Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Hello there, so i thought what i want to spend with my money. And I'm probably going to buy a new Video card, the one Im using at the moment is: NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT
    I have 400$ Max to spend on a new one, so... which Video card/s do you guys suggest me to buy? Note, I want the card to be able to run WoW on Medium - High setting with nice FPS.

Thanks in advance.
    Well after looking at your rig, there's actually a lot you can do with $400. Spend $60 on a good Power Supply. Spend $90 on a decent board. Spend $90 on a Phenom 2X. Spend $45 on 4 GB (2x2GB DDR3 1333) of ram. Spend $90 on a 1GB 5670 GFX card. You can even pay for shipping.

You'll have a decent set up that will be way ahead of what you have now. It might not hit 80 FPS, but the difference will be night and day.

Thanks for the feedback guys, checking prices atm.
    Playing since 2007.

ATI Radeon HD 5700

Best card ever.

fwiw...

you can build a whole rig for $400, especially if you're going to re-use your case, HDD and OS.

$60 PSU (400-500w), $90 Phenom2 2X, $90 MoBo, $45 4GB (2x2GB ddr3 1333) ram, that leaves $100 or so for a GPU (1GB 430 or 1GB 5670) and you can still pay shipping

Quote Originally Posted by TanAxys View Post
    fwiw...

you can build a whole rig for $400, especially if you're going to re-use your case, HDD and OS.

$60 PSU (400-500w), $90 Phenom2 2X, $90 MoBo, $45 4GB (2x2GB ddr3 1333) ram, that leaves $100 or so for a GPU (1GB 430 or 1GB 5670) and you can still pay shipping
    Case-fans-HDD-OS Herp derp.

Something I've discovered over time is that a computer always ends up being more expensive than you thought it the first place. Even if it's 1$ more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Something I've discovered over time is that a computer always ends up being more expensive than you thought it the first place. Even if it's 1$ more.
    And especially if you follow forum-advice, which is almost as bad as retailstores' advices.
    You always end up with things you had no idea you needed.

What someone wants and what someone needs isn't always the same thing. Sometimes, you have to answer both, sometimes you have to push one or the other. Many people on forums can't seem to make that judgment call, and push for things that never would fit the budget, by throwing out top-of-the-line things.

(Note: I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specific, I'm speaking broad terms)

Quote Originally Posted by TanAxys View Post
    fwiw...

I can buy a new Rig, but it won't be very good for Gaming. So i should probably either save up for it, or buy some new hardware.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Buy the hardware within budget and if you get an Asus or Gigabyte motherboard they come with comprehensive instructions on how to put it together. You can also take a look at some guides as it is far less challenging than you think it is.

I am not saying other manufacturers don't give instructions just those two brands i can personally vouch for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I can buy a new Rig, but it won't be very good for Gaming. So i should probably either save up for it, or buy some new hardware.
    you don't need to buy everything at once. get a good oversized PSU and a MB that will let you grow. You can get a bigger cpu, gpu and more ram later. In the mean time, you'll be doing much better, and could even decide that what you've got is working. At the very least, you'll have a better idea of what you need instead of just throwing $400 at a video card.