having difficulties getting my meta gem to work

so im using a relentless earthsiege diamond as my meta, however i cant seem to get it to activate. i seemingly have the appropriate gems equipped (more blue than red), yet for the life of me, i'm unable to get it to work! i thought that maybe the gem itself was bugged, so i bought a chaotic shadowspirit, which does have the same requirement, but of course it resulted in the same problem.

i had equipped:

3x glinting demonseye
    2x delicate inferno ruby
    2x deft ember topaz

which would seem to yield the appropriate ratio of gems i need to activate my meta, however this was not the case. so i took out the 2x ember topaz's and replaced them with 2x glinting demonseye.

so now i have 5x glinting demonseye and 2x delicate inferno ruby, but my shit is still greyed out!!

am i completely missing something here??

currently a dps loss to use either of those gems

your problem is hybrid gems count as both colors.. therefor with your gems as..

3 purple
    2 red
    2 orange

It would count as

7 red
    3 blue
    2 green

This meta gem requirement is being reveresed in the next patch. Until then use something else.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

so what do you recommend i use in the meantime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Thundering Skyflare Diamond for the moment

Destructive Shadowspirit might tide you over til 4.0.6

Quote Originally Posted by joshlolz View Post
    so what do you recommend i use in the meantime?
    I use fleeting, not sure what is bis right now.
    About EP:
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact

Giverne means http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/41400 (just paste the URL of a Sigrie page to have it converted into an item/spell/whatever link)

I don't know how the different rogue specs value mastery, but I find http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/52289/f...pirit-diamond/ quite appealing as well, requires just 2 yellow gems, say 2 orange ones. Of course only until 4.0.6 give us http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68778/a...pirit-diamond/.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Probably Fleet diamond if you're assass. spec and thundering if you're combat.
    Personally using fleet as assass. atm and it's working as intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    currently a dps loss to use either of those gems

your problem is hybrid gems count as both colors.. therefor with your gems as..

3 purple
    2 red
    2 orange

It would count as

7 red
    3 blue
    2 green

This meta gem requirement is being reveresed in the next patch. Until then use something else.
    Actually 2 yeloow not 2 green tho that doesnt make meta requirement true anyway

Id recommend to use shadowspirit with 54 crit + 2 spell reflect which requires 2x red for meta
    Last edited by mmoc39b41cda48; 2011-01-17 at 01:54 PM.

thanks for the advice everyone.

its silly how bad they fucked up the mechanics of meta gems ;/

hopefully new patch clears everything up.

and i'm combat btw, so i'm gonna go for thundering for the time being, since mastery is mediocre for my spec

Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    Actually 2 yeloow not 2 green tho that doesnt make meta requirement true anyway
    Yep thanks for the correction
    About EP: