Deleted

Question Blood vs unholy PvP?

What spec for PvP

unholy

blood is a tank spec; you will survive, but you will not kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    BG's or arena's? For BG's I would go Frost, so much fun. Enjoy HB while it lasts. Arena's -> you can go either Frost or Unholy but don't count on getting as high as easily with Frost. Unholy is still better at higher ratings.

Deleted
    i'm pvping as blood tank right now, together with a bear druid.

Wearing down our opponents is so much more fun thanexploding them. Although this setup will be nothing but a memory after resilience starts affected necrotic strike.

Also, only really works at 1200 and below ratings

I'm playing dual blood dk with guildie and we're at 1550 rating now. We're winning with 16xx rated teams so it's possible to go higher. Imo blood is viable in arenas, not top 2,2k spec but still possible to get decent rating.

I think playing blood is just spoiling your self, Blood was made in mind for a tank specc not a PvP specc, sure you can wear them down, but there is a limit to this before you find them kiting like hayl
    \

Deleted
    Resilience already affects necrotic strike on live realms. Tested it. Seems as it was a hotfix.

Blood being bad in pvp is just a myth, created by people who dont know how to utilize the spec properly.
    If you play blood like you play frost or unholy, then of course it is going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    Blood was made in mind for a tank specc not a PvP specc
    What has that got to do with anything?
    Its like saying "frost was made for dps and therefore its not for pvp".

I play as unholy for BG's when I might get lucky and have a healer. The ghoul is baddass, and people underestimate it a lot.

Since I 2v2 with my roommate, hunter, I get no heals and choose to play blood for survivability. The damage is not too bad.

If I had heals in 2v2 I would play Unholy for sure, and will at least try it when the next patch comes.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frmfivr View Post
    get unholy after this patch cause of the new glyph
    and the new talent as well.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Deleted
    how viable is frost in arena 2v2?

blood win
    i was in arena 2v2 yesterday
    One time 1on1 VS frost and one time VS unholy
    I beat em easily both time
    had a bit more prob VS frost since they freeze me
    But selfless heal FTW

I even beat a frost mage 1on1 lol
    i was so surprised I never thought this was possible but it was my moment of glory
    Last edited by MugenNoKaze; 2011-01-18 at 02:02 PM.

If the blood damage increases posted in teh PTR patch notes go through, blood will be even more attractive as a pvp option
    (not sure if this has been adjusted updated since its front page post)

Blood
    Heart Strike now deals 175% weapon damage plus 15% per disease, up from 120% plus 10% per disease.
    Improved Death Strike now increases the damage of Death Strike by 30/60/90%, up from 15/30/45%.

However, Death's Advance and the Death Strike heal buff for non-blood presence is making Unholy mouth-wateringly tantilizing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    I think playing blood is just spoiling your self, Blood was made in mind for a tank specc not a PvP specc, sure you can wear them down, but there is a limit to this before you find them kiting like hayl
    you cant kite a dk, he is kiting you...Blood isnt just a tank spec, i do arena as blood and its great - thinking about doing a new dw blood spec since there is no advantage using a 2h, gona add the 3 points to dw in the frost tree and see how it works...blood pvp is like an arms warrior

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 06:47 PM ----------

the only things u cant kill are priests and locks, still to op

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking
    you cant kite a dk, he is kiting you...Blood isnt just a tank spec, i do arena as blood and its great - thinking about doing a new dw blood spec since there is no advantage using a 2h, gona add the 3 points to dw in the frost tree and see how it works...blood pvp is like an arms warrior
    Lol... There is no advantage of using dw instead of 2h. If you're pvping with dw as blood youre gimping yourself even more. Your dmg will be shit.

Deleted
    i dont see nothing stating more dmg with 2handers in any tree

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    i dont see nothing stating more dmg with 2handers in any tree

Except every single strike is based on a percentage of your weapon's damage.
    DW blood would have really low damage output.