Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Solution: report them if they are offensive. Guess what? They get banned. They really, really get banned.

Then you win.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I've had more shit healers than shit dps so far. And I think Stevey here is one of those shit healers. Good ones don't complain on forums because they keep groups up even with shit tank etc.
    I just learned something here. Good people never complain on forums. Interesting story.

End of sarcasm. Really? You just had to be rude?

I've never really had issues with PuGs, pugged pretty much everything at 85 from 333 to full 346 gear grind. If the group is fail, I don't stick around, fuck that. When the queue is 2-7 minutes, why stick around with a fail group when I could just wait those 5 minutes and get another? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Don't stop playing healer because of a bad pugg. Thats Pointless, why let some window licker behind a screen stop you doing what you enjoy?

Just Point out thier mistakes and flaws, tell them to read some forums or ask them to go back in time to play in Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wine View Post
    Don't stop playing healer because of a bad pugg. Thats Pointless, why let some window licker behind a screen stop you doing what you enjoy?

Just Point out thier mistakes and flaws, tell them to read some forums or ask them to go back in time to play in Wotlk.
    I pointed out there flaws and got told l2p and heal harder........

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    I pointed out there flaws and got told l2p and heal harder........
    Yeah, this is the issue with pugs. The bads are always right, and you're always wrong.

I'm actually waiting for something like this to happen, some idiot to blame me for their death when they failed to move out of the fire. I've yet to see it happen, but I've got Skada ready to link their death (all damage taken ~8sec prior to death) if someone does
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    I get a bit depressed when the dps fail to outdps me. Tanks can put out some pretty good dps on trash pulls due to good AoE damage, but if you're being outdpsed by the healer you really suck at dps.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, binding heal does burn alot of mana and I would advise against using it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Also, flash heals also burn alot of mana, I tend to not use them unless I REALLY have to either. Heal, renew, prayer of mending, bubble, and sanctuary should be plenty to keep the tank up, wit the occasional greater heal when needed. I don't use Flash Heal for the serendipity cuz it's not worth the mana. Only time flash heal gets used for me is when Surge of Light procs. Sounds to me like both you and that Warrior need to learn a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I've had more shit healers than shit dps so far. And I think Stevey here is one of those shit healers. Good ones don't complain on forums because they keep groups up even with shit tank etc.
    Yet you're complaining... pot kettle black?

Anyway, I don't mind healing pugs, but if they give me shit I'll tell them what they did wrong, if they still give me shit, I wipe them and leave. I'm sure they put me on ignore, but that's a good thing as I don't want to group with idiots.

I've experienced the same problem with my priest alt. Especially at lower gear levels it's absolutely crucial that everyone knows what to do and actually uses CC. If they don't, you're oom from using fast bigger heals at 50% and struggle through the rest of the fight. I wiped several times at Altarius simply because no one was dodging the tornados and some were thrown off the platform. I was probably oom at 40%, and still finally managed to kill the boss when all the ignorant dps had managed to fall or die.

Gear helps tremendously, and it's not at all helpful to say "I can heal this without problems with this gear level as long as all of you actually know how to play". Kick incoming. I'm at ~3300 mp5 in combat and still go fast oom if I need to heal someone who keeps taking avoidable spike damage on top of that aoe that hits everyone. And after that it's a struggle to keep the tank alive with just Heal, because that's all my regen can keep up with. Because all the damage that's incoming is either moderate and approximately unavoidable or huge and completely avoidable. And who has the patience to write the tactics each random dungeon, knowing well that 90% of the randoms will totally ignore your advice? I even once had a melee dps at lvl 85 who was totally clueless about having an interrupt, and then considered a 2 second cast to be impossibly fast to interrupt (after 2 wipes of me asking that interrupt that cast, because it's crucial).

At lvl 84-85 normal dungeons tanks normally have the patience to ask for cc, but at 85 heroics people already assume that it's Wrath all over again and there's simply no need for CC anymore. I've also noticed that I keep getting awfully lot of random dungeons that are already in progress, and can never tell beforehand if it's because they've kicked one healer for being "bad" or if it's actually a good group. Luckily I've managed to complete most of them, and only once gotten kicked because it's easier to blame the (2nd?) healer in a 4/5 guild group.

Sure my gear could have been better and fortunately it's getting to the point where I can save the situation even if someone screws up, but already it's pretty much a nightmare for new healers (at least if it's not a full pug). I can understand now why there are posts saying they'll quit being healers, because randoms simply are that bad. Guild groups are 500% times better most of the time (just get a respectable guild rather than a "wanna join my guild we has tabard?" guild).

I wish there really was something coded to the system that told the dps that it really was your god damn own fault that you died. And on the other hand, something that told that it clearly was the healers fault that they couldn't heal through the damage. I can confess that sometimes someone dies when I start thinking about whether I should announce something to the party chat or not (but on the other hand, there shouldn't be need to yell "stop following and standing on top of me when I already said before combat that you all have to spread").
    Last edited by Ibis; 2011-01-16 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLFluenT View Post
    Well, binding heal does burn alot of mana and I would advise against using it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Also, flash heals also burn alot of mana, I tend to not use them unless I REALLY have to either. Heal, renew, prayer of mending, bubble, and sanctuary should be plenty to keep the tank up, wit the occasional greater heal when needed. I don't use Flash Heal for the serendipity cuz it's not worth the mana. Only time flash heal gets used for me is when Surge of Light procs. Sounds to me like both you and that Warrior need to learn a bit.
    I was taking damage from poison I couldnt cure so 2x binding heal + greater heal on tank.

i hate healing pugs, they QQ and moan and never click the dam lightwell even if you spam the macro 2000000000000000000000 times saying click the dam thing, They should change it to pulse heal on 1 person every 1sec for 10secs or somthing so people dont have to click and waste my mana. I get moaned at alot for useing flashx2 then a greater on a tank who is made of soggy tissue but i just tell the people to shut up or GL getting a new healer :P

i find it funny that u say the warrior and him need to learn a bit when you used heal renew pom bubble and sanctuary as spells to keep a tank up so i can only assume your holy, first renew isnt really worth putting up sure its not bad but not a big deal if u dont. pom doesnt even get cast on cd anymore these days, Sanctuary to keep a tank up? really you realize its not a very good spell right? Binding heal is a great heal to use your gonna spend that much mana anyways to get 2 people to where it will take you so why not cast the 1 quick heal that costs a little more mana but oh wait since u got u and tank with it now u dont gotta heal again regen time, Casting BH just saved you mana in that situation,

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was taking damage from poison I couldnt cure so 2x binding heal + greater heal on tank.
    Wait... you're holy. Aren't you specced into body and soul? Cleanses poison off yourself? If not body and soul is to awesome to not have as holy. Love those last minute bubbles on myself to get me/others our of sticky situations fast.

Deleted
    Binding heal is as efficient as using Heal if both targets need healing. It's an awesome spell and should be used any time you and another player are damaged. If I'm poisoned I will always BH the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Binding heal is as efficient as using Heal if both targets need healing. It's an awesome spell and should be used any time you and another player are damaged. If I'm poisoned I will always BH the tank.
    ^^

Also, awesome on Chimaeron when you've fallen < 10k. Guaranteed to bring you and another back to the realm of safety swiftly and efficiently.

Well, binding heal does burn alot of mana and I would advise against using it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Also, flash heals also burn alot of mana.
    Binding and Flash both cost the same amount of mana. So using Binding instead is actually the smarter choice (Don't get me wrong, I'd rather NOT use either, but if you have ridiculous Combat regen, (I have 4.3k in a 5man) Using it once or twice when you and the tank are taking damage isn't that bad)

Edit: Just noticed about 4 people said about the same as me. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by lynguistic View Post
    Wait... you're holy. Aren't you specced into body and soul? Cleanses poison off yourself? If not body and soul is to awesome to not have as holy. Love those last minute bubbles on myself to get me/others our of sticky situations fast.
    Woops I forgot about that :P

They chain pull without ccing trash too and they complain i use 2xflash heal and then greater heal keep the tank up............
    Should have left this part out. It makes the post seem more like whining than a real complaint. CC died out very quickly after the first week of Cata when people realized that it just wasn't needed. They're designed for people in quest gear. Once you have dungeon gear it's just like Wrath. If you can't handle the pace tanks set you need to find a tank that doesn't mind slowing down for you. When I'm tanking heroics if healers can't keep up we remove them from the group.

The BH and LW things are just silly, though. Especially Lightwell. I don't remember ever needing one except perhaps on the first boss of SFK if I screw up my AMS timing. Not sure why a tank would even care if you had it near them.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    I get a bit depressed when the dps fail to outdps me. Tanks can put out some pretty good dps on trash pulls due to good AoE damage, but if you're being outdpsed by the healer you really suck at dps.
    LOL... It used to happen now and again in WotLK Heroics with Resto Shamans. They were so bored they'd spec as Elemental and top dps meter with an occassional heal thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Especially Lightwell. I don't remember ever needing one except perhaps on the first boss of SFK if I screw up my AMS timing. Not sure why a tank would even care if you had it near them.
    The paradox of LW in heroics is that the only time it's extremely helpful is when dps are bad and fail or refuse to avoid avoidable damage, yet those are the same dps who refuse to click on it.