The chopper + Cataclysm

So, I finally managed to scrounge up that 12k or so to buy the mats for the chopper. My first instinct was to sell it over trade chat where an interesting conversation happened. This guy appearently thought that the chopper is currently "useless" originating from WotLK, over abundant, and normally sells for 3k since Cataclysm (at least on his horde server). He claimed that the mats for it dropped dramatically (my funds begged to differ) and that there's no way I'd be able to sell it for more than 5k.

So, am I missing something with some new npc that sells the parts for extremely cheap or was the guy trying to BS his way to a cheap cycle like I'm assuming? Also, how well is the chopper selling on other realms?

Additionally, what's a good sell price? Aiming at 15kg at the moment.
    Last edited by The Chad; 2011-01-17 at 05:39 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that guy wanted you to sell it to him for cheap... or he was just a moron.

Selling just as well as it used to...

Awesome can't get outdated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is obviously ignorant and stupid. If anything the chopper should sell more due to the facts that the Wotlk materials have gone up a bit in price.. Depending on servers. Imo try to sell it for 14k

Also i'll be honest. The hog was the worst investment in my wow career but I refuse not to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    Selling just as well as it used to...

Awesome can't get outdated.
    Figured. Why dump 10k on an epic you'll replace next content patch when you can look epic indefinately?

Forgot to mention, what's a good price to sell it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its going for 15k on my realm, i went and chcked K3 after I read this parts still same price unless im like retarded XD. I think its still the only vendor. Your server just might be stupid. :S

aside the goblin exalted discount (that applies even to non factioned npcs) i don't think there's any other difference with wotlk about the price

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my chopper too. Originally I was going to get my Goblin Engineer friend to buy the mats from K3 because it would be 9600g rather than 12500g, but Blizz had a bug with the Goblin Engineerings making and even buying the mats for the chopper. Eventually I said eff it and just got the mats for 12500g. But there is no way a chopper could be that cheap.

A goblin actually can buy the parts at a discounted rate, save you some money.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

I really wish engineers could have the ability to "soup up" their choppers, for an increased mount speed for engineers only. Or, perhaps be able to add a rocket to it, or wings that expand out from the sides to make it a land/air mount. We're engineers damnit!

this random trade guy is trying to get you to sell it for cheap so he can re sell it for higher. dont listen to him K3mats + ur own mats + mark up. sell it for that much

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I really wish engineers could have the ability to "soup up" their choppers, for an increased mount speed for engineers only. Or, perhaps be able to add a rocket to it, or wings that expand out from the sides to make it a land/air mount. We're engineers damnit!
    What, like on MegaForce?

most of the mats are vendor bought and they havent changed their pricing since cata. some of the other mats may have gone down in price but certainly not 10k.

be nice if we can get a epic mount that can tranform depending on need (land, air, sea). engineers only.

I would settle for watermount, motorboat transform for hog or somethin.

Quote Originally Posted by wowplayer View Post
    most of the mats are vendor bought and they havent changed their pricing since cata. some of the other mats may have gone down in price but certainly not 10k.

be nice if we can get a epic mount that can tranform depending on need (land, air, sea). engineers only.

Well at least you can use the helicopter plane for land(land only like bg's) and air. I'm not sure if most other mounts can do that since i can't click my bird in bg's to use.