Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We did this last weekend. It only took a couple of hours one night for 10 85s to do all achievs except for the very last one (and that was without anyone really knowing the fights going in). We've still got to get "one light in the dark" done, due to the fact that we had to go away and read up on the actual fight.. It's not one you want to walk into blind

I've led groups for both 10 and 25 man and the only problem is Razorscale and Yogg-saron.

Razorscale is just patience, but yogg can give you a couple of wipes, make sure to go through tactics here.
    First try we got atleast 20 mobs in p1 :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Did the 25m meta a little while ago, and it is very easy, but you will still need to know boss mechanics somewhat for some fights. Like getting onto snow on Hodir to avoid getting frozen etc.

Vezax can also surprise your healers if they do not know how to deal with 0 mana regen.

Yogg is probably the hardest one of them, but even he is not that bad at 85, as long as people have a slight clue as to what they need to do to avoid insanity.

In the pug we did it in, we did yogg+1 and used Freya, so we had sanity regen.

Your average tank is so well geared that he can easily handle quite a few adds in the last phase, so you will probably find it easier to just let the tanks taunt the adds away from the boss, and just let all dps nuke Yogg down.

I did Ulduar 25 drake run at 85 a few days ago with a bunch of pugs. The only things that gave us trouble were XT's tantrums, and Vezax is still somewhat tough because of 0 mana regen. We tried zero lights, but as expected you can't out-gear it, We had people hitting clouds, and with 100 of them out at once all those volleys still hurt, going insane also screws you over...so we just send freya down. Phase 3, even if it was at 0 lights, is a joke, we had a lot of those adds on our tanks and they were taking hardly any damage, just gotta tank em away from Yogg. We even 1 shot algalon with just 17 of us, only thing you gotta do right is have someone soak the big bangs.
    Last edited by soulkeeperx; 2011-01-17 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    I did Ulduar 25 drake run at 85 a few days ago with a bunch of pugs. The only things that gave us trouble were XT's tantrums, and Vezax is still somewhat tough because of 0 mana regen. We tried zero lights, but as expected you can't out-gear it. We had people hitting clouds, and with 100 of them out at once all those volleys still hurt, going insane also screws you over. We even 1 shot algalon with just 17 of us, only thing you gotta do right is have someone soak the big bangs.
    are you on dunemaul eu?

Deleted
    I did this about 3 weeks ago on my alt and it works fine, though if you're playing with unexperienced players Yogg-Saron may require some whipes before you're able to kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal-strike View Post
    Just asking this question as i would like to get my glory ach and the drake sometime soon.

P.S. Sorry for the typo in the title ^^
    Here's a thought, try it. You'll find out 10mins. in whether or not it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by doomslay View Post
    are you on dunemaul eu?
    no, Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Furykin View Post
    You could faceroll ulduar for the glory achievement at 80, I can't see why 5 levels would make the dungeon more difficult.
    This. Took my last guild like a week to do Ulduar before 4.01 hit. Most of them had never been there even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    no, Bronzebeard
    Ah, we did the exact same run ending with algalon with 17 of us haha.. sounds like you had a very similar raid and ran into the same problems.

I know this was about Ulduar but LK devouring plague is more challenging. The solution we found was to have people run off then get cleansed, then just burn down the shamblings when we get to phase 1.5. Essentially ignore the whole point of the mechanic. Otherrwise only LK gave us a hangup in ICC, everything was either one shot or 2 shot, and thats with 9 guys who have never been there.

Deleted
    I see peeople pugging it all the time and they seem be to able to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar =\= ICC
    01/01/07 since backwards threads reading / "The day EU trolled Blizzard". 22/02/11 Peace out.

It can actually be a little bit more difficult seeing as how lvl 85 healers run out of mana much more quickly. Just be careful and play smart like you did when running it back in 3.1
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Deleted
    extremly facerollable. but the dwarf one is still annoying tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0 View Post
    I thought infest was easier with the higher health pools, it auto falls off?

should make it easier if anything
    ^- This. Infest actually doesnt do anything as long as you keep raid topped. That instant damage won't take anyone below 90%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0 View Post
    I thought infest was easier with the higher health pools, it auto falls off?

should make it easier if anything
    Try heroic LK with a tank that has 180k HP (with the buff). Its really easy to get it off everyone except the tanks, because they keep getting hit for a lot by the adds and LK, and with reduced healing (relative to health pools) its really a lot harder to get it off the tanks before the damage gets too much to heal.

We had our tank switch out as much tank gear as he could while still being some-what close to the caps, put on some DPS trinkets etc. When he had 'just' 115K HP it became a lot easier.