Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

A solution to the 30-40 wait time in LFD for dps classes?

They really need to change how the LFD system works. For example a hunter pure DPS class should not wait as long as a feral druid dps. A pure dps class can only be dps and a druid can dps (range/melee), tank and heal.

Right now a tank waits 0-2 minutes tops in the system while a healer waits under 5 minutes and any dps class waits 35-45 minutes. My solution to this is give pure dps classes priority over non pure classes. Like if a feral druid Q's in the same minute as a hunter then the hunter is counted as Q'ing first.

This way it will force hybrid classes to play something other than a dps role since they can. But if they still want to dps then they should wait longer than ones that can only dps since that's fair.

But other than pure dps classes this can be applied to healers and other tank classes. Like a priest that has 2 tress in healing should be picked first in the Q since he/she has 2 healing trees. And same with a death knight who has 2 dps tress over a paladin/shaman who only have 1 dps tree.

I think this will level the wait time for all classes to be around 10-15 minutes no matter of your class or role. Since it will force the most hybrid classes like paladins/druids to tank or heal which will level out the wait time in my opinion.

p.s. my last reply to this thread is #130.
    Last edited by deanmoney; 2011-01-17 at 12:56 PM.

Doesn't seem like a horrible idea.

Force people to play a spec they don't prefer? That doesn't sound very cool. DPs is DPS. A Paladin shouldn't have to wait longer than a Mage just because he is a hybrid. If he is queueing for DPS, then he waits as long as the Mage.

Sorry but the amount of crying this would generate means it will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    calculating the chances the OP plays a pure dps.....

100%

get some friends so you never have queue times at all

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

I like the idea, but don't think Pure DPS should take priority over hybrids for the reason that if they do, hybrids will constantly be pushed back and not get into instances.

Maybe something like the average wait time*2 for hybrids and then the 'normal' wait time for pure classes. Or some sort of algorithm.

THAT SAID, I doubt blizzard would ever agree to this as their stance always seems to be, "Play what you enjoy!" Which kind of sucks because I enjoy hunters but have to deal with long ques because there are so many types of dps classes where there are only so many tanks/healers (as your post kind of eludes to) not to mention I can't change to a healer/tank (hence the reasoning for your post).

So while I like the idea, and I think a lot of pure dps players will as well it is clearly an idea that thrives on the bias of players who play pure dps and because of that, I doubt it would ever be fully accepted or integrated into the game.

i'm with nexus - and even as a pure dps class myself - i think this idea isn't so good.

Deleted
    This way it will force hybrid classes to play something other than a dps role since they can.
    I can tell that you are annoyed with the long wait, but forcefully making other players to suffer by waiting even longer until they have no choice but to respec is NOT a sound plan.

Besides there is a longer timer for dps because their is a massive surplus of them. If we were to do it in a way of ratio, (1(Tank):1(Healer):3(dps))There must be up to three times the amount of tanks or 1.5 more than healers and tanks so that dps have a faster que. In reality dps ratio has over exceeded and there is no option for you to either stick it out, run with guildies or just go tank or healer.

a hybrid is already putting himself at a disadvantage if hes queing as dps.

This is something blizzard will never do. They will never give pure dps classes an advantage over non pure dps classes. Never.

Deleted
    I think this isn't a bad idea at the face of it. I can see how it would equalize the time spent in queue for players and that seems to be its only merit. However, one of the reasons there's been so much drama on the forums and in game lately has been due to bad tanks, bad healers and bad dps. Fortunately, bad dps get kicked quite easily because there's plenty of them to go around whereas a bad healer or tank might be kept around merely because there's fewer of them.

Here's my point: this solution would put bad players in more authorative roles rather than scaring them away and keeping them in a place where they can easily be replaced. Your solution would reduce queue times overall, making it so that instead of just tanks and healers not caring about queues; the dps would join in as well. I foresee that the quality of playing with others would degrade even further, to a sort of Gearscorian level with a hint of Recountness. We'd be back trolling trade to find groups rather than risking the dungeon finder.

Just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by deanmoney View Post
    . Like if a feral druid Q's in the same minute as a hunter then the hunter is counted as Q'ing first.
    I bet your that hunter?

Sorry bro but "Pure's" choose to create a mage, warlock, hunter, or rogue at the character creation screen. That was their choice and now they have to deal with it. If they don't like it, they can go level a hybrid. If they like playing their damage only class however, then they won't let a simple queue time get in the way.

This idea is selfish, and nothing else.

Oh ya, can you add a poll too so I can see the lopsided results?
    Last edited by muto; 2011-01-17 at 08:15 AM.

I think the button should force pure dps to reroll for shorter queue times.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account
    This will never happen and if it did the out cry would be huge and it would get put back to the way it was if you really want to cut down your time roll a tank or healer outer then that wait.. I really dont see why a pure dps would get a que over a hybrid because it comes down to what you like to do. and if that were to happen the "hybrid" class would have to wait what 2hrs then or more because everyone queing up after them would move ahead of them ya right....

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be realistic here- Somewhere between a third and half of the people that queue in the LFD tool are not mainspec'd for Healing or Tanking, so their gear for those specs isn't the best and neither is their skill at fulfilling that role. Forcing people into that role might result in faster queue times, but it will also decrease the overall success percentage for completion of a heroic dungeon.

Flooding the system with bad tanks and healers is a very bad idea. I'm sorry that 'pure' DPS classes feel that the 'hybrid' DPS classes (which is to say the other 6) need to be put into an inferior position, but if it's really that bad- I suggest rerolling a hybrid. Afterall, it requires a pretty significant amount of work for a hybrid to regear to fulfill a non-DPS slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Retarded mate, giving a hunter priority because they are pure DPS is nothing short of retarded.

I think they should remove the restrictions to be fair, how often do you replace the mage with another mage, or the hunter with another hunter, or have to replace 3 dk's who all get replace by another dk, coincidence? no, a dps should be considered a dps regardless of spec and whatever cc they bring to the party, if a dps leaves wether it's a lock, dk or warrior any dps regardless should get picked to take over, at the moment this isn't the case.

I got my mate to heal for my shammy yesterday evening and we waited 15 minutes and he was a healer, on my tank it's instant and last I checked my dps queue was like 45 minutes this is because LFG tries to make a good group, yet when I tank the groups I get are pure shit for example, tanked heroic VH yesterday with 2 feral druids, a resto druid and a dk, CC FTW?

I'm guessing some dps have to wait because the system wants to replace the class that left with the same class, so when a hunter leaves 9 times out of 10 a hunter will replace them, whereas it should be ANY dps, but will that even solve the problem? probably not.

If you guys REALLY want to solve the problem, the only solution is to tank which is what I did. I also remember reading (I think) that the system tries to create groups with CC in them, that is bollocks because pretty much everytime I tank my groups are bad and if I'm lucky I get 1 CC whereas when I dps the groups full of CC?

The queue times push hybrids in that direction as it is. I switch spec on every alt I have to be a tank or healer when I queue because the 30-45 minute wait times are absurd.

Deleted
    Too many DPSs already queue as tanks or healers even if they don't have the appropriate gear (someone doesn't even has the spec). Strongly disgaree with this. Imagine a shadow priest with DPS gear trying to heal or a boomkin turning into a bear and trying to tank...

Going extreme here, but if Pures get the faster queue times, then pures get the gear faster to be able to raid, therefore your raid group will be made up of geared pures, tanks and healers and undergeared hybrids who are only there for the buffs they bring so that they may boost the pure's dps further.

No, no, and no. Say If I were a Paladin (I'm a priest by the way, nor do I PvE outside of the daily Valor) and I like playing Ret. I'm in a guild, but they aren't the ones who run dungeons together since the tanks are rarely online(this is pretty common). I want to get geared enough to be able to raid since I was offered a spot if I can get my ilvl up to 346-350(basically heroic geared). I spend over an hour in a queue for a dungeon only to find it fail, or I dc in the queue, or it finishes and I get my JP. My guild is pressuring me to speed my gearing up so that I can come raid. What can I do?

A) Keep going waiting hours upon hours since Pures get put before me and eventually lose my raid spot
    B) Re-spec tank or healer, gear that up and then start getting my offspec(Ret, so technically my mainspecs) pieces at a faster rate
    C) Yell at the guy on the Mmo-champion forums who suggested that idea.

It is just not practical, while you think its easy to re-gear a whole set(Assuming the OP is a pure of some description)it can take a long time to get it to a suitable level, especially since a hybrids other specs is either tank or healer so they not only need to get it, they need to get it up to scratch for heroics which would waste nearly as much time as staying dps