Thread: PvP Gear Levels

Deleted

PvP Gear Levels

My arena partner has been away this week so i have been doing 3v3 with randoms, now i have always been affliction my usual arena partner is new to arean like myself so we are just lerning by trial and error, i hve felt that as affliction i lack damage when the enemy player is down to 20% hp i havent the burst to take it out the healer usualy get a heal off just in time.

Now these randoms told me to swap to my destro spec as it is less gear dependant than affliction, so i did it and it immediatly felt as though i was doing more damage the chunks of hp lost were noticable.

The thing is i love affliction and whish to play it in arena what are deent gear levels for affliction to put out the damage needed in 2k+ ratings

ATM im in full PvP blues

5768 Spell Power
    4% haste
    4% hit
    248 spell pen
    9% crit
    11.5% mastery

Deleted
    hm im in full blues to with some epic offparts and weapon!

7500 sp(selfbuffed)
    8 % haste + 3 % dark intent
    4 % hit
    200 spell pene(i think 195 is cap, so why go for 248)
    12% crit
    9 % mastery

Deleted
    Link ur armory? :P

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...loscope/simple

those stats were with no buffs even fel armor on at all and succubus out so no pet buffs

just got staff ;-)

Deleted
    Damn im pissed that i didnt take staff... when the offhand enchant nerf comes staff might be better then 1h + offhand. Also noticed that everyone seems to have more resi then i do
    Last edited by mmoc5818d51e0a; 2011-01-16 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typos

Deleted
    yea i went for both resi trinkets for dgm reduction, prob why my sp is low on paper

Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    Damn im pissed that i didnt take staff... when the offhand enchant nerf comes staff might be better then 1h + offhand. Also noticed that everyone seems to have more resi then i do
    Yeah wondering if I should wait and buy the staff or get the MH now, and the OH wednesday.

Deleted
    there aint much in it, and staffs look better ;-)

The resistance from mage armor stacks with other effects, so stacking with a paladin aura can give a value of upto 195+44=239.
    Therefore the 248 is allowing for a worse case scenario, not likely but still if realistic to obtain something worth preparing for.

Deleted
    As affliction your main job is actually the immense pressure you can put on the other team with multidotting 3 targets. Not so much finishing off. Though you do have Drain Soul as a very nice execute for that and it works through pillars

Make sure to have their healer on focus and spell lock/lolcoil or catch him and the other guy in a howl of terror and then Drain Soul on the main target who is below 25% for a quick kill.

Destruction is another playstyle and works good for single targets, but is easily gimped by dispels/interrupts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnerd View Post
    As affliction your main job is actually the immense pressure you can put on the other team with multidotting 3 targets. Not so much finishing off. Though you do have Drain Soul as a very nice execute for that and it works through pillars

Make sure to have their healer on focus and spell lock/lolcoil or catch him and the other guy in a howl of terror and then Drain Soul on the main target who is below 25% for a quick kill.

Destruction is another playstyle and works good for single targets, but is easily gimped by dispels/interrupts.

Just make sure your team is communicating. If you rely on CC and you have rolling dots on all 3 enemies then CC that requires not taking any damage is moot. I figured this out the hard way
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin