Page 1 of 3
LastLast

how "easy" is Throne of Four Winds?

Hello. I've been reading on what raids/bosses to be starting with for my guild. We just started raiding this week and downed Omnitron/Magmaw in BWD. I watched videos of the Conclave of Wind, and it seems like there's a lot of coordination. How much could one compare the coordination of say Omnitron, to Conclave of Wind?

The entire fight is rather easy if you have the coordination down. Much as Magmaw is a "gear check," Conclave is a "coordination check"
    Obviously this is not a perfect description of either fight but you get the idea. Compared to Omnitron it requires each raider to know the entire raid's strat much more soundly, instead of just reacting to a bossmod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

The first boss of Throne is actually very easy. I barely know what's going on to be honest, but it seems like one of the bosses is range tanked with one healer and the dps move back and forth between the other two or something. We beat it within the hour our first time and continue to one shot it every week.

Al'akir, however, had a steep learning curve... I don't want to talk about it. :'(
    Last edited by Pascal; 2011-01-15 at 06:04 AM. Reason: derp words

I agree with Ciah. Conclave is really a good tool to use to see if your guild's communication skills, and intelligence is where it needs to be. Nothing in the fight is terribly hard, but there are alot of moving parts. If one of the small things isnt done correctly (like always having at least 1 person on each platform) then its usually an unsalvageable wipe. This also checks the versatility of your guilds classes. A good comp is needed to down this fight, whereas some fight in wrath were simply grab 10/25 people, make sure a few are heals/tanks and gg.

On a side note, i really enjoy this fight alot. I think the in-depthness of it all is very interesting. I also spent about 30 mins the first time I went in just jumping on the lifts and off the sides lol.

We one shot the fight. All we knew was we need two people on ranged tank guy. And the people on frost had to transfer over when they did their super. It was actually stupid easy.

Honestly, given a reasonable raid comp just have all 10/25 people watch the same guide video and odds are you will get it down in a few tries. The stories of people 1shotting it with little prior knowledge are not surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

I guess the problem will be finding a good composition. My guild is relatively small and we don't have a great diversity in classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not too bad. It may take a few attempts to get the right people in the right places.

That being said the loot isn't great.

From what I have seen conclave isn't too bad even if you have a few mess up. I went in my first time barely knowing the fight and managed to survive the entire thing. Al'akir on the other hand is still a pain. My guild just downed him for the first time on 25 this week.

On a side note, Ciah, what server do you play on? I used to have someone in my guild by that name and you sound kinda similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Al'akir, however, had a steep learning curve... I don't want to talk about it. :'(
    I know of your pain sir. Stupid Wind Blast and Tornadoes coming at me at the exact same time. What do I do??? I know, I jump out, to avoid damage..... I come back and get hit by a freaking chain lighting....

Hate that stupid RNG fight. Phase 1 FTL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    Stupid Wind Blast and Tornadoes coming at me at the exact same time. What do I do??? I know, I jump out, to avoid damage..... I come back and get hit by a freaking chain lighting....
    You can avoid situations like these by running diagonal. You should have enough time to get back to your original position before the lightning is cast.

Deleted
    The amount of times I've had windblast chainlightning and blizzard on me while dodging a tornado and just getting 1 shot is huge.
    Hate that fight, Al'akir is pretty easy on 10man though. Killed it in 10 tries or something.

Deleted
    Its very very very very easy. We 0.5 shot the fight. And if you can't do it in your first try. you should cancel your subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done Conclave and for me (melee DPS) it was pretty simple actually, yes it's alot of moving around and so but personally it's a awesome and one of the funniest fights I've done ^^

Just have people move from the blast and all the shit and it's a breeze!
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Deleted
    I as a Holy Priest found this as the most fun fight so far (solo healed Rohash) and to answer your question I think you can compare the fight to magmaw as a less damage output fight but more coordination as a lot of people mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    lmao, i feel your pain... Try healing it T_T

took my guild ~20 attempts? the first time.... sigh :P

Deleted
    Think of Conclave as trash.

Conclave is quite easy. place two people @ Rohash one high dps and one "bad" healer, then never think of that platform ever again..
    then just put your focus on the two other platforms and suddenly there is a lot less to worry about

10+ Year Old Account
    The usual progression is something like Magmaw, ODS, Halfus, Dragons, Conclave>etc

So Conclave shouldn't be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    Conclave is quite easy. place two people @ Rohash one high dps and one "bad" healer, then never think of that platform ever again..
    then just put your focus on the two other platforms and suddenly there is a lot less to worry about
    Why would you wanna have two people at Rohash? When the other dpsers are done at the other platforms they simply jump over fast and nuke the boss down, having more people there not only reduces the speed wich you can bring down the other bosses but also your healer has two heal two persons instead of one after each of the ultimate abillities and the chance a person will be hit by a blasting wind is increased by twice the normal amount. Why would you want this?