Deleted

Seriously...Holy or Disc for pvp i need to know?

Hey there priests im a lock playing with a disc priest in full pvp gear 3.2k ress. He simply gets eaten up in arena so im wondering if disc is really the way for a priest to these days in arena . YOu pvp priests...pls enlighten me.. Which is it?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    when was holy ever viable in arena? jw

Disc is entirely broken at the moment. Ask your priest to check the PTR and see how they fair.

Thanks to Amalisa for this great Sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Heckx View Post
    Hey there priests im a lock playing with a disc priest in full pvp gear 3.2k ress. He simply gets eaten up in arena so im wondering if disc is really the way for a priest to these days in arena . YOu pvp priests...pls enlighten me.. Which is it?
    Shadow.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Deleted
    So im not just imagining things..disc is not that great right now. Come to think of it havent seen to many disc in the opposite teams. Could holy work better?

If this is for 2s, then that's the problem. Unless the priest is Godly, it'll get torn apart very quick.

I do ok as Disc in 3s, but I also have a really weird comp yet we managed to hit 2.2k just fine.
    As Disc, I probably have less survivability compared to Holy at this time, but as Holy you'll run out of mana faster. I have the "cap" resilience (40%). Not that I don't have mana issues as Disc either but it doesn't hurt as much.

It's also not a matter of spec but a matter of if your priest clicks or keyboard turns, if they have things binded, and if they're specc'd correctly and actually using his cooldowns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
    If this is for 2s, then that's the problem. Unless the priest is Godly, it'll get torn apart very quick.

I do ok as Disc in 3s, but I also have a really weird comp yet we managed to hit 2.2k just fine.
    As Disc, I probably have less survivability compared to Holy at this time, but as Holy you'll run out of mana faster. I have the "cap" resilience (40%). Not that I don't have mana issues as Disc either but it doesn't hurt as much.
    It's also not a matter of spec but a matter of if your priest clicks or keyboard turns, if they have things binded, and if they're specc'd correctly and actually using his cooldowns.
    Yeah this is for 2´s and he is a keybinder but he is not core pvp player if you know what i mean but he is ok. Problem is he gets a melee on him and he is pretty much toast . As a healer you should last more than 10 sec against any class i would think.But maybe he just needs to skill up but still ive done alot of arena and he seems to go down way to fast for player in full pvp gear. But thx for answer cleared a few things up seems we need to go for the 3v3

Yeah this is for 2´s and he is a keybinder but he is not core pvp player if you know what i mean but he is ok. Problem is he gets a melee on him and he is pretty much toast . As a healer you should last more than 10 sec against any class i would think.But maybe he just needs to skill up but still ive done alot of arena and he seems to go down way to fast for player in full pvp gear. But thx for answer cleared a few things up seems we need to go for the 3v3
    wait a few weeks buffs are inc!

but for a sidenote:
    holy has been getting increasingly better in pvp.

Yeah don't get me wrong, it's hard even in 3s. Two DKs can lock me down to death in 10 seconds even with some peels. And I still get crit for up to 23k in one hit by a furry warrior, taking up to 50k damage in 5 seconds. It's definitely hard right now for priests at any spec but with enough patience and practice and even luck, it works out somewhat.

He may have to blow all of his defensive cooldowns right away... Pain Sup, Barrier, shitty desperate prayer + battlemaster. Really stupid that sometimes we have to do that to live but it works half the time.

Everyone should watch this video and see how "good" disc is right now

D: watch the priests health!

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=173143
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of now, all Priests lack survivability in PvP, and Disc and Shadow are suffering from dispellers. Mobility is really low for Disc Priests and slightly low for Shadow/Holy.

With Patch 4.0.6 though, PW:S is getting buffed, Disc SHOULD be getting dispel resistance, the DR on Shadow's Sin and Punishment won't affect our fears, so Priests should get better all-around. If you're looking for a Priest Healer, then Disc and Holy should both be very viable, but will only differ in styles; Disc tanks all the damage while Holy tries to run away from it.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    As of now, all Priests lack survivability in PvP, and Disc and Shadow are suffering from dispellers. Mobility is really low for Disc Priests and slightly low for Shadow/Holy.

With Patch 4.0.6 though, PW:S is getting buffed, Disc SHOULD be getting dispel resistance, the DR on Shadow's Sin and Punishment won't affect our fears, so Priests should get better all-around. If you're looking for a Priest Healer, then Disc and Holy should both be very viable, but will only differ in styles; Disc tanks all the damage while Holy tries to run away from it.
    This part rant and part reply so please excuse me. Lacking survivability is an understatement. Blizzard nerfed the spec to all of oblivion and 4.06 changes have yet to even begin to scratch the problem that Discipline is suffering right now. We lack offense and we lack defense. We lack mobility. We are like a wet piece of toilet paper right now unless both of our teammates are peeling off of us, and that's only if one of our teammates is a Frost Mage. Discipline is not only slightly weaker. We are completely useless.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    bubble is going up 200%
    renew is going up around 20%
    penance is going up around 30%

its gona work out alot more in 4.0.6

shadow wrecks kids atm. i carried my friends mage to 1800 easily. i've got 3400 resil and hes got around 1500 from just the crafted gear lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    bubble is going up 200%
    renew is going up around 20%
    penance is going up around 30%

its gona work out alot more in 4.0.6

shadow wrecks kids atm. i carried my friends mage to 1800 easily. i've got 3400 resil and hes got around 1500 from just the crafted gear lol
    Mana cost of renew is going down 24% its healing stays the same, unless I skipped something in the patch notes. The bubble and penance change is LONG overdue.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

been doing some pvp on the ptr and disc is fine if not a tad OP

Shadow or Holy now Discipline after patch (Shadow aswell if they fix the damn dispell protection).

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 3600 on my priest.. And I still get eaten up...

But see this on the positive side, when 4.0.6 is coming, it will be alot easier to play it, then it is now...

And the world shall tremble...