Thread: New factions

New factions

So with all the drama going on in horde and alliance i say they are producing Lore in orde to make new faction comps in a future RTS or WOW 2.

So wh.at do you think the new factions will be if they decide to change it up? And how many sides do you think we might be lookin at?

My bet is 4 factions:

1.Blood elf, Goblin and Undeads: Working for the proffit of their own race progress and trying to make new way to increase their power. Undeads get trown out of the horde for doing things the horde cannot stand for, blood elfs follows seeing how the undead have a better understanding for the lust for a new powersource, Goblins join since there is more understanding for technology and better chance to make money with these then the remaining horde.

2.Orcs, Tauren and Troll. The Orcs and Taurens after a turmoil return to a more tranquile state, getting back in touch with nature. Troll stays with this part of the horde as they do not accept the possible evil that can come from the eternal quest for power run by the Bloodelfs and Undeads.

3.Night elfs, Human and Worgen: Seeing the new treath from the Bloodelfs and Undead they choose to go on the offensive starting a full out war. Their goal is to defeate the treat once and for all. Humans look to reclaim old terretori, the elfs look to once and for all deal with the bloodelfs.

4.Gnome, Dwarf and Dranei: Choosing a more passive approce to the new treath they all struggle with internal problems. The Gnomes look to fully reclaim their belowed city and trying to help push the dwarfes into a stable state once again. The Dwarfes are in a internal powerstruggle with tree sides trying to grab the power. The dark iron, the wildhammers and the ironforge dwarfs. In addition they are learning new information about their creation casuing them to look for their purpose in this world. Draneis are trying to establish their foothold on azeroth and trys finding their place in the new world.

My take is a RTS before wow 2. So they can create more lore in preparation for wow 2.

4 sides. Main war is between faction 1 and 3. With the other 2 beeing caught in the crossfire and dragged into the conflict.

Whats your take?

Edit: Seeing as some mentioned it and i didn't. This is all set for a future game. As it would be to gamebreaking to recreate the factions in the current game.
    Last edited by Benji; 2011-01-17 at 01:07 AM.

Honestly I don't think Gnomes or Dwarves would split from Humans.
    The Elves might split from Humans, and then the Worgen and Draenei might have some difficulty deciding which side to pick, as the elves helped both of them so much.

If I had to split the alliance in two it would be Human/Dwarf/Gnome and Draenei/Elf/Worgen.
    Although honestly I think there's a strong case for Human/Dwarf/Gnome/Draenei/Worgen versus Elf.
    Or Human/Dwarf/Gnome/Draenei/Worgen versus Elf/Draenei because honestly the Draenei aren't particularly warlike.
    There really isn't a great deal of faction tension going around in the Alliance, the Elves are the only real isolationists present.

Or have 2 different dwarf factions? Dark iron vs wild hammer plus ironforge

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if anyone split it should be like this

1. Blood elf, undead, goblin (i dont agree with goblin but what ever its more likely then orc,troll,tauren)
    2. Night elf, worgen, draenei (All have same lvling flow and close connections)
    3. Human,dwarf,gnome (been best buddies since the beginging)
    4. Orc, Tauren, Troll (same as 3)

That would probably work, yeah.
    Same with the Tauren really, as the Alliance have shown themselves to be willing to team up with the Grimtotem.
    And Goblins could do this. Possibly trolls, but none of those not already available as player characters have ever shown any particular inclination to team up with anyone.

None of the other races have such clear internal factions, but I'm sure you could think of something if you really needed to

Although to the above I would put it as:
    1. Blood Elf, Undead
    2. Night Elf, Worgen, Draenei
    3. Human, Dwarf, Gnome
    4. Orc, Tauren, Troll, Goblin
    as the goblins have shown good ties to both the Orcs and Tauren in Warcraft III, however this does create the annoying problem of racial balance where it's no longer four teams of three :V

I would like to see something a little different tried... a sort of round robin faction alignment. Each race is it's own faction. Each race would be friendly to 2 others. So... Humans - friendly to elves and dwarves. Elves friendly to humans and tauren. Tauren friendly to elves and blood elves. Dwarves friendly to humans and gnomes. Gnomes friendly to say Dwarves and Draeni? See how it works. It would be interesting to see how that dynamic played across all the servers, to see which factions end up dominating.

Any of this will definitely have to wait till they're done with WoW. I don't think Blizz would take the chance of breaking up guilds by rearranging the existing factions. Or they might want to, but there would be an outcry to rival RealID if they did.

If there's to be a reboot, though, I can see some current Alliance-current Horde combinations working: Tauren-Night Elf obviously, Night Elf-Blood Elf with some lore progress, Gnome-Goblin with some lore progress, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see this...

1. Orc, Troll - maybe Tauren
    2. Undead, Belf...maybe goblin
    3. Human, Worgen, Dwarf, Gnome
    4. Draenai - maybe Nelf...but more neutral..passive
    5. Goblin - could just go back to helping everyone...profit = profit.
    6. Nelf/Tauren

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see night elves with tauren and maybe worgens.
    or humans and worgans and forsaken, despite the forsaken wanting to turn all the living into forsaken. they were once, human.

but also because of Thrall the prince of SW / Jaina and Baine I could also see Orcs, Humans, Tauren.
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

For a more radical change i could also see this:

Gnome, Goblin, Undead and Bloodelfs. All sharing a interest in technology and advancement.

Humans, Orcs, Worgen, Dranei. All wanting the best for their people.

Nelfs, Tauren, Troll, Dwarfs. All wanting to restore the balance of the world and live in harmony.

Not sure about the draneis fitting. Might be a neutral faction in a later game as they tend to wanna be little involved in conflict unless the conflic is force upon them.