Poll: portal groups that don't break dungeon queues

A fix to the travel problem

If my mage were not in 45 minute dungeon queues, or if I could port people while I wait, I would port people around the map.

Solution: Allow mages to create a 'portal group' that would not break a dungeon queue. And allow mage to set a price to join the group, paid when group invite is accepted, to solve the problem of mages getting ripped off by griefers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually sounds very smart.! Although i have a feeling some people will exploit that mechanic a bit
    I know but one thing, that i know nothing

I actually like the sound of this, just don't know how blizz would implement it right.

you can either make 5-10g doing portals or you can sit in queue and get ~100g for your patience (more if you do dailies while you wait! )

Or do a guildrun and just do it really fast.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Other games already have a better system of this, called translocate, where you teleport the target and they don't have to be in your group, think of it like a targeted buff. Then there would just have to be an easy "Do you accept this teleport to X?" dialog box deal to avoid sending someone to Dal when they wanted org.

Deleted
    Sounds good actually, but people will sure exploit it in some kind of way

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... we have portals to all currently relevant zones, not THAT long travel time to/from major cities. So this "travel" problem you speak of...where is it? o.O
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Uhm... we have portals to all currently relevant zones, not THAT long travel time to/from major cities. So this "travel" problem you speak of...where is it? o.O
    I believe he's referring to the fact that, if you're a Mage sitting in a dungeon queue, you can't invite people to your group to give them a Portal while you wait without losing your place in the queue (since joining a group knocks you out of the queue).

Quote Originally Posted by souplix View Post
    Other games already have a better system of this, called translocate, where you teleport the target and they don't have to be in your group, think of it like a targeted buff. Then there would just have to be an easy "Do you accept this teleport to X?" dialog box deal to avoid sending someone to Dal when they wanted org.
    Or just randomly porting people as you pass by lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realized that, I just wanted to point out that a) people seriously don't NEED mage portals anymore. And b) misleading thread name.

Also, portals were meant to be "Hey! 39/24/9/4 of us are in [major city], but [major city #2] is closer to the raid/dungeon! The mage can port us!"
    I doubt that it was Blizzard's intention to add a secure, foolproof money-making ability to a CLASS, thereby giving mages an unfair advantage.
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2011-01-16 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Overabundance of 'seriously' -.-
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Who uses mage portals anymore?

I realized that, I just wanted to point out that a) people seriously don't NEED mage portals anymore. And b) misleading thread name.

Also, portals were meant to be "Hey! 39/24/9/4 of us are in [major city], but [major city #2] is closer to the raid/dungeon! The mage can port us!"
    I doubt that it was Blizzard's intention to add a secure, foolproof money-making ability to a CLASS, thereby giving mages an unfair advantage.
    Of course no one NEEDS mage portals. That doesn't mean they're not incredibly handy. It saves time, especially since Dalaran and Shattrath don't have portals to the major cities anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Or just randomly porting people as you pass by lol.
    Haha! You look like you could use some cold weather, to ironforge you go! Sir or madam, you seem angry, go fight with orcs in orgrimar! All thanks to your friendly neighborhood mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    I see tons of people asking for some in trade chat every day.

Deleted
    Of course they did, these are mages? E.g. the class that can spec Frost... blizzard's favourite spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarman View Post
    Of course they did, these are mages? E.g. the class that can spec Frost... blizzard's favourite spec
    So, here's the deal. I tried to go ONE day without participating in a thread that ended up with QQ/statements with no basis in fact. Thank you for making me try again tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason to have this implemented. You already have the advantage of being a class that can take payment for using a skill, why should they make it easier for you? Also even if they would want to implement it, it would go so far down the priority list that it wouldn't come for 1-2 expansions.

the premise of the post is that people want portals and they are not available; that is a scarcity problem (if you like economics). if you don't agree with the obvious premise of the post, move along troll. find a thread where there is a discussion about travel being too easy.

The problem was making mage portals limited to party use in the first place.

In fact, you should be able to port into hostile cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    can't go 2 minutes without someone asking for a port on trade chat. and typically, no mages are around or available.