Frost mages in pve

So blizzard has been raveling for over a year now about how they want frost to be competitive in pve right? In this new patch they even go ahead and state that they "dont want to bring the dps frost does in pve down" so what do they do, nerf deep freeze damage by 20%, a strict pve nerf. Considering frost is already like 50% under all other specs and classes how can this be justified?

"50% below other classes and spec"

I lol'd

Obviously this guy has never played frost. Frost could use a slight buff, but it's doing alright right now.

It's not doing alright when there are moonkins beating us by 4k dps.

Yea maybe 50% was going overboard but cmon, you can't be serious with frost being up there with the others on the dps?

dosen't need to be up their with the rest

and it wont be up there with the rest

if you think that all dps should be doing the exact same thing then just gtfo it won't ever happen

Frost is fine however, plenty competitive.

IMHO frost is doing very well at the moment. Much better than it has ever done. In my group alone we have had several 20k parses from frost mages and mind you, this is coupled with a HUGE amount of survivability as well as replenishment and ridiculous add control. While a nerf is questionable, I'm sure frost mages will still find their place - at the very least for progression fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a caster heavy group and I managed to hit almost 18k in BH10 last week with a ilvl346. It's not up with the big boys, but it's not bad by any means. A slight buff would be okay, but I think that Blizz is bringing down the OP classes instead of overly buffing the ones that are a little behind.

I know fire does more, but I can't seem to match my Frost DPS with Fire. :\
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sses-and-Specs
    This gives a pretty good average dps of each class and spec, notice frost in 16th position. All mage specs are behind in Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sses-and-Specs
    This gives a pretty good average dps of each class and spec, notice frost in 16th position. All mage specs are behind in Cata.
    Considering that SV, Locks and Unholy(?) gets some pve nerfs while Fire is buffed slightly i could se fire being in at least top 3, ofc thats not counting buffs to other classes. Dosnt Fury, Combat, Ret and MM get some?
    The issue with the patch is, imo, that frost appereantly got a small nerf, Arc a too small buff - which puts Mages in a trivial situation; Fire for pve, Frost for pvp and Arcane as non viable in either.