Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Twilight Ascendant Council my worldoflogs wipe at 4%

Edit: I can't post links sorry

This is my log of last night raid,
    best attempt is last one at 4% then we had respawn.

The rogue is probably down on dps cause we told him so many time to slow dps that probably he went afk
    (to have 2 bosses at 25% in the same time)

Our only problem seems to be phase 3,
    we started kiting the boss in a big circle but at the end we used the tactic on the tankspot video with the boss in a little circle in the middle
    and the raid spread around.

Any kind of trick help is appreciated

Is it just a matter of gear?

Is it 2 healable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Post the link with spaces in it or something. No one can help you like this.

Deleted
    www worldoflogs com/reports/siekeuo1txags46w/sum/damageDone/?s=5239&e=5630

The main problems that we had with this boss was getting all the bosses in the first two phases within a reasonable 1-1.5% of each other or so at the end.

The second problem that we had was the fact that the tank was kiting the boss in the last phase in such a large circle that it was going out of range of the ranged, and they were having to reposition themselves while avoiding the healers (They have positioning priority i.e. you move for them) or at least that's how it was for our group.

In terms of a gear issue - It could be. My group has pretty good gear and when we kill it we rarely have more than the tank and one or two DPS alive.

Is it two healable - From my point of view, as the resident holy priest... Hell no. But some people might disagree and think the DPS might make up for it. Honestly, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kNySJnG6jo Check the last min of it to see a crappy wipe! 0.1% + vent comments

it's all about p3 dps, save ALL cooldowns bring dps pots use everything or you will wipe because your dps is not sufficient, as no amount of healing will save you after some time (maybe try two healing it as p1 and p2 should be doable with 2 healers (feludius hits like a girl, fire guy can pack some punch tho but nothing unmanageable, arion hits like a girl also but the erth guy packs some punch this time but still you should be good as long as you are in range of tanks, and you will then see how much time did you save in p3, it may be just doable as damage grows exponentially ))

Something to note: use nuke spells at about 26% on the bosses. We actually managed to get ignacious to 13% like this, and feludius to 17%. Probably a string of lucky crits, but you can get them much lower than 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Something to note: use nuke spells at about 26% on the bosses. We actually managed to get ignacious to 13% like this, and feludius to 17%. Probably a string of lucky crits, but you can get them much lower than 25%.
    You mean dots, right? We have 3 dps that use pretty strong dots (mut rogue, spriest, aff lock) and their dots keep ticking after one of the bosses hit 25% and they port up.

Telling us to use nukes is the exact opposite of what you want to do..

If you use your CDs at the end of P1 they should be back for P3. With them you can push the bosses lower in the couple of seconds the phase takes to change.

My group is having problems with this as well.

We run with 1 ranged dps and it makes it almost impossible in my opinion. We are currently 2 healing this with myself and a holy paladin and we have 2 DKs , 1 Rogue , 1 Enchance Shhammy , 1 warlock and 1 Fury warrior.

We have had multiple 2-5% wipes due to not being able to keep up with the chain lightnings after the 2nd Gravity Crush. We are going to try to have me go elemental and use another holy pally and our enchance go elemental as well and hope it helps us. With so many melee dps and having to kite the boss we lose alot of dps just from movement alone.

I would say its 2 healable.... I think if you 2 heal it and you can have 2-3 ranged dps (total of 4-5 people spread out) it would greatly reduce the dmg intake in phase 3..

With Heroism/Bloodlust you can pretty much spam your effecient heal (Healing Wave or Holy Light in our case) and use little to no mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    My group is having problems with this as well.

We run with 1 ranged dps and it makes it almost impossible in my opinion. We are currently 2 healing this with myself and a holy paladin and we have 2 DKs , 1 Rogue , 1 Enchance Shhammy , 1 warlock and 1 Fury warrior.

We have had multiple 2-5% wipes due to not being able to keep up with the chain lightnings after the 2nd Gravity Crush. We are going to try to have me go elemental and use another holy pally and our enchance go elemental as well and hope it helps us. With so many melee dps and having to kite the boss we lose alot of dps just from movement alone.

I would say its 2 healable.... I think if you 2 heal it and you can have 2-3 ranged dps (total of 4-5 people spread out) it would greatly reduce the dmg intake in phase 3..

With Heroism/Bloodlust you can pretty much spam your effecient heal (Healing Wave or Holy Light in our case) and use little to no mana.
    Wow, almost killed with 2 healers, and 1 shaman?
    Btw yes u really want less melee on this fight, we have 3 ranged and 2 melee atm, I was thinking about going dps and having only 2 pala healing.
    So resto shaman is actually not so bad as I thought...

Tnx for the hint about abusing dots before phase changes.

I'm currently working on this boss also. Can you clear something up about the lightning in the final phase. Does it actually care whether you're spread or not? From my tunnel visioning melee point of view, I thought it was hitting everyone.

Deleted
    Blizzard did think about dots and prevented the abuse of it to get the elemental thing lower than 25% so the "only" benefit from using dots is that you don't get face slapped if one of the adds is above 25%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I'm currently working on this boss also. Can you clear something up about the lightning in the final phase. Does it actually care whether you're spread or not? From my tunnel visioning melee point of view, I thought it was hitting everyone.
    As far as I know at the beginning it does few CL and more and more when u go further on in P3,
    and I guess you can actually avoid the dmg if well spread, done one try really far back from the others and the CL was hitting only me.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Blizzard did think about dots and prevented the abuse of it to get the elemental thing lower than 25% so the "only" benefit from using dots is that you don't get face slapped if one of the adds is above 25%.
    Tnx again for the info, is still good to know in case one of the 2 is higher.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmm it doesn't need 2 healing, it's just a lack of dps in the last phase if your healers are unable to keep up, you can pretty much dismiss all the dps up until that point and reset all your meters for the last phase. WoL isn't showing pets for me which is why lock and hunter are a bit behind, but as i looked, your hunter only got off 6 Kill Shots. the last phase lasted about a minute and half, which is enough for probably double the amount if he is glyphed for it, which he should be. probably some more stuff like that but i'm not familiar with all classes in cata. just save CDs etc for the last phase, it's a dps/gear issue and you don't need to 2 heal it.

Did it on 10m in an alt run last night. Used 2 healers. Key is making sure all the range don't have to move to maximize dps. Everyone was in blues (some weren't even fully enchanted) so an extra dps helped a lot in phase 3.

Deleted
    At the end we killed him
    Is a funny video, enjoy...3 wipes and then kill.
    Note my tree going mental cause of the epic trinket

http://www youtube com/watch?v=vMKDj0tduKQ&feature=player_embedded

Are we still doing something wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Are we still doing something wrong?
    you and the meele are standing in these blue pools in PH3 like forever when you can avoid them... try to mitigate some damage for your healers sake! as im ranged i dont exactly know, but i guess they are not there for decorational purposes.
    Last edited by mmocb3d4938640; 2011-02-01 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Me????
    I'm not the fatass bear, i'm the crazy tree
    Tbx, i will tell em to move faster

They don't need to move faster, while kiting just make your tank constantly moving backward (using backrun key "s" by default) this will be enogth. If boss will move with out accelerates this will be much better for DPS, and melle DPS may damage boss from back left and right sides to avoid pools, they don't need to stand directly at his back...

P3 Lighting mechanic it's simple ^^ He selects random target at range and shoot at it with Chain Lighting (that jumps to near targets) every 1 second. And every 20 second he just increase number of Chain Lightings he casts. So 20 sec after P3 started he will select 2 random targets at range, 40 sec after - 3 tagets and ect. If there is no targets left at range to hit with it (number of lighting he need to cast is more than number of range players) he will start to select for last (newest ligthing) melee targets and while there is rangeplayers+1 it'snot so much damage to melee, but soon it become 2 lighting at melee all the time (~15-20k per sec to all melee -.-) So it's smth like you have (Rangeplayers+1)*20 sec time to kill it... For heavy melee groups it may be better that after number of lighting become more than number of ranged just move out 1 melee to make lighting don't hit all melee at once then another 1... each melee come out after number of range targets is limited will give you smth like another 20 sec to survive or 20 more seconds for rest melee to DPS...

So make your melee to avoid pools. All avoid fire sparks. Range spread to make sure lightings never hit more than 1 target. To increase time you have to kill boss... It may be even smart to not trigger BloodLust/Heroism right after P3 starts (if you have not epic DPS) => but wait for 20 or 40 sec to make it easier for healers to heal massive damages that will be 80+ sec after pull (3+ lightings)