Poll: Do you eat food off of the floor?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Yeah, there is a reason. This is not it.
    I have a friend here at work that was sheltered his whole life. never allowed to go outside.. parents kept everything sanitized.. almost a kid in a bubble..

He gets sick constantly.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    in my house yes, any were else no.
    This rule as well as the 3 sec rule

and kind of depends on the food
    Hi Sephurik

3 second rule, Like rule of life tbh

I have downed cookie several times.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    After taking a microbiology class the answer is no. I rather like being healthy and I can always pop another hot pocket in the microwave if I drop it on accident. X_X
    Shouldnt have skipped class when they were speaking about immune system. I definitivly eat what drops on the floor in my own house. In public it depends what the food is and where it dropped. Having something drop outdoor in a park no big deal just clean it up with some water. Nothing youll find outdoor like this will kill you and you wont even taste it if you clean it correctly. I think i got sick twice in the last 5 years, common cold and diarea. Im more afraid of having lightning strike me then getting something on the floor.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2011-01-17 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EinsamerLobo View Post
    So one time, we got done playing a pick-up game of football in the park. I was walking home pretty hungry when I came upon an untouched slice of pizza on a plate on top of a garbage can. Voila! No more hunger.
    I think you're full of it too, nobody could be that desparate. (unless you're homeless, in which case how are you on here in the first place?)

I have 2 dogs and 3 cats in my house, it is a very rare occasion that I would consider eating something I dropped on the floor.

Depending on the environment I am a firm believer of the 2 second rule. No, not the 5 second rule... the 2 second one.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    I have a friend here at work that was sheltered his whole life. never allowed to go outside.. parents kept everything sanitized.. almost a kid in a bubble..

He gets sick constantly.
    This I can believe. I've heard that exposing kids to dirt, dust, animal hair, etc at a very early age will help prevent many allergies along with boosting the immune system. Not to say you should live in a pigsty, but a little dirt won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by xtsu View Post
    A better question is do you eat the Buffet? After how many people before you walked by sneezed, coughed, maybe they spit while they talk over the food.... or what if you get too much and put some back for the next person... nice thought but yea.... I will order off the Menu. That is if I eat out at all.
    Thats pretty paranoid. You kiss your girl friend with a plastic bag over your head just in case? How do you deal with you know what also?

Deleted
    we were all kids once so who didn't
    but recently
    my floor isnt very hmmm
    so never!!

This may sound mean or insensitive.. but I can't help but laugh at people who are germophobes. Do you need those gloves on while we shake?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix View Post
    This may sound mean or insensitive.. but I can't help but laugh at people who are germophobes. Do you need those gloves on while we shake?
    Hell no ill lick these fingers of yours if you let me.

Whats the food it depends

Hells yeah! I keep my floor around my desk clean anyway.
    Depends on what type of food tho.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on:

1) the food in question
    2) where I dropped it

If the food is a dry food like a cookie or chip, and I dropped it on a relatively clean floor, I will inspect it for visible particles, and if it passes the test then NOM!

If it's a food that has any kind of moisture to it, and/or the floor is gross, then hell no.

5 second rule :P

Deleted
    The it looks tasty rule!

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's my desk at work? No. The carpets are probably older than me. I've worked there 7yrs and they've been shampooed once.

If it's my desk at home. No. The carpets are probably older than me. I've lived there about 4yrs and I can't remember the last time I vacuumed.

So, no. Just. No.

Floor food is the best food!

I just eat it if I dropped it, and only at home where I know the floor is clean.

Deleted
    Rofl if someone is actually being serious with the 5 second rule. On the topic, who cares if it's been on the floor as long as there's nothing specifically dirty on the floor?