Thread: Locks & CC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    They simply need to evoke the same behavior in our pets as hunters currently have in theirs. I.e. pets should respect cc. It's one of those pesky things I'm hoping to see them correct in 4.06.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    If you cut a bit of your own dps you can pretty much insta-Banish a Mob once it breaks free. Takes just a bit of timing
    Yeah, I have the "Larger focus frame" option enabled so I can see clearly when the banish is going to run out, but it is still a balancing act of "reduced dps for a couple of seconds" vs "Can I get this last Shadow Bolt off and be three quarters of the way through casting Banish before the mob breaks free... Oops!" Dps usually wins out as a mob won't kill someone in one hit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    I don't play a lock as a main, but when i play mine i leave my pet on passive and have pet attack macro'd to immolate.
    Could you please share that macro, Im not really a macro pro myself :<
    Thanks in advance =)

I cant believe I never though of macroing pet attack to immolate. What a handy little macro it will be.

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast Immolate
    /petattack

And select the ? icon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcfearson View Post
    I should of been a lil more specific.... imp seems fine. mainly when im in demon spec the felguard seems to always switch from the target it was attacking then charge to the one i crrntly CC.... im a button masher , except when i switch pet from passive to defensive , thats the only time i use the click
    The felguard will do the charge on cc'd targets, but not break it. It is a bug in the AI nothing happens except for a lost cooldown on pursuit. I've never had cc broken that way. Also I don't see why you call glyph of fear "non-reliable" CC. It is just as reliable as non-glyphed fear. You just can't re-apply it and honestly when cc'ing that shouldn't be a factor since people shouldn't be attacking that target. And if they do, its their fault.

Just use a attack macro, or like someone said hit the (default) control + 1 for pet attack. Or just don't worry about the pet for CC pulls. If you have to CC on a boss, like beauty in blackrock caverns, just keep your pet on passive and have it attack the boss. For trash you don't need the pets dps and if anyone complains about it just ignore them.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duelingk View Post
    I cant believe I never though of macroing pet attack to immolate. What a handy little macro it will be.
    I don't like using pet attack on dots. Often in multi-target fights I'll dot up multiple targets. Instead I'd suggest tying it to your main attack (90% of the time you'll want it that way anyways) or Hand of Gul'Dan since it boosts your pets attack and you'll be casting that on your primary target so you can refresh immolate.

Using a non-dot spell or a "nuke" spell also is nice for occasions when it isn't practical to cast a dot but you still want your pet helping you automatically. Like for example vapors during ripsnarl encounter. Not really worth it waste time casting immolate when direct nukes are likely faster.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Fear is spammable (technically) and not restricted to anything except "not undead". Everything else is restricted to mob type (polymorph) or has a really long cooldown and breaks instantly on damage (hex, repentance) or can only be used once (sap)

Considering that I can successfully cc 3 targets in H:VP while doing competitive dps with hunters, I think we're fine with a 20s duration. YMMV
    If you have glyph of fear, which honestly if you are using it for instance CC you should have it, then you can't spam fear due to a 5 second Cool down.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    If you cut a bit of your own dps you can pretty much insta-Banish a Mob once it breaks free. Takes just a bit of timing
    Its easier to just do two casts of banish in a row when the duration is low. Cast 1 removes previous banish, Cast 2 banishes target. You control when where and how it is re-cc'd and no random surprises from not watching your spell timers. And since with haste the cast time on banish isn't really an issue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got used to the manual way of doing it. I keep my pet on Passive when I am CCing in dungeons. When I finish casting my fear, I select the focus target and press ctrl+1 for my pet. I'm used to it and I habitually press ctrl+1, 2, etc for my pet in pvp as it is so it's second nature.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin