Poll: which tank

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which Tank is easiest to heal healers

question is simple Which Tank is the easiest to heal in instances / raids? answer and if you must say why you think that

where's the poll?

i prefer to heal warriors because of the skill requirement to play one, but pallies are generally the easiest, as they heal themselves. i know druids and dk's do too but not like pallies do
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerix View Post
    where's the poll?
    had to put it in right after i posted this

Deleted
    Paladins just happen to have grazy selfheals.

"Which Tank is easiest to heal healers "

since when do tanks heal ?

on-topic .. I think paladins
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experiences they're pretty much the same. Our DK has been a little easier to keep alive in raids, but not by enough to actually mean something.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose Paladin but it really does depend on the person playing the class and the gear.

I've come across many different tanks that use their class abilities to the fullest making
    healing them quite a pleasure and on the same hand seen many who aren't very skilled.

For me so far its been DK. Their very nice self heals, scaling very well with gear, and an absorbtion shield makes them take very little damage.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

Personally I prefer healing a skilled Prot Paladin. If they're skilled they'll use the big arsenal of controlling abilities that they have available, and I can't say I hate being bubbled when doing extensive healing. I haven't played a Paladin since Wotlk, so am a little rusty on the mechanics, but I feel that they have better and a faster way of gaining control over a group of mobs (half of the warriors I heal let me tank a couple of adds).
    If it's relevant to the discussion I am a resto druid.

you should break paladins and warriors into 2 separate groups each:

Stam Paladin
    Avoidance Paladin
    Stam Warrior
    Avoidance Warrior

then you will get my vote
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends so much on the individual it's not even funny.

Our druid is easier than our pally, but this is largely because our paladin is still trying to figure out the relative values of dodge/block/parry/mastery (he's improving quite a bit) for him.

Our warrior I practically don't even have to heal, he's so easy; on the other hand, some warriors in LFD I can't spam enough and they still come to the brink of death.

I voted for bears because I'm biased towards them and if they're not stupid and stack stam mindlessly they're awesome, but it's all up to the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    this a thousand times.

i prefer druids overall especially for heroics, berserk + mangle spam is some crazy stuff
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    usually a tank that manages his cooldowns is quite easy to heal

no really, tanks are equally hard to keep alive when skill and gear are similar.
    overall i prefer well played pala tanks.

Based on personal experience, my guild's DK tank is the easiest tank to heal. This is in part due to the self healing and cooldowns of the class, but also largely due to to the fact that the man playing the tank knows how to use that self healing and those cooldowns. That's what makes the difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post

Our druid is easier than our pally, but this is largely because our paladin is still trying to figure out the relative values of dodge/block/parry/mastery (he's improving quite a bit) for him.

Our warrior I practically don't even have to heal, he's so easy; on the other hand, some warriors in LFD I can't spam enough and they still come to the brink of death.

I voted for bears because I'm biased towards them and if they're not stupid and stack stam mindlessly they're awesome, but it's all up to the individual.
    Hello Sejta, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sejta/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely down to the tank and how they manage their CD's and self heals. I Have Shield wall,last stand, enrage regen on CD nearly 100% in heroics along with deliberatly going for killing blows on mobs to get my Victory rush proc, a 50k+ heal 1-2 times per pack is crazy good. not being Bias but I feel warriors have some of the best Short CD's, Shield block is a really undervalued tank CD's when its active I have a 33~ avidoiance and the other 2 out of 3 hits ar 100% going to be blocked and 1 in 2/3 of those blocks will crit block for 62% which is stupidly good add to that Spell relfect and 2 interupts and 2 stuns we are stupidly OP on caster packs for reducing incoming damage.

In raids I'd say (from the little bit of WOL research I done) that all tanks are pretty even atm On bosses that hit for less Warrior tanks are ahead due to not being dependant on vengence for survival but on harder hitting bosses the tanks are even, if anything DK tanks are slightly ahead but are getting a slight HPS nerf in 4.0.6.

@Sickleh - Low hit+expertise Is critical atm as you cant afford to dump a huge chunk of your avoidance/mastery for hit/exp, it puts you easily a tier or more behind on "tank stats" to do this. Perhaps if you are progressing on a dps check boss it would be worth reforging but not as your normal gear set.

the one that uses cooldowns when the boss gets big and red. in case you're pugging, none of the above.

OT: id go with paladin. ive seen my friend pull some crazy shenanigans with seal of insight , endless glory and lay on hands.

Deleted
    Warriors and Palas for me. DKs take some time getting used to but then I don't usually have a problem.

I still don't like healing bears however...

Tank damage really isn't an issue in any current content, excluding perhaps heroic raids which I haven't done. The only thing I have to say really is that DK's self-healing can be confusing and make me queue up the wrong heal in some cases.