View Poll Results: Should there be a slot for CC in the queue?

Voters
93. This poll is closed
  • yes

39 41.94%
  • no

54 58.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although a nice though, it wouldn't really work for all classes. For Locks or Mages, whose CC affects a large assortment of mobs, not all spells do. Mind Control a superior form of CC -- however, can only be used on Humanoids. So, if Shaman's, Locks or mages, for example, could Queue as both DPS and CC, it would knock the other 'DPS only' jobs further back in the queue.

Interesting idea though. =)

On the other hand, I could argue that by the same merits, you could queue based on if your group has an Interrupt. Point being, Random dungeon 2 days ago. Got Heroic: Shadowfang Keep. Group consisted of Pally tank, Holy Priest, 2 x Survival Hunters (one of them me) and a Shadow Priest (without Silence). We saw the group composition, 'KNEW' we didn't have the interrupts needed for the first boss and disbanded right there. Waste of a 40 minute queue.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Modify dungeon finder to ensure there is a class that can effectively CC in each group.

Crowd control is as one poster stated not just about something which is set and forget for a period of time, but in removing something as a threat.
    Kiting, rooting/slowing a melee, silencing a caster all serve that purpose.
    It is still a control.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Crowd control is as one poster stated not just about something which is set and forget for a period of time, but in removing something as a threat.
    Kiting, rooting/slowing a melee, silencing a caster all serve that purpose.
    It is still a control.
    so get on your warrior and start grinding that caster mob that the tank has no threat on, and tell me what you're doing is 'crowd control'.

---------- Post added 2011-01-16 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    On the other hand, I could argue that by the same merits, you could queue based on if your group has an Interrupt. Point being, Random dungeon 2 days ago. Got Heroic: Shadowfang Keep. Group consisted of Pally tank, Holy Priest, 2 x Survival Hunters (one of them me) and a Shadow Priest (without Silence). We saw the group composition, 'KNEW' we didn't have the interrupts needed for the first boss and disbanded right there. Waste of a 40 minute queue.
    pally tank can do all the necessary interrupts on ashbury alone. i've done it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scism View Post
    it's a tough one... i was tanking hc ToTT on my pala with 2 droods (healer and feral dps) warrior and lock. i asked who could cc... no one replied. warrior starts saying "go go" "go faster" etc. one of the drood was rooting one mob, and the warrior was interrupting, but couldnt handle a 5 pack with no proper cc. i voted yes, but i understand those that vote no.
    Your group had 2 roots and the warlock's fear which should have been glyphed if it wasn't. That is more cc than any heroic requires. Throne has what, two trash pulls that may require multiple cc's and only one of those two pulls has two healers. If your group honestly struggled it is because they were all awful, not because they lacked cc.

With the amount of classes that can bring a form of crowd control it is really unnecessary for a reserved cc spot. There are a couple trash packs where it helps, but for the most part you can get around it if you have to with clever use of mechanics. The only real exceptions are the cat packs in HoO and potentially the chainers in Grim Batol is you don't have interrupt classes. The only thing the lfg system should look at is dispels if the zone contains a key dispel mechanic. For example, Cursed Bullet on the last boss in SFK, but even that doesn't really ever become a problem with the variety of classes with each dispel.

---------- Post added 2011-01-16 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    You are aware that Pain and Suffering can be dispeled instead of interrupted and if the Paladin saves his Avenger's Shield for interrupts he can interrupt everything necessary right? Grats on wasting a 40 minute queue for nothing.