Thread: [Music] Dubstep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Any musicians here will understand this, but i'm really not a fan of Dubstep, but at the same time am intriuged by it endlessly. Its so wrong in so many ways, but i admire that someone would go to such lengths to absolubtly ruin a sound.

fav. song is mad - magnetic man. One of the best examples of ruin sounds that just makes my head want to pop.
    Where I come from, fag means cigarette.

Nothing is better than sybreed in my book. I always listen to them when I pvp.
    Last edited by soradakey; 2011-01-16 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Typo

And here I thought I was the only schmuck who listened to DubStep when they played WoW. I listen to it when I'm doing StarCraft 2 design (whenever the hell that is).

Listening to this right now. Latest vid on UKFDubstep's channel (an awesome channel to subscribe to might I add)

Quote Originally Posted by RayuEU View Post
    <Music style> is too boring for me. It's always the same. You can't really do much with it other than <style-specific feature> which makes it boring after a couple of listens.

Goes for pretty much every music style you don't like really. If you love dubstep you can tell the difference between bad wubs and good wubs in the same way you can prefer Beethoven over Mozart or Lady Gaga over Justin Bieber.
    Wrong. With dubstep the only thing you will have that might offer some variety is the pitch and the melody of the wubs (which is awfully limiting in with this sound) whereas with other genres you ARE able to add variety to these styles simply because the sound allows you to.

And I'm sure there is good ad bad wubs but that doesn't mean it isn't a limiting genre to the artist. The whole genre is a hype (like jump-style was) and I hope it ends soon. It makes good artists go bad.

Deleted

[Music] Dubstep

Hey fella MMO-Chams!

I saw the thread about listening to dubstep while doing PvP, and since I do like both Dubstep and PvP so I thought we could put up a list of the Dubstep YOU enjoy, Hard Dubstep or more smooth/soft

Me, personal like Hard Dubstep, it's so freaking awesome it give me eargasm everytime.

Bar 9 - Piano Tune
    Quantum Dubstep
    Youtube it, its awesome!

Now, spam the thread with Dubstep, I need to expand my Dubstep list!

What the hell is "dubsteb" ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    it seems kinda flavour of the month at the moment, or its relatively new. im no expert on exactly what it is, as opposed to drum n bass or breakcore. im mainly a black/death metal and grindcore guy, but ive been looking into it a little, but been too busy to make much headway yet.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.modestep.co.uk/live/ right now.Awesome show every sunday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFu2DfPDGeU
    Right now my favorite song in the genre!

I'm a huge dubstep fan so I'm not gonna post every great track I know but here's my 5 most favorite (random order).

Midnight - Bar9
    Innocence - Nero
    Pro nails - Rusko (remix)
    Heads will roll - Dirrrtydisko (remix)
    Not over yet - Skream (remix)

Could easily come up with a hundred more, maybe another time.

Deleted
    I love dubstep. Gorestep is nice too (borgore).

Skrillex is one of my favourites! Check him out!

Quote Originally Posted by Eater_of_birds View Post
    it seems kinda flavour of the month at the moment
    Ok, I knew this point would come. And here it is. Dubstep is NOT the flavor of the month. Not even close. It has been around for a while, and has been relevant for probably the past 3 years. It will never be mainstream because the music is not good when played on the radio. Plain and simple.

What dubstep is good for is:
    1. Live Shows
    ... and thats about it.

If you want to get into the scene look into these artists (and I'll add a song they are probably most famous for):

1. Bassnectar- Bass Head
    2. Rusko- Cockney Thug
    3. Caspa- Remix of "I Remember" by Deadmau5
    4. Boregore- Love
    5. Flux Pavillion- Gold Dust
    6. Datsik- Firepower
    7. Excision- any collaboration with Datsik

There are many other artist who can be grouped into the scene such as Deadmau5, Röyksopp and others. But the seven that I have just listed above are probably the most progressive and prolific in the genre. Due to the quasi ease of mixing this genre with others has allowed for pop artists to follow the trend. Most recently Britney spears' new song dabbles a little into it and has gotten decent reviews. I'm no purest and I allow for exploration and collaboration between genres. No idea where the genre is going as a whole. I am just praying that Dubstep and Electro doesn't go the way of Reggaeton...
    "Please Trinket My Sap, Please Trinket My Sap"

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this
    Bare Noize - Can't Help Me
    Noisses - End Of
    The Streets - In The Middle(Nero Dubstep Remix)
    also La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy (Nero Remix), but dislike it pretty soon

btw, take a look at this!

amazing movie, great sound

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    Music for drug addicts. lol
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    Music for drug addicts. lol
    Not drug addicts. Its for people who love to have a really fun time in a crowd full of other people having a really good time.
    "Please Trinket My Sap, Please Trinket My Sap"

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged the Dubstep related threads. There is another somewhere in the past but this can be the new official one

My guild is named "AFK getting my wobble on" GG
    "Only in Chaos can the wicked prosper"- ME

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Wrong. With dubstep the only thing you will have that might offer some variety is the pitch and the melody of the wubs (which is awfully limiting in with this sound) whereas with other genres you ARE able to add variety to these styles simply because the sound allows you to.

And I'm sure there is good ad bad wubs but that doesn't mean it isn't a limiting genre to the artist. The whole genre is a hype (like jump-style was) and I hope it ends soon. It makes good artists go bad.
    This can be applied to Rock, Rap, R&B, Pop and pretty much every genre of music out there.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all types of music (and often listen to varying genres), I just prefer Dubstep when i'm pvping as opposed to other music types. For me, it gives me a relaxed but energetic feeling.

Edit: Generally, within a genre, you can only stray so far with variations before you cross a threshold into another genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."