Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tanks Queuing Up then Leaving

This issue has been occurring more and more often, and it's an issue I feel that needs to be addressed. We see tanks selling heroic queues because people can't find something to do during the 40 minute waits. I could farm a stack of heavy savage leather in 40 minutes, sounds like a great time to make money while waiting. I'll get a heroic to pop and then see 3, 4, sometimes 5 tanks in a row decline. It's irritating and I feel it's an abuse of the LFD system. I'm not too sure there's anything Blizzard can even do about it either.

I understand that you can always grab a guildie tank, but that excuse gets old as you don't always have a guildie tank online. And not everyone can roll a tank class and go tank spec, otherwise we'd have nothing but druids and pallies running around. What are your thoughts on this latest trend?
    Last edited by pionock; 2011-01-16 at 12:24 AM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really annoying. One of our guild tanks does it to try to random into an instance already in progress, and I want to reach through the screen and smack him every time. lol

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed a lot of DPS paying tanks to queue with them, then the queue pops, tank declines and leaves, and that dps is now at the front of the queue. It is abuse in a sense, but there's nothing Blizzard can do unless they make a dungeon cooldown for those who are away when the dungeon pops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljaser View Post
    That's not the stables. That's the smell of a hundred heroes of the Alliance who haven't washed their undergarments in 6 years.

So what's your issue exactly? Tanks declining on the readycheck or tanks leaving in the start? My RL friend surpasses your needs any day, of course I will give him a boost into a heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I saw someone paying for tanks to do this in trade chat last night: "LF tank to que for heroic group 30g, you can leave right after que."

I agree that something might need to be done, though I have no idea what.

Deleted
    Can't blame him xD. Just play a Tank if you don't want to wait (or a healer(you'll have to wait 5 mins if you do))

The issue has nothing to do with the amount of wait it takes. I don't mind waiting 30-40 minutes for a que pop, I can do archeology or farming or just afk and listen to podcasts. The issue is dps entering the que and leapfrogging over the other people who are similarly waiting, just because they got someone to que up for a second and leave.

I play a shaman, Enhance spec, and I do roll heals for this specific reason (also in case I have to heal in raids in case of absences). My waits aren't terribly long either. But the whole thing about "roll a tank and stop QQing" is getting annoying because we all don't play tanks and Valor Points and Justice Points aren't transferable between toons. I don't do heroics because they're just the bee knees. I just feel something needs to be done, like a cooldown if you leave when the queue pops. Maybe not a 30 minute deserter, but 15 minutes would be alright.

Capitalism at its finest.

Greed, for lack of a better word - is good.

Once you finally realize that you want to do something about this situation instead of just complaining about it, then you'll either start to make real friendly with the local tanks, or roll a tank yourself. Or find another way to pass your time.

you're literally complaining about one tank swapping out for another. big deal. I do this. my guildies get free insta queues because I just pop in and then leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    I saw someone paying for tanks to do this in trade chat last night: "LF tank to que for heroic group 30g, you can leave right after que."
    Only 30g? On my server tanks get payed 300g for giving dps'ers instant ques

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    you're literally complaining about one tank swapping out for another. big deal. I do this. my guildies get free insta queues because I just pop in and then leave.
    I see what you mean Shinshiva. I think what some folks are trying to say is that is not what the LFG should be used for that's all. And your point I can see too. All in all we don't really have to wait that long for another tank to pop in if the first one leaves.

The reason why tanks always leave the queue is because as a tank, its easy to get your heroic done in 5 - 10 minutes

1. Queue up (instant)

2. when the queue pops up, if it says the group is ready, leave the queue and requeue (instant lol)

3. requeue and leave repeatedly until you get one thats "in progress"

4. Join the one thats in progress and most likely theyre on the 2rd, 3rd, some cases last boss which results in saving time. If if its a bad group thats hopeless, pull the whole room and leave anyway. Just requeue again in 15 minutes.
    Last edited by bigsandwich732; 2011-01-16 at 06:24 AM.

The big problem I and others have is not that you can get a tank almost immediately. It's that the other dps are just leapfrogging past the lines of the thousands of other dps and healers that have been waiting for 30-40 minutes already. This just increases their time to wait even more. So what are you going to say now? Well just get a tank to do it for you so you don't have to wait? Is this what Blizzard wants to become common practice in the game? For you to grab a tank so he can queue and leave? Sounds about as unintentional as Tol Barad win sharing after they implemented the 1800 honor reward for attackers, which got hotfixed.

Deleted
    How are they leapfrogging if they have to wait for a tank regardless?

Deleted
    That once happened 6 times in a row. I was more amused than anything.

What annoys me is those people that accept the invitaion and then don't come but fly around in Eastern Plaguelands. After the almighty Sir Tank decided he still had things to do for the next 15 minutes I was out of there faster than you can say "douche".

I thought that if someone from your party declined the invite, the whole party was removed from the queue. If thats not how it is, thats how it should be. Doesn't stop them from dropping out once inside, but maybe the GMs should keep an eye on people who get the deserter debuff too often.

Deleted
    increase requirements in raids for tanks/healers to be in line with the requirements for heroics?

40 Minutes is very excessive and you can't just "log on and do a heroic". You have to budget 2+ hours for a heroic.

I'm a tank/healer in an active 25 man guild. I don't have problem, but 40 minutes and not guaranteed results is meh.

OP is a bit slow?

eventho the tank leaves you still get a quicker que the 1st wich made you enter wouldnt have been the same time as when the tanked would have stayed
    AND you get put infront of the que after.

instead op making a topic and whine you should thank those tanks because they just saved you 10mins and gave you another place to the nothing instead of orgrimar/sw (altho you could always portal out so you can idle on your know location)

so cry more for something that looks akward but still quickens your que!

lack of tanks will continue until the next tier lvl, hell i dont even do runs without a guild healer even if guildies need valors , cba to instance anymore

I queue others instantly if they ask me (Guildies only of course). But I enjoy waiting for queues on my 2 alts and don't mind it!