Poll: which tank

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's really not something you can generalize.
    Bears are the squishiest, some claim, yet many top guilds use them for world firsts so they clearly aren't 'hard to heal' in some people's opinions. Everyone keeps mentioning pally self heals but I think you're overlooking just how much DKs self heal now, it's ridiculous. Warriors don't self heal and still aren't difficult for us to heal.

In the end, the answer is "Any tank that understands their class, itemizes properly, and uses CDs when necessary".

A good DK and druid required the least amount of effort for me. Our guild tank (In non raid gear) could tank packs of mobs without cc without a heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    A good DK and druid required the least amount of effort for me. Our guild tank (In non raid gear) could tank packs of mobs without cc without a heal.
    rfc doesn't count.

as for me, I prefer to heal warriors due to their cc abilities, semi-decent selhealing and survivability

Deleted
    Warriors. It's always been Warriors for me.

Deleted
    In instances Id definitely say warrior. the stunlock and spellreflect on casters does decrease the incoming dmg a lot. also demoshout + thunderclap helps on melee mobs. If the tank gets a VR he heals for 38% of his life (often on addfights) and if hes specced into impending victory he can selfheal for large amounts when the boss goes low normally this is the situation when healers are going oom if they arent good at manaconserving.

in instances the sheer burst aggro comes also to "easy to heal" as healers need to heal DPS pulling aggro. i have had aggro issues while playing arms warrior but only if it was a pally. never got DK or druid tanks

A tank with good gear? The right gems and enchants? no tank is really "easier" unless you're referring to say, a DKs or a paladins heals, although warriors have that too, in fact it's a lot better than them all if there's adds on a boss fight that die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengramm View Post
    rfc doesn't count.
    lol'd

Warriors and Paladins are the easiest to heal even if the player doesn't really know what they're doing (not that it's easy, it's just easier despite the player's lack of skill).

As the person's intelligence improves DKs become my favorite for all their CD's and the Self Healing/Absorption.

I will always hold a soft spot for warriors though. Love you guys so much
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Deleted
    I normaly prefer palas, seen more than 1 pala that could take altairus HC from 10% and down at his
    own hand, coz of the selfhealing and protection. I was dps at that time.

I least prefer warriors if they dont know when to pop cooldowns, be aware of adds and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to say who is easiest to heal. I've healed warriors that were a breeze to heal. Funnily enough, there are blue-geared warri tanks that are easier to heal than a raid-MT, which is something that I find puzzling. Paladins are very easy to heal, and a well-played DK tank is easy to heal as well. Druids are a bit odd, I find. A bit spiky. Well, the ones that I healed were.

No tank is overly hard to heal though, at least not due to the class they play.

i dont remember the link to it but it was theory crafted that against a certain amount of damage that a paladin spamming WoG took the least damage,
    it was done pretty simply, damage taken - healing/absorbs = total

the final results were...

paladin (wog spam) 128k
    druid (agi stacking) 161k
    paladin 162k
    druid (mastery stacking) 163k
    warrior (1 SB per minute) 168k
    DK 169k

though im not sure if this was during the time that bears had ~4k armour more than the other classes or not, and of course if a warr is only using SB once a minute their is something very wrong. so i'd go with the order being pali, warr, druid~dk

Deleted
    Tbh I love my paladin. Dodge at around 11%, parry at around 12% and block around 52%. WoG glyphed, Seal of Insight Glyphed and with some nice Vengeance if I'm lucky I have 2 45k crits in 1.5 seconds.

And since I also heal it all depends, which mobs does he choose to CC and which mobs does he choose to kill first? Does he use his cooldowns a lot or only on bosses?
    Tho I have to say, when I'm healing a DK sometimes it seems they just dont get any damage. Then I just stand there, casting no heals for like 10 seconds.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gexu View Post
    I normaly prefer palas, seen more than 1 pala that could take altairus HC from 10% and down at his
    own hand, coz of the selfhealing and protection. I was dps at that time.

I least prefer warriors if they dont know when to pop cooldowns, be aware of adds and so on.
    Haha, I recognize this. Few days ago when I was tanking my group wiped at around 65% or so at Altarius (sp?) and I managed to stay alive for a full 4 minutes or so (not using LoH) with WoG, Seal of Insight and Holy Radiance. At some point I thought I could actually solo kill him, but it just took waaaaaaayyy to long and his breath thing started to do more damage then I could heal.

Also, that last boss in heroic Lost City (the guy you can't hit in first phase with caster and meelee adds?) It's quite easy as a prot paladin to solo it with a Resto Shaman. Just heal yourself or the Shaman, the shaman never goos oom if he gets hit a few times because of the adds.