Deleted

Does the Tier11 Penance buff stack?

Out of curisocity, does the 'spirit' buff on the priest Tier11 stack on every Penance tick?

Would have posted a pic of the description, but I'm not allowed to.

(4): Set: Each time your Penance spell heals a target with Weakened Soul you gain 540 Spirit for 10 sec.

Will 1 Penance (3 ticks) give:
    - 540 Spirit for 10 sec?
    - 1620 Spirit for 10 sec?
    - 540 Spirit for 30sec?
    - 1620 Spirit for 30sec?

//Ash
    Last edited by mmocbd5937c372; 2011-01-16 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    nope that wont work ;-)

Deleted
    Damn...

I just found the description a little confusing, as it actually heals the target 3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolletobak View Post
    Damn...

I just found the description a little confusing, as it actually heals the target 3 times
    The good news is it will refresh after the last tick, meaning, with zero haste, you'll have a 2sec window to recast Penance for 100% uptime. This is yet another piece of evidence that the developers wish Disc to take a primary tank healing role.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    The good news is it will refresh after the last tick, meaning, with zero haste, you'll have a 2sec window to recast Penance for 100% uptime. This is yet another piece of evidence that the developers wish Disc to take a primary tank healing role.
    The bad news is that you need to ensure your penance lands on a target with weakened soul, which may require additional coordination for timing given WS reduction via SoS. Holy's maintenance of uptime is completely trivial by comparison.

Edit: Now that the minimum duration for Holy's uptime is 60 seconds, it would be nice if the duration for disc were boosted similarly. Though actually it's not so much that disc has a more difficult time in maintaining it than they should so much as it's just too easy for holy.

Deleted
    The PvP priest 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. When Power Word: Shield is cast on the priest, movement speed reduction effects are temporally suppressed for 4 seconds.

Hmmm? Thoughts on this?

I'm sorry, but every single post you make relates to you thinking Disc should primarily be tank healers. I have just cringed a little to myself every time you say this and decide to overlook it, but I just wanted to say that disc is GREAT... and I mean... great at raid healing. I continually out perform our holy priest when being on tank duty because I can easily keep them + half the raid up. Pre shielding (and no, not JUST for rapture) is still viable, and disc priests who aren't doing it are not playing to their full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by shaa View Post
    I'm sorry, but every single post you make relates to you thinking Disc should primarily be tank healers. I have just cringed a little to myself every time you say this and decide to overlook it, but I just wanted to say that disc is GREAT... and I mean... great at raid healing. I continually out perform our holy priest when being on tank duty because I can easily keep them + half the raid up. Pre shielding (and no, not JUST for rapture) is still viable, and disc priests who aren't doing it are not playing to their full potential.
    I'd go out on a limb and say if you consistantly outperform your holy priest...that it's his problem and not your spec. If by outperform you mean "beat on healing by 1%" then sure, keep your statement. If you're quite a bit ahead of him, then he is just not as good as you are and it isn't really a statement on disc as a whole just because you do better than one holy priest.

I agree with you on the disc being a great raid healing spec, but every class/spec can manage that pretty well now so it's a good thing disc is included. When people ask for "tank healers" and "raid healers" for raids in trade chat I facepalm everytime.

Yes, but disc IS better at tank healing than holy, and if you are raid healing as disc, you're not using the spec to it's full potential. Can disc shell out some serious AoE healing? Yes they can, but they are even better at tank healing. Pally's are decent raid healers to, but would you make them raid heal? I don't know about you, but I really don't want to go back to being a shield bot.

You are also forgetting the nerf to PoH which will hurt disc quite a bit.

From a pure, turreted perspective, holy mathematically outperforms disc for raid healing. I made a post proving this about two or three weeks ago.

From a more practical standpoint, holy outperforms disc at raid healing. This is compounded even more as the party size increases [5mans-10mans-25mans]. Disc must be turreted to keep a high level of output. This is a fairly substantial problem for fights like Atramedes. Disc also requires that damage patterns tick on the entire raid to reach full potential. This is a substantial problem for fights like Chimaeron. Anyone who does not take damage within 12secs of being hit with PoH reduces the effectiveness of that heal by up to 40%.

Given equal item budget, skill, and latency, a holy priest will always out perform a disc priest on raid healing both theoretically and practically.

Does that mean Disc cannot raid heal? No, of course not. Its just that Disc's preferred role is tank healing because the vast, vast majority of their talents are centered around single target throughput.

Like Scandore said, a paladin can raid heal. A paladin can outperform a holy priest while raid healing. However, given equal item budget, skill, and latency, a holy priest will outperform a paladin every time because of the talents and tools at their disposal. A holy priest can tank heal. A holy priest can outperform a paladin while tank healing. However, given equal item budget, skill, and latency, a paladin will outperform a holy priest every time because of the talents and tools at their disposal. Therefore, a wise RL will put his or her paladin on the tank and his or her holy priest on the raid in order to maximize each healer's potential.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who does not take damage within 8secs of being hit with PoH reduces the effectiveness of that heal by up to 40%.
    The DA buff lasts for 12 seconds, not 8. It's quite a substantial difference so I felt I had to point it out. Good post otherwise.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense. Heal is useless as disc, so you spamming flash heals? Goodbye mana. If you are outhealing the holy priest on raid heals, its because he sucks. It's just mathematically not possible. And ur bubble.... yes those are great. But that doesn't give you healing done, so I really don't see how you beat him.
    Last edited by iLLFluenT; 2011-01-18 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The DA buff lasts for 12 seconds, not 8. It's quite a substantial difference so I felt I had to point it out. Good post otherwise.
    Yup, my fault. Fix'd post.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iLLFluenT View Post
    And ur bubble.... yes those are great. But that doesn't give you healing done, so I really don't see how you beat him.
    All absorbs burned are now properly attributed as healing done as of Cataclysm.