Cho'gall 10m help

My Guild has started progressing on 10man Cho'gall. I was wondering if anyone out there had some tips and tricks for us.

Our first couple attempts we were three healing it, we ended up pushing through phase 1 too slow and getting too many adds. We started breezing through phase 1 when we started two healing it. However, heals would go into phase 2 hurting on mana and would eventually OOM with all the damage going out on P2. We may be missing something. That's why I was wondering if people here might have to advice (particularly for how to manage P2).

Raid Comp:
    tanks - Prot Pally, Bear Tank
    dps - hunter, mage, fury war, destro lock, enhance shammy, spriest
    heals - holy Pally, resto shaman

note: our spriest is normally a holy priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Dno man, We 2 shotted him yesterday We have 3 healers tho, but ye, we put sometimes melee dps on adds just in case

The setup if pretty good, but if your priest is offspecc'ing, don't, you go with 2 healers to nuke cho'gall out of his brains, if you go with offspecs, unless they're really good, that won't be the case.

Your setup was pretty much the same as ours but boomkin replacing spriest and mut rogue replacing enhance.

I'll give you some tips.

Have your pally tank tanking Cho'gall while adds (This means Bear starts pulling (Also be sure that EVERY CAST FROM THE BIG ADD IS INTERRUPTED)) and the pally and destro lock should do the interrupt job, with Sfurys and Av Shields.

All the raid stacked on cho'gall, melee and rangeds, spread when the add spawns(timing the worships) to avoid the scrashes then regroup, when you're spread, be sure that everyone that can interrupt does, and don't be THAT spread, just a bit to not have all the shadow crashes in the same pixel.

Kill adds in the entrance, is the best to do because it stretches and the slimes are a lot easier, you've a hunter, so frost trap, let the enha drop the earthbing totem just in case, trap sometimes misses a bit, and AoE like fuckers.

USE COOLDOWNS, use fucking cooldowns in the Flames and Shadow, tank CDs in flame orders, raid CDs in shadow orders (You Pally tank can, and should, shine here).

Have you pally using single sacrifice on the other tank when he has cho'gall and cho'gall is flame ordering his face.

In phase 2, stay together, and INTERRUPT THE BEAMS, ALWAYS, USE EVERYTHING, the tank that is free should be cceing the adds the most, drop rings of frost, counter, deep freezes, shadow fury, the two melees interrupt every fucking thing, pop Lust and burn him down.

The secret is in doing thing right, not having slimes hitting you, no shadow crashes, managing cooldowns and your mana will prevail.

Good luck.

I leave my video here if you wanna see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM9xOfZtRTo
    Last edited by Maven; 2011-01-17 at 05:02 PM.

thanks i appreciate the input thus far

if people have more i would be much obliged

On our first kill we had: Feral tank and prot paladin tanking,
    Holy priest, resto druid, holy paladin healers,

Dps was : Fire mage, frost mage, elemental shaman, retardin, arms warrior.

Basically we figured out that if we get the 25 adds it is a wipe because he will enrage so you need to do it with 4 adds.

We wiped 2 hours fine tuning everything so we can have enough dps to do it, in the end this is what we did.

5 adds- elemental shaman and frost mage handeled it.

10 adds- Ele shaman, frost mage, fire mage

15 adds- same as 10

20 adds- ele shaman,frost mage,fire mage + arms warrior helping.

One thing that can help you if you can't muster the dps. When the 5th add spawns, you need to kill it in 45 seconds, but if it spawns and cho'gall is at 28% for example, you can just off tank the add and if you push the phase before those 45 seconds pass he will "consume the add" just watch out that the add ability is interupted.

The fight is really simple actually,the hard part is maxing dps where you can.

Also, we figured out that if anyone gets any corrupted blood in p1 it is basically a wipe. It really is not and you can manage, but as you can imagine on your first kill every little bit helps and one person puking on half of your raid doesnt help.

good luck and have fun!