Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sadly I think that this movie will be really bad, it seems like a bad movie to me at least. Might be good, of course i'm gonna see it, I can't completely judge a movie by just watching the trailer, might be good too, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Sadly I think that this movie will be really bad, it seems like a bad movie to me at least. Might be good, of course i'm gonna see it, I can't completely judge a movie by just watching the trailer, might be good too, we'll see.
    Yeah, this is generally where I'm at, but I seriously doubt I'll waste the money for a movie ticket.

I think the last movie I blindly bought a movie ticket, had hardly any expectation, and walked out fairly darned entertained was... probably Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Hollywood has had been on this tear that EVERY damned protagonist in an action/fantasy flick has to be an "everyman."

Well said. Obviously, it works for some roles. But we definitely need more protagonists that aren't everyman's. We need more Bruce Wayne's, more Jack Sparrow's, more "I'm awesome as fuck and you have no chance of reaching a fraction of my awesome in your lifetime, so just sit back and enjoy me... being awesome as fuck" characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Yeah, this is generally where I'm at, but I seriously doubt I'll waste the money for a movie ticket.

I think the last movie I blindly bought a movie ticket, had hardly any expectation, and walked out fairly darned entertained was... probably Constantine.
    I can be entertained pretty easily. But the only movie I left enthusiastic about in the past two years was Tron (and I'd been waiting for that one for 11 months).

Paul Bettany, how much I love you you sweet thing, I'm scared you're going to disappoint me again.

But I digress, this is not the movie forums. This is the Class forums, subsection Priest.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    To make matters worse, there are more notable "bad guy" priests than "good guy" priests. Can anyone actually name another demonstratively powerful "heroic" priest in WoW lore that didn't turn into a paladin and isn't a spacegoat named Velen? At least the forsaken have the whole "shadow" bit, but that's fairly overshadowed by Sylvanas relying on more magical, scientific, and mechanical means of spreading the plague.
    tyrande whisperwind, in lore, is a priest blessed by Elune. she was really powerful in warcraft lore: she freed Illidan, helped raise shandris feathermoon, was proficient with bow, sword and other weapons, fought in 2 wars and numerous skirmishes, fought against massive undead forces, survived being swept away in a river,... i know that she mainly used hunter and balance druid skills, but in lore, she is a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    tyrande whisperwind, in lore, is a priest blessed by Elune. she was really powerful in warcraft lore: she freed Illidan, helped raise shandris feathermoon, was proficient with bow, sword and other weapons, fought in 2 wars and numerous skirmishes, fought against massive undead forces, survived being swept away in a river,... i know that she mainly used hunter and balance druid skills, but in lore, she is a priest.
    Being a Priestess of the Moon is a Priest in title only. She serves Elune, and yes is more of a hunter/druid hybrid. There is no Light/Shadow at play, she shoots things with a bow and calls down stars to strike her targets.

As far as lore of the Light and the Forgotten Shadow, the Disciplined mind that works with neither or flows between them, the lore just dies.

Spiritus:

Eris Havenfire. Granted, she's dead, but I'd say what she did was both heroic, and demonstratively powerful.

Yeah, I think calling Tyrande a priestess is kinda like asking Dr. Dre for medical advice. When you bust around lore with your bow and cast nature spells, you aren't really working the "priest" angle very well.

Eris Havenfire? C'man. I mean I'm a fan, but she pretty much got roflstomped by pre-LK Arthas. Props for sticking w/ T1 in the afterlife though.

I suppose most of this is QQ, but I'm just sad that anytime the "Holy Light" comes around thematically in the story, Paladins get all the whooptidoo, while priests are regulated to candy stripers or bad guys. This reality also makes me think that priests aren't going to get much play in the WoW Movie either, which also makes me sad.

Perhaps before I fade away I'll try to collaborate with some folks to make a priestly based Machinima. There are so many plot lines and story angles you can take with even the pitiful amount of priest lore in WoW, and action sequences could be so much more bad ass than "HURRRR, I pally/warrior. I swing sword gud."

I'm in complete agreement with you, there Spiritus. Though she was roflstomped, unfortunately she's really the only angle in-game that WoW has for the class. I guess a part of it is because if it's light based, Paladins may call out the whole "omg but that's our story" and Shadow Priests would feel it doesn't really cover them.

So much could be done to flesh out the dual theology of the Light/Forgotten Shadow, but they don't really know how to play the characters without Hollywood explosions (which would be Paladin, or suited to a Mage/Warlock).

Eris was long ago, but to this day she still makes me proud to have rolled a Priest. I'm not asking for a Tirion, but more stories like hers aren't just welcome, they belong in a world as big as Azeroth.

The thing is that paladins were born from priests. Archbishop Faol was all like, "Yo, Uther, you're a knight and a priest in training. SHAZAM! Paladin."

Somehow, from that, Paladins became the driving force behind any "divine" plot.

Don't get me wrong, the whole Arthas arc is totally paladin territory. I mean, Arthas was their f-up. Its what happens when you introduce meatheads to the power of light and dark. Instead, just give 'em a sword. That way they can only do so much harm.

But even beyond the human/dwarf[gnome]/h.elf/forsaken "Light & Dark," you have real priestesses of the moon [n. elf], voodoo trolls & sun priest cows. [Honestly, spacegoats (& b.elves to an extent) can take their midichlorian-esque explanation of the "light & dark" and shove it. No one really cares about their lore anyways. Spacegoat go home.]

So you still can have interesting plot lines, stories, and characters that are "priestly" w/o ticking off short fuse paladins by telling them their mondosticks can't help them with this "Holy Light" based problem.

But even beyond the human/dwarf[gnome]/h.elf/forsaken "Light & Dark," you have real priestesses of the moon [n. elf], voodoo trolls & sun priest cows. [Honestly, spacegoats (& b.elves to an extent) can take their midichlorian-esque explanation of the "light & dark" and shove it. No one really cares about their lore anyways. Spacegoat go home.]
    Spacegoats go home, and take their sparkly car fresheners with them. I did like the resolution of the Blood Elf story with the rebirth of the Sunwell as a font of pure Light. Prior to 2.4, I'd have agreed with you.

But again, that wasn't even fleshed out for Priests, just the "omg blood knights!11 belfpallys!"

So you still can have interesting plot lines, stories, and characters that are "priestly" w/o ticking off short fuse paladins by telling them their mondosticks can't help them with this "Holy Light" based problem.
    There's a lot of lore left to dry, but I have a feeling Anduin might be our next "up-and-coming" bigshot Priest. Something to look forward to how that might play out.

Will he pull off something to the severity of Eris? A little doubtful on that, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    There's a lot of lore left to dry, but I have a feeling Anduin might be our next "up-and-coming" bigshot Priest. Something to look forward to how that might play out.
    Yeah, there have been a ton of hints that he'll end up taking a priestly path, though his day in the sun is quite a ways off with the Thrall[Garrosh]/Slyvannas/Wyrnn Sr. triangle still playing out [barring them doing something drastic like offing Wyrnn Sr.].