Armory generally bugged?

The last month, my in-game avg. item level has been exactly 1 point higher than the one displayed on the public site. Today, someone checked my armory and thought I'd exaggerated 6 avg. point, because he looked at the first score. After that we could both lolwut at it, but it's still peculiar. Has anyone else got issues with differences between/the web-based armory in general?

I think I have to explain how avg item lvl is supposed to work:

The check on ilvl is based on the current highest itemlvl per applicable gearslot. Since all my tanking gear is actually the highest avg. ilvl that I have, there is no way that the average can be below 349. It's actually supposed to be 349(349).

It does not calculate avg. itemlvl based on all your gear in your bags, but only based on the highest ilvl in your bags or equiped for that current slot. Having 5 belts doesn't do anything, it's the highest itemlvl belt that counts.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-01-17 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post

The last month, my in-game avg. item level has been exactly 1 point higher than the one displayed on the public site. Today, someone checked my armory and thought I'd exaggerated 6 avg. point, because he looked at the first score. After that we could both lolwut at it, but it's still peculiar. Has anyone else got issues with differences between/the web-based armory in general?
    Well the "big" number should be the one ingame. The smaller number is just the one of your equipped items (so if you have some low level items for off-spec in your inventory, it lowers the "big" number). Armory is not always totally up to date, so it could be that that difference you see between armory and ingame is because stuff hasn't updated properly yet.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Average item level is sum of iLevel of every item divided by the number of items.
    Because of the division most of the time this number have a fractional part.

Now if the game do round the number and web just truncate the fractional part you may have this inequality.

i.e.:
    AIL: 342.76543
    that rounded is 343, but trunketed it's 342

Let's just leave it as EU Armory is a mess, US Armory works a treat. Smooth as silk.

That is all.

I think I have to explain how avg item lvl is supposed to work:

The check on ilvl is based on the current highest itemlvl per applicable gearslot. Since all my tanking gear is actually the highest avg. ilvl that I have, there is no way that the average can be below 349. It's actually supposed to be 349(349).

It does not calculate avg. itemlvl based on all your gear in your bags, but only based on the highest ilvl in your bags or equiped for that current slot. Having 5 belts doesn't do anything, it's the highest itemlvl belt that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It still have to calculate an average between 17 (19 if tabard/shirt slots are included) item slots.

Armory is bugged indeed, it says my average item level is 325, with 345 equipped ... still haven't figured out what is causing it (armory link)
    Last edited by lodoo; 2011-01-17 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadc0de View Post
    It still have to calculate an average between 17 (19 if tabard/shirt slots are included) item slots.
    It's a bit smarter than that
    It does not count shirt or tabard.
    Shield/offhand slot does not always count
    My equiped avg. is 349. THis is also the highest avg ilvl that I have. In other words, it should match my equiped ilvl.

Deleted
    Do some actual tests - equip stuff - remove stuff see how the figures change. Then once you have some real data everyone will be in a better position to answer your question.

I think some people don't realize that in the screen shot Vespian posted (as well as lodoo's armory link), it shows an average item level that is lower than his equipped item level, and this should not be possible based on what is believed to be how average item level is calculated. It should take the highest applicable item level per slot (as Vespian explained) and average it, not average all possible items. If this is the case, then average item level can never be less than equipped item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Do some actual tests - equip stuff - remove stuff see how the figures change. Then once you have some real data everyone will be in a better position to answer your question.
    There is no reason to, since the best gear is in my equipped slot. There's nothing to "test". Even if you would want to test it, equipped avg ilvl can never be more than total avg. Ilvl.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arctae View Post
    I think some people don't realize that in the screen shot Vespian posted, it shows an average item level that is lower than his equipped item level, and this should not be possible based on what is believed to be how average item level is calculated. It should take the highest applicable item level per slot (as Vespian explained) and average it, not average all possible items. If this is the case, then average item level can never be less than equipped item level.
    This, you beat me to it.

Mr Super Moderator is probably too busy simming things to realize some things can also be solved the easy way :P
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-01-17 at 02:24 PM.