Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    All this "new WoW" crap I keep seeing is fucking hilarious. I don't know if people truly believe that there is some imaginary "pedestal" that people think that the top dog MMO sits on, or if its just a metaphor for WoW nerds to use to show how "amazing" their game is, regardless of what people believe it is, its true form is ignorance and stupidity at best.

MMO's go in cycles or phases, and WoW has had a decent run so far. First it was Ultima Online, then (I believe) Everquest had a good run, before Starwars Galaxies was either a decent contender to MMO's, or even on the same level of popularity as Everquest. Now? The new entry on the cycle is WoW, and WoW has done more things right, than wrong. WoW is a dangling hook three-fold. It is a great MMO that many haven't experienced before, with a company that isn't retarded when it comes to business practices like Sony is, and the way it plays, is like bait on the dangling hook for some of the "fish" in the games community.

Point is, WoW is both really good, and almost really bad at the same time, but no one has gone to the next phase in the MMO cycle because all the MMO's have been sub-par, or rushed in hopes of "contending" with this supposed MMO giant, and almost everyone in the WoW community will sooner die before they admit another MMO is good, while a good chunk of the rest will curse and kick as they subtly move to a new MMO that has been released.

So please. Stop with all this bullshit about WoW being top dog right now, because the ONLY reason that has lasted as long as it is is due to the two things stated above. Really, did you honestly expect Aion or Age of Conan to do well? Both were either rushed, or offered very little in terms of mechanics, game play, or community.

WoW will, for a very long time, be played and enjoyed, regardless of what new big MMO comes out, thats why its a cycle. WoW will keep most of its fanboys and lovers, and some few stragglers, while the rest will move on in the cycle to the next MMO that is well polished, had time taken on it, and is very enjoyable at release.
    Amen, thank you finnaly someones agrees with me! /thread imo.

GUYZ TETRIS IS WAY WORSE THAN WOW LOLOLOLROFL

DC Universe is a completely different MMO than WoW..

Stop comparing it fucking kids...

Both are good in their own regards.

I Love(d) Wow, played it for 6 years extensively without any big complaints (Prot/Holydin since MC). I gave DC universe a try because I wanted a completely different MMO experience, and that game is great in that regard. The max level content is fun, the PVP is fun although a bit awkward imo (Didn't get used to it yet).

If you want a fun easy time with no real learning curve, go for WoW. Besides CC, PVP and some instances there is no real learning curve. You get enough time to do what you need to do.
    If you want a hectic, fast paced action MMO, go for DC universe. I am in a way atm where I play a lot of Dante's Inferno, Devil May Cry, Darksiders etc. And this game feels pretty close to that style.

It are 2 completely different MMO's.. again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing dcuo for a bit, quite entertaining... until you get to the point of needing a group to do the higher end stuff. People tend to ignore or not pay attention to the chat box.

It is pretty bug-filled right now, hope it'll get better. Combat is pretty button-masher.

Overall I'd say I like it, but it could definitely be better.

I like the solo instances, with decent bosses and a lil strategy to 'em.

I just wish there was a superhero mmo that rivaled WoW, combat/movement-wise anyway (I hate using the wsad-udlr keys to control movement instead of the mouse buttons).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Ickorus View Post
    Wait so the fans of that game didn't buy your story so you moved to the 'unbiased' fans of the game you're comparing it to, sounds to me like you just want people to agree with you.

Stop treating the game like WoW, it isn't.
    This. And lol, is your avatar a minecraft Creeper?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    This. And lol, is your avatar a minecraft Creeper?
    Why yes it is.

..They give me nightmares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'm having fun in DCU. I may get ganked by higher levels but its fun actually trying to quest around them and just ignore them. The questing system is nice since if multiple people are fighting for the same thing, everyone gets the credit IF you helped. I like the new fighting system, makes you feel more involved instead of "lulz auto attack/shot".

Don't get me wrong, I love WoW but I'm also enjoying DCU quite a bit. Can it be slightly boring at times? Ya, both WoW and DCU.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does any MMO that comes out have to be a "WoW Killer". None of the companies out there are aiming to kill a game. It is just another game that comes out and has a different setting/areas and quests. It is a game to enjoy. A game doesn't need to be a WoW Killer to be a good game. It is just a game, enjoy it!

It's like saying sports. Football is really big and a lot of people watch/play it. So is Curling, it's another sport. Curling isn't as big or more watched that football, but it's another sport. It isn't a football killer. It still exists and people play/watch and enjoy it.

If you say football and curling is totally different sport. Guess what, so is DC Universe Online and World of Warcraft, go figure.
    Last edited by Stixxz; 2011-01-18 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    posted this on the DC universe online site and they didnt like it but maybe a less biased group will accept.
    ...wat this isn't any less biased than the DC online site its just on the same spectrum as your argument

Deleted
    DCUO is a really good game, for gamers, who like games like that, yes, the Developers could have made a little more into PC playstyle, but try playing the game with a joypad for windows, you can get both PS3 and Xbox pads for ur PC no problem! go ahead and try it. it's not expensive, and it will improive your game by loads.,.

DCUO is the shit!
    300+ queue to Bloodstorm EU. :<
    Hi

My Opinion:

DCU Online in concept is pretty good. In a genre where people are screaming out for customisation it certainly pulled out the stops.
    But having played for pretty much the last 24 hours (on a trial) I can't say I'm going to switch. Or probably many others.

Like it's been stated before, it feels, handles and looks like a console port. I wonder what it would play like with a wireless pad?

I was looking for something completely different from WoW, and there are many features in DCUO I would love to see in WoW.
    But the whole game feels very much like all style and no substance.

At the rate I'm going at the moment I:
    a) Won't buy the game after the 10 day trial
    b) Need to buy the game as I'll already have a maxed level character (level cap is 30)

I must say I'm probably more disappointed at the fact there are only 3 hero mentors (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman). I was looking for maybe someone with a bit more depth then the squeeky clean poster boy for DC, the female vote and most peoples favourite/known DC character.

I personally wanted to be mentored by someone like Green Arrow. I just which they didn't go and give the best characters (in my opinion) bit parts.

The game has a LOT of room to grow into, but I'm a bit miffed at the start. Should have been some major appeal from the start.
    The back story was there after all......

(btw I'm on Darkest Night (PvE), EU if anyone wants to try find me. Same name....)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox View Post
    My Opinion:

DCU Online in concept is pretty good. In a genre where people are screaming out for customisation it certainly pulled out the stops.
    But having played for pretty much the last 24 hours (on a trial) I can't say I'm going to switch. Or probably many others.

Like it's been stated before, it feels, handles and looks like a console port. I wonder what it would play like with a wireless pad?

I was looking for something completely different from WoW, and there are many features in DCUO I would love to see in WoW.
    But the whole game feels very much like all style and no substance.

At the rate I'm going at the moment I:
    a) Won't buy the game after the 10 day trial
    b) Need to buy the game as I'll already have a maxed level character (level cap is 30)

I must say I'm probably more disappointed at the fact there are only 3 hero mentors (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman). I was looking for maybe someone with a bit more depth then the squeeky clean poster boy for DC, the female vote and most peoples favourite/known DC character.

I personally wanted to be mentored by someone like Green Arrow. I just which they didn't go and give the best characters (in my opinion) bit parts.

The game has a LOT of room to grow into, but I'm a bit miffed at the start. Should have been some major appeal from the start.
    The back story was there after all......

(btw I'm on Darkest Night (PvE), EU if anyone wants to try find me. Same name....)

World of Warcraft has set a precedent..I game that was made 8 years ago..And when people say stop comparing this with wow..How can you not... Great idea's are shared, stolen and copied...

So take everything away from wow only only leave that chat system...the most important part in any MMO, the ability to communicate with others, in many ways fast efficiently and easy..Also Adding interaction features so you can inspect, gesture, and thank with ease...

DC Online ignored this...

Well I'm level -30. Max level

And the game has little too offer now, and its kinda dull...The single ( as in you can either go on your own or in a group) story driven instances just get samey its some office block or a warehouse..

Then you meet the stupid Hero < heroes > that's be captured and you either help them or free then etc..

All the superheroes like batman etc are just dumb and we have to keep saving them....

Its taken me 4 days to max out and that's with a full time job..

The PVP queues can be anything from 8 minutes to 88 minutes--

there are only a few group instances and they are kinda boring, and not all that fun trying to play an MMO style game, with FPS view and controls, sometimes if feels like a Knife fight in a phone box...

You get de buff and buff I think but without the ability too mouse over anything they could be anything, I don't think anyone really knows

The chat system Stinks, sometimes I have to press enter like 20 times for it to open, and every time I start a chat I need to /shout - so all can read...

but most of the time its /say so kinda just give up..

The game from 1-30 for me has been more single player gaming..

I've joined many instance etc, no one ever speaks, I've tried starting some conversation but they just never get answered..

We have 3 class types like wow Tank, DPS and healer, I'm Tank,Dps, when i tank I have no real feel that I'm tanking as the mobs still run around I keep attacking and mostly 1st or 2nd on damaged sheet, so I must be pulling threat, even if that's a mechanic in the game.. no idea..so most people just spam attack..

But the game is wickedly fun to play very addictive, whilst levelling...but kinda gets dull quick..

With no trainer you just learn you new attack when you level, going off too someone and have to learn the attack would have been nice..

No professions or means of making cash, just killing mobs and doing quest for what I've seen, they could have implemented things to do on the side, most mmo have learning abilities making abilities, that take hours or days etc

The actually world is dead...its looks nice at first glance, but nothing happens apart from kill mobs, the building do nothing the people that walk about do nothing..GTA 4 had more world interaction was bigger and looked better..

This isn't not An mmo game..its a single player game...

But its still wickedly fun to play...but not pay for month after month..why would I? I've done most things in like 5 days....

Cataclysm, was advertised everywhere here It was in the papers, And TV, and during peak times.. I havens seen on ad for this anywhere, only know about it from mmo champion, and if steam didn't offer it I wouldn't have bothered....

So its new, all new MMO have teething problems at the start...SOE have MMO's history , they have made them before they must have seen them, Played them and also heard of WOW, Eve on-line and taken some notes on why they work and why some don't...

To get this game to any standard to be called an MMO its needs remaking into an MMO
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-01-19 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    if you dont like something in the first two hours, should i just keep playing like a zombie? it probably wont get much better with 4 more skills on your bar.
    Oh really? So you're saying that because the experience in WoW, at 2 hours into the game, is simply awful, that means that it's going to be awful from level 30ish-85? That's just simply wrong because your character evolves the more time you put into the game, the dungeons get harder, pvp gets more complicated, etc etc. I'd imagine that the same thing happens in DCUO, and that you're simply wearing the Blizz blinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    Wall o Text edited for sake of post space
    I understand you complaints and some are valid (chat system) and others don't take into account what DCUO is and what it's intended to be.

Superheros/Villains really don't craft. I know it's a timesink that many are used to but it doesn't really fit in the DC Universe. One could argue that types like Lex Luthor and Batman create gadgets and what not but really all of that stuff gets gleaned over in Comics, so to make it a large part of the game would be weird.

At level 30 there should be a number of "Hard" dungeons and a few Raids. As much and/or more Endgame content than most MMO's launch with.

There are 4 class types but it works uniquely. There are Tanks, Healers, and Controllers. Each of those roles can also be DPS.

Queues are Queues. Just like WoW they can be short or long.

And uh.. that's about it. Everything else you said was pretty spot on.

Oh and to KelticFox.. Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman are considered "The Big Three" in The Justice League. DCUO uses The Justice League (and the villain coalition) as a way to bring Heroes (Villains) together than usually don't cross paths on a regular basis. Using the most Iconic leaders from both sides is a gimmie. Now.. they may introduce some alternate stories somewhere down the line but The Big Three will always be the mentors because they're the greatest heros (villains) in the IP.

well im a comic nerd and just read the thread. i dont want another wow i already have cata and max lvl toons im raiding im happy on there. but what i do want is super powers to run faster than light more action oriented combat. i love god of war devil may cry darksiders dantes inferno hack and slash button mashing is fun. combat looks cool im happy.
    as for storys possible expansions endgame bosses alerts...... its the DC universe do you even know how much lore surounding each of these charecters. DC has been runing since 1934. theres so much back story there are endless possibilites on alerts or even endgame raid bosses for instance get a 10 man group or what ever the max number on raids will be in dcuo and go defeat darkseid, brainiac, doomsday, even have the alternate versions of the justice league come into raid content.
    and another thing about the endgame like maybe actualy have it in masive open world albeit phased instance maps were having to use movment types to avoid stuff as most of the super villains heros can flaten entire cities in a single move.

went abit off topic there near the end but dcuo is what it is a good game refreshing change from azeroth to me and i hope it does well

Quote Originally Posted by oraZON View Post
    went abit off topic there near the end but dcuo is what it is a good game refreshing change from azeroth to me and i hope it does well
    And it will do well if SOE keeps working actively on it. I guess we'll see that with the next patch.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried the game for a few hours. But can't really get me hooked so far.