was referring to. Talented, Fel Armor will be 6% as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    Single target damage =/ Direct Damage. For those saying/thinking it's only incinerate and such.
    True, and we have several burst methods (BoD, Soul Fire, rapid SoCs) that can cause huge damage, which Shadow Priests don't have equivalents of. We might turn out better with the changes in burst.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    The self heal is 6%, and that is what I was referring to. Talented, Fel Armor will be 6% as well.
    Thanks, just making sure. Didn't know it was up to 6%, WoWWiki must be outdated .

Will be exactly like VE, which is hardly noticeable in pvp. No more locks competing on pvp healing meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    Since when are you doing 10k dps in PVP? Especially in arenas, not battlegrounds...
    Clearly you never played a Shadow Priest or can do simple math... Vampiric Embrace, aka the new Fel Armor design, is... more? Yeah, I think "more" is the word... more than useless... Even the basic health regeneration (0.5% total health every sec ? not sure, don't remember exactly) every character has is better than this... This change is CRAP, I don't want to be rude or stuff but stop saying it's a "zomg good thing" because it's not! Start thinking a bit... The current Fel Armor on live, especially talented is 10000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than this... Stop posting it's a good change and should go live because it will! Blizzard will take your nonesenses for real and stick with this change...
    Dude no1 liked getting nerfed, be happy with this over 10% more mana. If it does get changed to this i will not be upset at all. And in PVE actually this talented fel armor is better than the old. As for PvP blizz obviously wanted to tone down our passive healing a bit. As i said its not a big loss just be thankful its this over 10% mana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    I usually don't log, I just read, but this time I had to because... I don't even...
    Sometimes I'm wondering what game some of you play... because it's not World of Warcraft for sure...

Ever heard of Vampiric Embrace?
    Again, Vampiric Embrace?!

Since when are you doing 10k dps in PVP? Especially in arenas, not battlegrounds...
    Clearly you never played a Shadow Priest or can do simple math... Vampiric Embrace, aka the new Fel Armor design, is... more? Yeah, I think "more" is the word... more than useless... Even the basic health regeneration (0.5% total health every sec ? not sure, don't remember exactly) every character has is better than this... This change is CRAP, I don't want to be rude or stuff but stop saying it's a "zomg good thing" because it's not! Start thinking a bit... The current Fel Armor on live, especially talented is 10000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than this... Stop posting it's a good change and should go live because it will! Blizzard will take your nonesenses for real and stick with this change...
    sounds liek you dont know much about locks @ all. current live is fine but the new PTR one is a 10000 times better than live? 4% hps (talented) will never be as good as this why? think about it. warlock =/= tank. in end game content what will scale more your health or your damage....obviously the latter. by the time we are in t12 or t13 our your hp will scale slower than your damage so in end game content your healing and survivability will be signifincaly better. yea its a bit lower now cuz your damage cuz u are sitting in blues. this is a good move on blizzard that will help our healing scale better and tidier than just being based of your health.

on a pvp side of it lock healing is overpowered atm and this is a good balance cuz i dont think i should live draining life and coruption spamming while 3 ppl are beating on me. i am a clothie not a tank

Hmmm really nice change. Now we got 6% healing from direct spell dmg plus 4% hp healing from Soul leech.

Deleted
    Let's not let this thread become a troll-feeding ground.

Also, not sure if anyone thought of it yet, does anyone know if Drain Life will be affected, so we can "double-dip" if needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroviruz View Post
    I'm not sure about it.. "3% of any single-target spell damage", which pretty much excludes all the dots. Now ask yourself how many single-target spells are you actually using in PVP (unless you are destro)? I fear this is not a very useful change for affliction warlocks, but certainly better than nothing.
    Fel Armor in PvP? As Aff? When did that happen?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering what this just replaced on the ptr i'm much happier. Yes, its not as good for pvp, BUT its better then what they were going to give us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Fel Armor in PvP? As Aff? When did that happen?
    Presumably, because of the healing you already get, the spellpower bonus was too good to pass down. Just a guess.

Let's not let this thread become a troll-feeding ground.

Also, not sure if anyone thought of it yet, does anyone know if Drain Life will be affected, so we can "double-dip" if needed?
    I wouldn't really consider drain life working with this as a double dip, but merely working as intended for both spells.

in spite of the similarity to VE, i'm gonna say that this change is good. Sure, it's less healing yadda yadda but our options were no healing, passive healing, or mana regen.

1. no healing is kinda harsh, though we have a nice out of combat heal, drain life, health stone, that little extra health form the DoT was always nice to be able to count on in a pinch.

2. passive healing is always nice, though a bit boring. and i guess could be seen as OP if you wanna go down that road.

3. mana regen? we have life tap for that.

and speaking of life tap, that is why it seems to me that having a health regen ability is a better idea over a mana regen ability. in PVP sure, it is a minimal contribution, but it's still better than a poke in the eye, and in PVE it seems enough to cover any Life Tap cause health loss on a fight where the healers can't afford to spamming you all the time. just seems a bit more ... cannon i guess.

(thats just my take on it though, for anyone who wants to hear a casualcrafter moan about it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rasmil View Post
    I wouldn't really consider drain life working with this as a double dip, but merely working as intended for both spells.
    I meant that DL would drain and the damage it causes would heal you with Fel Armor, not that it'd be a bug or anything. Still, with any luck, it'll improve the chances of PvP survival.

I meant that DL would drain and the damage it causes would heal you with Fel Armor, not that it'd be a bug or anything. Still, with any luck, it'll improve the chances of PvP survival.

Yeah, exactly what I meant. I wouldn't consider that to be exploitive double dipping. But if it's the same values of ve, the amount heals gained thru fel armor from drain life will be very small.