Yes, Rift Looks Great But

How can so many people draw conclusions on the fact that it is better or worse than WoW. I am personally excited for the game but I don't think anyone know if it is better or worse.

It is upsetting me reading all the Rift forums and seeing everybody declare Rifts status vs. WoW.

I say you can not know until the game is released!

10+ Year Old Account
    Many other games tried and failed to "Kill" wow.
    And many more will come to try.

Hellgate london, Star trek online, Aion, Dc and marvel mmo's. Guild wars, Lord of the rings, Warhammer.
    They all die or only barely make enough money to keep running.

Ever-quest 2 is wow's only competition as ever-quest started this entire mmo market.

Star wars might do fine but If the gameplay sucks it will be just like star trek.
    The controls the immersion the comedy that wow has is matched by no other mmo.
    They all feel stale and your character handles like a rusty shopping cart.

Wows engine stability wise and the way it feels just blows any other mmo away. The next game to accomplish this will be "Titan".

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Many other games tried and failed to "Kill" wow.
    And many more will come to try.

Hellgate london, Star trek online, Aion, Dc and marvel mmo's. Guild wars, Lord of the rings, Warhammer.
    They all die or only barely make enough money to keep running.

Ever-quest 2 is wow's only competition as ever-quest started this entire mmo market.

Star wars might do fine but If the gameplay sucks it will be just like star trek.
    The controls the immersion the comedy that wow has is matched by no other mmo.
    They all feel stale and your character handles like a rusty shopping cart.

excuse me? DC did NOT fail - look at the playerbase for just a 3 day released game so far.

as for old republic, do you have BETA? NO? YES? if No, then dont JUDGE, if yes then I'm sorry but you FAIL at seeing the gameplay at the maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyfreak View Post
    excuse me? DC did NOT fail - look at the playerbase for just a 3 day released game so far.

where can i look at the player base, do you have any numbers (verified sources) ?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no black and white line on what game is better or worse than wow. It's all in your personal opinion.

If a game is fun, keeps you occupied and you enjoy it, then that is the best game at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyfreak View Post

as for old republic, do you have BETA? NO? YES? if No, then dont JUDGE, if yes then I'm sorry but you FAIL at seeing the gameplay at the maximum.
    Where are your sources? Soy, teriyaki?

You call me fail but forget your ' in don't.

Anyone playing aforementioned failed mmo's is still playing wow as well.
    The movement controls and shity gameplay make for terrible games that just have pretty graphics.

I like the fact that their PvP is more balanced around the 4 PvP classes each arch-type can get. Will be far easier to balance that then messing around with PvE damage and PvP Damage like WoW does.

There's already a Rifts thread in the forum.