Thread: New Fel Armor

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Fel Armor

Ok, what was blizzard thinking?
    So for every spell we cast, we are gonna healed for 3% of our hp, Thats a lot better than the old one

- Fel Armor has been redesigned. It now surrounds the caster with fel energy, increasing spell power and causing the warlock to be healed for 3% of any single-target spell damage he or she deals.

You are saying it wrong but quoted it right.
    You get healed up for 3% of the damage you do but only on the single target spells you put up.

I wonder how this functions on the soul sharded CoD as an aff lock.
    The CoD is an AoE spell for blast damage but the spell is also a single target spell.
    And the soul shard on it makes every monster hit by it getting the Corruption spell on them.
    So, the spell it self should heal you for a small amount, the blast is ignored but all the spreaded corruption should heal you for a lot.

You need to learn to read. It said you get healed for 3% of the damage done from single target spells, NOT 3% of your total health whenever you deal damage. This will be similar to how much healing a shadow priest does with vampiric embrace. Demonology will get a bonus to this healing if they spec into it.

Given a 20k shadow bolt/incinerate, you'll heal for 600. More if you get the talent.

Assuming ~14000 DPS this will probably heal for about Half of what the old fel armor did.

At least it's better than 10% mana.

I'm actually happy with this. 5% every 5 seconds passively was pretty overpowered, 10% increased mana seriously made me think about re-rolling, but this is a good thing. If this goes live, I will definitely enjoy by Warlock more.

Deleted
    Oh please! This change is a very considerable nerf to PvP compared to the situation on live. You might be able to break even on a training dummy, but there is no way in hell this change will make warlocks stronger in pvp. You are not freecasting all day in pvp!

Only affliction is strong in pvp. Only afflictions self healing was/is a problem. The other two specs depend on fel armor for survivability as well as mana.

If they want top nerf afflictions self healing - then nerf affliction specific talents. Don´t break the other two - weak - specs in pvp.

This is a nerf to affliction self healing as well, though, but since they depend on dots they will receive more health than the other specs while being trained. Therefor this change is quite dumb, not nearly as dumb as the previous change, but still dumb.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    I'm actually happy with this. 5% every 5 seconds passively was pretty overpowered, 10% increased mana seriously made me think about re-rolling, but this is a good thing. If this goes live, I will definitely enjoy by Warlock more.
    No, it was far from overpowered. Destro and Demo were and are weak in pvp. Only affliction needed nerfs.

Btw it is 4 % every 5 seconds...

Deleted
    we get Vampiric embrace! GG blizz. The healing done is CRAP so why do they want us to gain any health? did they think that when we lifetap we lose nearly 20k health? Do the math how much dmg we must do to get that amount of health back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    we get Vampiric embrace! GG blizz. The healing done is CRAP so why do they want us to gain any health? did they think that when we lifetap we lose nearly 20k health? Do the math how much dmg we must do to get that amount of health back.
    About 333k damage, which is nearly 3 health bars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telassios View Post
    About 333k damage, which is nearly 3 health bars
    I got Spriest also and with WE on i gain like 200health per tick.. never saved me in arenas or bg.. Yeah telassios you got my point. Too low healthregen with that change.

Deleted
    i'd rather not to gain any health from dmg... I got Spriest also and with WE on i gain like 200health per tick.. never saved me in arenas or bg..
    I agree. I ditched my long standing main - a shadow priest - after cata hit. The spec is pretty much ruined. Crap self healing, crap mana efficiency, no mobility, low skill cap, bugged, the list goes on and on. I´d rather not see my new main go the same way

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many warlock changes lately.
    Removed sense demons but didnt put it in the notes its called a bug but its not back.
    Removed drain mana, why?
    And now messing with fel armor.

Deleted
    This is really pissing me off. If you level a warlock you know its not going to be the easiest class to play but you want to play it becouse it got so ''unique'' Spells/pets. Nowdays we are mages with beastial wrath and VT. Did i forget something?

I got Spriest also and with WE on i gain like 200health per tick.. never saved me in arenas or bg.. Yeah telassios you got my point. Too low healthregen with that change.
    I sort of understand how you feel, Vampiric Embrace got reduced from 25% health return to 6% in the expansion. Honestly though, it's a passive self-heal while other classes generally need to give up something (either resources or GCDs) to heal themselves, and generally you notice that on heavy AoE situations you would be getting AoE heals anyway, so this is just a bonus.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Just to add to my previous post. 333k damage done (or nearly 3 health bars) to recover 1 Life tap. Fel Armor will heal that in 20 seconds on live. How long do you people beleive it´ll take after the change? You´d have to average in excess of 16k DPS excluding your pet! All the time.

Think about those numbers for a while, and let it sink in.

10k dps = 300hps, kinda lame, but meh. Healers need to work, or u can drain life/death coil. Don't whinge. This affects us healers more than u. We keep you healed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I sort of understand how you feel, Vampiric Embrace got reduced from 25% health return to 6% in the expansion. Honestly though, it's a passive self-heal while other classes generally need to give up something (either resources or GCDs) to heal themselves, and generally you notice that on heavy AoE situations you would be getting AoE heals anyway, so this is just a bonus.
    The issue is primarily with PvP, not PvE. And Shadow priests need all passive defenses and healing they can get, since they have crap all in the form of mobility and escapes, as well as very long cooldowns on the few spells that makes a difference in pvp (silence and Psychic horror).

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    10k dps = 300hps, kinda lame, but meh. Healers need to work, or u can drain life/death coil. Don't whinge. This affects us healers more than u. We keep you healed.
    Again. PvP. PvP. PvP.

So you guys are talking about fel armor bringing up ur HP from life tap. Have you forgotten about Soul Leech?, i know in times of heavy damage, i spam soulfire/chaos bolt so our healers dont have to waste mana to keep me up. Its not that much of a DPS loss to do this, and if you think ur healer cant handle a life tap, than dont do it, or pop a healthstone. L2P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghrimm View Post
    So you guys are talking about fel armor bringing up ur HP from life tap. Have you forgotten about Soul Leech?, i know in times of heavy damage, i spam soulfire/chaos bolt so our healers dont have to waste mana to keep me up. Its not that much of a DPS loss to do this, and if you think ur healer cant handle a life tap, than dont do it, or pop a healthstone. L2P.
    Again. PvP. Heard of it? Please try spamming Soulfires in PvP, then report back with your results.

Please think before you post.

I take health over mana anyday so this is a great change.

Quote Originally Posted by Telassios View Post
    Again. PvP. Heard of it? Please try spamming Soulfires in PvP, then report back with your results.

Please think before you post.
    you guys are complaining about the fact that a pure dps class only has one viable PvP spec? erm.. don't all pure dps classes have only one viable spec? It's not something that changed in the past month. This problem/situation was always there.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.