Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Soooo, where did our selfhealing go?

I bet you all love the new Fel Armor. It's basically a rip-off VE + spellpower combined (inner fire anyone?)

Let's take a look at the Affliction tree.

Increases the amount drained by your Drain Life and Drain Soul abilities by an additional 6% for each of your Affliction effects on the target, up to a maximum of 18% additional effect.
    When you deal damage with your Corruption spell, you have a 50% chance to be healed for 2% of your total health.
    (Demonic Embrace, increases your total stamina by 10%.) This alone is better than VE.

When the Haunt spell ends or is dispelled, the soul returns to you, healing you for 100% of the damage it did to your target.
    Fel Armor has been redesigned. It now surrounds the caster with fel energy, increasing spell power and causing the warlock to be healed for 3% of any single-target spell damage he or she deals
    Do I need to say more? Affliction warlocks have ten times our healing, and on top of that they now recieve an armor similar to VE and inner fire combined. I really start to wonder what Blizzard is doing, you can't seriously mean that VE is useful in its current state? If I had the choice, I'd much rather put the talent point invested in VE somewhere else, it's that useless.

Fix your mess Blizzard and revert the VE change, I want my decent selfhealing back.

This must be a troll is a priest is talking about healing im comparison to a pure DPS class based upon passive healing

I actually agree with the OP, and think mayzy is trolling.

Spriest self healing is incredibly low. Especially compared to everyone else, and where it has been in past expansions.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

Except that Spriest still have healing spells they can cast on themselves.... a warlock doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Except that Spriest still have healing spells they can cast on themselves.... a warlock doesn't.
    Yeah, because dropping out of shadow form and casting heals that consumes your whole manabar is a good thing, amirite?

I never thought spriest self healing was that out of control to warrant the nerf to begin with. In pvp throughout wotlk, priests didn't even bother taking improved VE for the most part. Having it put at a 15% baseline would have been plenty so we can still keep a little bit of that power and warrant VE's usage. For the most part, the only reason it's even used now is because well...why not? You HAVE to take the talent regardless. If priests had the option to drop it, most would. I see nothing vampiric about the current VE when it drains such a piss poor amount that it's now beaten by healing stream totem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Are you aware warlocks have had fel armour for a long time, and the changes are actually a nerf to our self healing? Haunt has always healed us for the damage it does (6k healing after a 9~second delay? sure....) Corruption heals for nothing like what it used to. Although I'm not declining that drain life heals for a LOT, we also lack your shield or silence abilities unless we use a specific pet.

I could go on like this for a while, but I don't have the time to spare right now so I'll just say this.

Shadow priests and afflic warlocks are different classes with different benefits but quite similar in playstyle. Just because we don't have unique toolsets does not mean they are unbalanced against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    Yeah, because dropping out of shadow form and casting heals that consumes your whole manabar is a good thing, amirite?
    This. If we swap out to heal, we lose our 15% damage reduction on top of having to cast the heal (typically interrupted) and the heal is either Heal (which takes too long and heals nothing to conserve mana,) or drain out a MASSIVE chunk of mana on a flash or greater heal that by the time it's done, just heals back the amount of health we lost while casting it.

I understand why Blizzard wanted to tone down some of the self healing mechanics, but when they've been staples for years, in current form would be talented out of if able, and melee dps that just gained the tool have better self heals, something is wrong.

I'm not for or against locks as I played one from classic up until mid ICC before going spriest. I think either both need to be increased just a hair to account for ours being passive and melee have active or melee dps self heals need to be toned down just slightly to keep some of the balance. Fel armor healing is still nice through being passive and providing SP, and affliction healing is still relatively DECENT in PvE, but for the most part, both got hit HARD.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-01-16 at 06:48 AM.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Deleted
    You have disc shields you have Casted heals. Yes warlocks have alot of self healing but thats what there suppose to be like! Its a pure class that relies on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    To say that VE is useless is silly. You see this all the time in every class. Some ability gets nerfed and it becomes a 'slap in the face' or 'useless'.

As for additional self-healing in PVE, I keep PW:S on an action bar for use when necessary. Doesn't drop me out of Shadowform and can be helpful to the group healers. I guess that's technically not really healing but it serves the purpose well. The rest of the priest heals are there if I need them which, for the most part, I hardly ever do.

So really. Stop whining. Seriously.

P.S. to Selkon: Great signature. The essence of most WoW forum threads in 8 words.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-01-16 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Added PVE specifically

Ignore the people posting here that seem to be absent to Cataclysm and it changing Healing mechanics.

Shadow is in a bad state, and it is currently worse on the PTR.
    More changes will be coming, dont worry.

If Shadow's PvP Mana gets fixed a fix, however, then casting Heals will become much better.

Also, Note: All 3 of the Hybrid Casters are currently in a bad state due to the Cataclysm Healing changes near-completely breaking their major defense, so Shadow is not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    To say that VE is useless is silly. You see this all the time in every class. Some ability gets nerfed and it becomes a 'slap in the face' or 'useless'.

As for additional self-healing, I keep PW:S on an action bar for use when necessary. Doesn't drop me out of Shadowform and can be helpful to the group healers.

P.S. to Selkon: Great signature. The essence of most WoW forum threads in 8 words.
    At 6%, VE is basically useless. We get fairly rapid "heals" from it but the heals are near nothing. Personally thought 15% was the golden mark as with 25% proved too much in pvp and that combined with the ICC buff, I could just laugh at aura damage like festergut or BQL. 15% of our damage done wouldn't be breaking and would bring th heal up ya know...slightly above healing stream?

As above poster stated, self healing has always been one of the key defenses for the hybrid caster specs and even affliction warlocks. Losing it proves fairly devastating to all involved.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-01-16 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

As for additional self-healing, I keep PW:S on an action bar for use when necessary. Doesn't drop me out of Shadowform and can be helpful to the group healers.

Yep, I never claimed affliction was OP. I suggest you start reading again and come up with some non biased arguement.

VE is useless when it ticks for 100 health on geared target. Like seriously...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkon View Post
    You have disc shields you have Casted heals. Yes warlocks have alot of self healing but thats what there suppose to be like! Its a pure class that relies on this.
    our shields heal for little to nothing and our heals either take ridiculously long to cast or eat our mana like potato chips...or both. not to menton as mentionned above, they are interruptable. So basically, the only healing we have is mostly for after fights. Now affliction has amazing self-healing, an out of combat cast that regenerates almost all their health(no mana cost). Doesnt matter whether you're for spriests and against afflic locks or vice versa. Spriest self-healing(main source of healing) is pathetic atm. period.
    Last edited by bajerman; 2011-01-16 at 07:00 AM.

1st of all demon aegis will buff fel armours healing to 6% of dmg caused. Lets not be to picky here tho. If you bothered to read patch noes ur shield will give 300% more absorptian. warlocks Have a shield from voidwalker on a 1min cooldown thats 9.2k *bases on 7.6k SP* giving up silence which u still have. O yes mana cost for the majority of your spells is being reduced mana efficeny shouldnt be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabetank View Post
    1st of all demon aegis will buff fel armours healing to 6% of dmg caused. Lets not be to picky here tho. If you bothered to read patch noes ur shield will give 300% more absorptian. warlocks Have a shield from voidwalker on a 1min cooldown thats 9.2k *bases on 7.6k SP* giving up silence which u still have. O yes mana cost for the majority of your spells is being reduced mana efficeny shouldnt be a problem.
    Yeah, silence with a 45 sec CD with no lockout ability, compared to spell lock and counter spell. And nowhere I see mana cost reductions for shadow or a 300% stronger shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I never claimed affliction was OP. I suggest you start reading again and come up with some non biased arguement.

VE is useless when it ticks for 100 health on geared target. Like seriously...
    I didn't say anything whatsoever about warlocks, affliction or otherwise. So advising me to start reading is mildly amusing.

Yeah, silence with a 45 sec CD with no lockout ability, compared to spell lock and counter spell. And nowhere I see mana cost reductions for shadow or a 300% stronger shield.
    The 300% stronger shield change I thought got reverted. It was in the patch notes but then seemed to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabetank View Post

None of that changes the fact that healing is a waste of gcd and spriests still have a minor hybrid tax, or that nerfing VE from 15 to 6% was totally unnecessary in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The 300% stronger shield change I thought got reverted. It was in the patch notes but then seemed to disappear.
    The 30% on the first-tier Discipline talent got reverted, not the PW:S Buff.