Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go with your idea OP, druids still are a fun class to play. Easy to change another role if your current eventually bores you. If you aint bothered by FOTM or the PVP nerfs.. whats holding you on the forum? You could have been level 43 by now. (according to NASA calculations & heirlooms)

If the roots nerf goes through, you will see less than 5 percent of druids playing feral in pvp because the class will be worse than ret paladins were back in vanilla. If you plan on doing pvp as feral, roll something else.. you will never be able to be competetive doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxley View Post
    Go with your idea OP, druids still are a fun class to play. Easy to change another role if your current eventually bores you. If you aint bothered by FOTM or the PVP nerfs.. whats holding you on the forum? You could have been level 43 by now. (according to NASA calculations & heirlooms)
    Waiting for a lazy brother to refill a subscription, as per our agreement. Or else I wouldn't even be on these forums. /wink

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadedglory View Post
    If the roots nerf goes through, you will see less than 5 percent of druids playing feral in pvp because the class will be worse than ret paladins were back in vanilla. If you plan on doing pvp as feral, roll something else.. you will never be able to be competetive doing it.
    *nods* I'll do PvP as resto/ballance. I can still be an effective PvE feral deeps, I suppose.

Deleted
    Feral druids will be as strong in pvp as they're supposed to be. They will not be as strong as they are now, but it also doesn't take a genius to figure out why that's the whole plan of it.

Never let any recent changes dictate what you want to play as. Instead either just accept it, or try to be reasonable about why a change is happening.

I'm going to continue with my plans of rolling a druid. Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. /salute

Quote Originally Posted by Berkan View Post
    Feral druids will be as strong in pvp as they're supposed to be. They will not be as strong as they are now, but it also doesn't take a genius to figure out why that's the whole plan of it.

Never let any recent changes dictate what you want to play as. Instead either just accept it, or try to be reasonable about why a change is happening.
    Never PvP'd with a Feral Druid, huh? This change is the equivalent to a Warrior no longer having charge.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike kittens and teddies ...Tree's are boring and moonkin's look slow...:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-woofy View Post
    I was thinking about rolling a worgen feral druid for the lore reasons and the theme of an all natural character (Doesn't use any mounts besides his own travel forms), until I saw the nerfs ahead for feral (or all druids) in 4.0.6.

Should I still even bother with having a feral druid, or a druid in general? Should I just roll one and be resto? I'm kind of at a loss here... I mean, I love the idea of a feral druid, but the mobility nerf looks rather painful for PvP (And yes, I did want to PvP...eventually.)

Suggestions?
    sorry if it's already been said - too tired to read other posters replies.

Sounds to me like you were planning to roll feral simply because pre 4.0.6 bleeds kick ass - a bit like a FotM reroller would... That seems to be the factor that puts you off, despite you saying your primary reason was for theme/lore reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    sorry if it's already been said - too tired to read other posters replies.

Sounds to me like you were planning to roll feral simply because pre 4.0.6 bleeds kick ass - a bit like a FotM reroller would... That seems to be the factor that puts you off, despite you saying your primary reason was for theme/lore reasons.
    No, I was going to roll one because I haven't really played much since Cata's release, and I want to level something to see all the new content. And the lore reasons/theme of my worgen druid fit what I want to accomplish the most. I hadn't even realized there was a problem with them or w/e until I started researching druids more.

What about a CC class with nice survivability? Frost Mage/ Hunter, right? I could get the same aspect of all natural going with a hunter, I have the capability to save up for a Sandstone Drake...

It just beefs that Druids got nerfed so badly when I was finally starting to get interested in them lorewise. I draw out the history of my character before I roll them, and that's what is fun to me. But now they kind of stunted the progression of a fairly fun idea that I was going to continue with as a worgen Druid.

Are they still viable in PvE? I can deal with that.
    Roll a Shaman? Can't really get more "natural" than druids or shamans. I have two 85's a resto/enhance shammy and a bear/cat druid. I mainly play PvE with both chars and do very well with both (even though most shamans cry were too weak, and most non-shamans do the same).

As for druid, bears are getting a large damage nerf soon, but it looks worse than it is imo. My bear can keep up with a lot of dps classes, which is just too much, so after the patch they will have tank numbers in dps, w/o much difference in actual tanking. Cats are very high dps as well, though a lot of melee are currently frowned upon in raids. However, people make it sound worse than it is, so as long as your raid group isnt really melee heavy you shoul be ok as cat.

For shamans, ele is kinda weak. Enhance is pretty decent, and will be recieving a decent buff next patch so they should be pretty legit in terms of dps. Resto shammy (which is my real main raiding class/spec) is deemed the 3rd worst/the worst healing class in the game, but I call BS on that since not only do I keep up with every other healer, but I also fill the shaman niche of AE heals very very well. Althouh I dont PvP very much, I hear shaman is pretty OP in pvp, and the little PvP i've done doesn't really refute that.

In the end the class you choose is your decision, and remember that even though it may be nerfed now, it may not be next month. Though if you really want to go down the natural path I can't really suggest anything better than a class that can turn into animals/uses plants for thier spells, or the class that are the masters of the elements.

I did/didn't.... they're getting buff-nerfed. They won't have the mobility, but many of the spells they use are getting buffed. BUT, I don't want to be a laser-bird T-T
    how is boomkin mobility getting nerfed? did I miss something?

boomkin is the only form that will break roots :/