Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A flash game that might interest healers (and other players of course).

Hey guys and gals,

we are a couple of guys who decided to make a small flash game based on the healing interface that most people use in WoW. We wanted to share it with you and get some feedback on how you like the game, we appreciate any type of feedback, good or bad so please don't hold back in commenting if there is something in the game that bothers you or you find difficult to understand and of course tell us the things you like about the game.

I cant post a direct link to the game because I am a new user but if you are bored or have some free time please feel free to check it out..

Here is the address to the game (just copy paste this to your browser ): murk.is/emperor/

glhf!

I must admit I liked the game =P. TY sir

Deleted
    Cool idea I guess, I do enough healing already in game.

It was kinda fun :P

10+ Year Old Account
    decent little time sink. One thing I noticed, maybe its just RNG playing tricks on me, but the bottom right character seems to take almost no damage ever. It wasn't hard, and if anyone has ever dabbled with healing, its not 100% easy either. I made it through the first 3 levels fairly fast, I'm sure the difficulty picks up heavily. One thing I do see though, is that for WoW players who have never experienced playing a healer, this is a pretty neat introduction to how things work, and is fairly accurate as far as how the flow of damage goes, except it seems your "tank" character takes a little less damage than he should, and more was going to the bottom left character (stupid fail dps I suppose, so good practice none the less.)

Do you guys have any plans to expand on it a bit? Maybe add fighting character sprites on a 2D scale somewhere? Would add a splash of color and make it a little more entertaining. /2 cents

I would recommend it to people who are just starting out as healers and learning the ropes.

You're missing any kind of resource management and it seems like the damage stops after you successfully land a heal. Not sure if that's intended. Not a bad rough draft but needs some refinement to make it fun (and addictive).

Also, part of what makes healing in wow fun is that you also need to pay attention to your central character. Having the "healer" as a role and not yourself, as you seem to be some omnipotent healing good, takes you out of the gameplay. Watching troops die is not as engaging as being mindful that you, yourself are going to die.

I only played the first 3 levels, btw.

Was fun, got to level 18 before I failed

Hey guys, thanks for the replies

The damage waves are placed on random players so it shouldn't really favor any specific type of players no matter where they are placed on the screen, so it is probably just RNG playing tricks on you Orodoth . The first levels are very easy and meant to integrate people into the game, the real challenges start at around level 9 I think, and that is when the most fun starts. Like the game shows, graphics are not really our thing, we got another person to do the UI for us but we dont really have much more then that.

We dont really have any plans to add more to the game except for minor fixes and maybe add more levels, until we know how you guys like the game.

We also have a "survival mode" which is meant for people who have finished the campaign mode and there they can see how long they can keep their troops alive and compare it with others on the high score list.

play as much as you want and tell your friends

Thanks for the comments, we really appreciate them!

Decas.

yea, nice game!
    well done, guys!

4th in healing done, 1st in hps and Im a tank in cata lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    4th in healing done, 1st in hps and Im a tank in cata lol.
    Come and try to beat me in survival mode Just found the cookie-cutter spec i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    Come and try to beat me in survival mode Just found the cookie-cutter spec i think.
    Just tried it, ended up 4th.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 04:34 PM ----------

Anyway, I give up. I hope my hps highscore will be there for long :P/

10+ Year Old Account
    the only problem i have is that sometimes it doesn't seem to correctly select what i clicked on. And you can't realy spam heals. After a heal is done it takes some time before the next heal becomes available, but nothing indicates when this is.

But other than that a very nice flash game

neat game especially for people like me who are new to healing

Jesus, I thought my record of 4:05 would not be beaten in a long time, well done I must say, I was really surprised I must spend some time now trying to beat that, cant have someone else taking the top spot in survival mode (especially since I am the creator of the game!).

It is very fun for us to see that people are enjoying this and we really really really appreciate all the comments! It is very easy to make new levels so we might do some new levels when people get tired of these.

Please keep on playing and comment, thx alot

Deleted
    Oi! Who just moved this thread

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    link wont work ): can someone make it clickable
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Quote Originally Posted by Decas View Post
    Jesus, I thought my record of 4:05 would not be beaten in a long time, well done I must say, I was really surprised I must spend some time now trying to beat that, cant have someone else taking the top spot in survival mode (especially since I am the creator of the game!).

It is very fun for us to see that people are enjoying this and we really really really appreciate all the comments! It is very easy to make new levels so we might do some new levels when people get tired of these.

Please keep on playing and comment, thx alot
    Well, i think you can easily figure out which spells i maxed out, looking at my hps/healing There is also one required "trick" to make it work better. I stopped trying after i achieved 5'10", but there is room for improvment, especially judging from how i lost, aka shield going on cooldown, but not shielding, which happens sometimes when you spam it right after it comes out of cooldown.

the tank rarely took dmg, he wasnt very good lol. fun game tho, not to many games like this from the heals point of view

Well, i think you can easily figure out which spells i maxed out, looking at my hps/healing There is also one required "trick" to make it work better. I stopped trying after i achieved 5'10", but there is room for improvment, especially judging from how i lost, aka shield going on cooldown, but not shielding, which happens sometimes when you spam it right after it comes out of cooldown.
    Well I could, but I dont want to beat the record by cheating ^^ , besides there is another guy who got 5:42 o.O