Thread: Wtb -.-

10+ Year Old Account

Wtb -.-

So I play with a gaming laptop, and for about a year and a half I've been a healer and have used a game pad and never really found myself using the keys on my keyboard due to the key-binds and such, while playing the game that is. I rolled a druid for my guild and am now our only feral dps druid. Well I started using the keyboard on my laptop and lately, due to tons of button mashing, my fingers on my left hand are starting to hurt. I was wondering if there is something, like a little pillow, haha, or something that I can put on my keys on my keyboard? I've looked on Google and found some iffy sites with full keyboards like that but I cant seem to find them anywhere and was wondering if anyone had something like that or knows where to find them. I've thought of using a glove or something but I feel like it'd hit the wrong key or something trying to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    So I play with a gaming laptop, and for about a year and a half I've been a healer and have used a game pad and never really found myself using the keys on my keyboard due to the key-binds and such, while playing the game that is. I rolled a druid for my guild and am now our only feral dps druid. Well I started using the keyboard on my laptop and lately, due to tons of button mashing, my fingers on my left hand are starting to hurt. I was wondering if there is something, like a little pillow, haha, or something that I can put on my keys on my keyboard? I've looked on Google and found some iffy sites with full keyboards like that but I cant seem to find them anywhere and was wondering if anyone had something like that or knows where to find them. I've thought of using a glove or something but I feel like it'd hit the wrong key or something trying to do that.
    You actually want the exact opposite, Try to find a Gel keyboard, or a highly sensative keyboard. The pressure you're feeling comes from pushing the keys down, and in positions you're hand is not used to can become painful over time.

Aside of changing your hardware, there's a few things you can do to help yourself. Change your keybinds. Get used to using your keyboard or change it on your gamepad to be more comfortable. Don't spam- Hitting the key harder does NOT increase your dps, infact can do the opposite in long sessions. Don't underestimate how bad rapid repetitive motions is on any part of your body for long periods of time.

Again, keyboard pillows are the LAST thing you want. These will only compound your problem. Gel keyboards are - last I checked - only $5. Other highly sensative keyboards can help as well.

For the love of god though, Use the enter key occasionally man, that's really rough to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    You actually want the exact opposite, Try to find a Gel keyboard, or a highly sensative keyboard. The pressure you're feeling comes from pushing the keys down, and in positions you're hand is not used to can become painful over time.

Aside of changing your hardware, there's a few things you can do to help yourself. Change your keybinds. Get used to using your keyboard or change it on your gamepad to be more comfortable. Don't spam- Hitting the key harder does NOT increase your dps, infact can do the opposite in long sessions. Don't underestimate how bad rapid repetitive motions is on any part of your body for long periods of time.

Again, keyboard pillows are the LAST thing you want. These will only compound your problem. Gel keyboards are - last I checked - only $5. Other highly sensative keyboards can help as well.

For the love of god though, Use the enter key occasionally man, that's really rough to read.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that enter key idea in mind next time. =P