Poll: Who do you choose to play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thumbs up DC Universe Online Vs Old Republic.

Which do you choose?

Personally i, myself say DCUO -
    although Star wars old republic looks promising and is still not released - you can still judge both by youtube videos.
    post away!
    Last edited by freakyfreak; 2011-01-16 at 03:34 AM.

Old Republic isn't out yet so this isn't the best question to be asking at the current moment.

Haven't played DCUO yet though so I have no clue how that game is.
    "And I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto him over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Picked up DC Online the other day to have a look see.

You can tell it was made with the PS3 in mind, it's really a 3rd person shooter with some MMO elements thrown in.

Looks gorgeous and the character creation options are nothing short of astounding. However, gameplay is pretty repetative and all your weapon skills work on mouse click 'combos'. So you might need to click left button twice then hold right button. In some cases you need to tap left button 10 times. You WILL kill your mouse playing this game, the amount of mouse button hammering is obscene as there is no such thing as auto attack, if you want to attack you're pounding the mouse.

The 'powers' can be pretty cool, nothing like levitating someone then levitating a car into them and healing is a lot more dynamic as you're doing damage and never have to actually target anyone to heal them (you'd never be able to on PS3).

More simplistic than WoW by a long way, it's like a very polished unreal tournament with an MMO skinned over the top. Group content isn't bad (although I've only done the lower instances) but PvP is crazy, you can actually be stunned for upwards of 30 seconds and it's all down to who's mashing their mouse the best!

SW:TOR looks more like a standard PC MMO.

So they're both entirely different games, and I suppose it comes down to whether you want a 3rdPS or a 'traditional' MMO.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

DC Universe is made by SOE. That is all.

Deleted
    Both games will be good for different kind of people. I would more a Starwars type because it will be a more serious MMO. I would love it is people who stop trying to put "game A vs. game B". You can't do it with MMORPG's because they tend to differ in a lot of ways.

Deleted
    Without having played DCUO yet (will do soon), and TOR not out for ages still, I've got to say the latter looks like it'll certainly be a more polished game with far more depth and thought put into it. However, the most important aspect - the gameplay - seems to be standard MMO fare, while the former is at least trying to change things up.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMC89 View Post
    Without having played DCUO yet (will do soon), and TOR not out for ages still, I've got to say the latter looks like it'll certainly be a more polished game with far more depth and thought put into it. However, the most important aspect - the gameplay - seems to be standard MMO fare, while the former is at least trying to change things up.
    And its pretty decent for a console port, but combat goes hand to hand with content, which DCU Online has less than a single player game.

Deleted
    Ive been playing DCUO for about 10 hours now and Im finding the combat system really annoying seeming its made for ps3 and pc I just dont like it, so I dont think I will be playing it past the 30 day trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkon View Post
    Ive been playing DCUO for about 10 hours now and Im finding the combat system really annoying seeming its made for ps3 and pc I just dont like it, so I dont think I will be playing it past the 30 day trial.

I kinda liked the combat in the beta. I had a xbox controller so it was a lot better that way, but the game has some serious flaws.

1.Terrible Chat system. Everyone, including me was begging for a better chat system on the beta forums, and they ignored us.
    2. Lacking a pure physical power set. Fire, ice and magic is all cool, but a lot of us just wanted a pure strength one. Things like super jump would have been awesome. Another thing that was on the forums for a long time. It probably still is.
    3. Way too short leveling period. If you though it was easy to level in WoW, you ain't seen nothing yet. You will reach level cap in less than a day. I have played Single player games like Mass Effect that are longer, and Mass Effect is one of Biowares shortest single player RPGs.
    4. For a game that seems so heavily focused on endgame because of the above, there is a serious lack of endgame content.

I give it a week before people are done with the good, but short quest in the game, and become very bored.