PC Video Editing (Vlogging/WoW/Other?)

I'm trying to find a good video editing program for the PC (Everyone has been telling me to get Final Cut Pro :/ but I don't have a Mac and doubt I will for a while), something that will allow me to render the final product in HD whether it's things from the real world I'm recording for Youtube ventures I'd like to do or recording things from WoW etc.

Took a look at Sony Vegas but being more of a novice than anything else right now it seemed a bit daunting; however if that ends up being my best choice, a little learning never hurt me.

Deleted
    Buy a book or go to some tutorial site about Sony Vegas, one of the best ones

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the computer forum.

Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Elements, Magix Movie Maker and Pinnacle Studio are the options for enthusiast video editing on Windows. Magix Movie Maker is probably easiest to use, Sony Vegas gives most options for tweaking. And Premiere has slowest UI.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Elements, Magix Movie Maker and Pinnacle Studio are the options for enthusiast video editing on Windows. Magix Movie Maker is probably easiest to use, Sony Vegas gives most options for tweaking. And Premiere has slowest UI.
    Are there any Pros about using Adobe Pr?

Quote Originally Posted by snoebels View Post
    If you're familiar with other Adobe programs, it's easier to learn. Or if you want to get familiar with other Adobe programs. If answer to both is no, then I'd recommend Vegas.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Hybridpanda did a pretty good tutorial video for making wow(universal) hd movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=tMT7l8P_ru8

Well, if your a newbie, Final Cut is not the program for you :P

I'd recommend Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas.

Deleted
    Sony Vegas is definately a very good way to start out. Very userfriendly with a drag/drop interface, whereas Premiere required a bit more insight into the program. But if you wanna shoot big and do some crazy all-out editting, Premiere/After Effects combination ROFLstomp any competition imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    Quote Originally Posted by snoebels View Post
    There are TONS and TONS of learning resources for adobe products. I am currently using Premier and After Effects (for 3D animated titles) and I am getting good results.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

For advanced stuff, let's say for example animated text, AfterEffects is the way to go. Even for professionals. It's also priced accordinly and way out of reach of average WoW video dabblers.
    Trolling should be.

After Effects aside, because outside of WoW videos I doubt I'll have to much use for that (for the time being).

Out of Pinnacle Studio - Sony Vegas - and Adobe Premier which would be the toughest to pick up on. (User Friendly)